INTEL: BUY OUR NEW & IMPROVED 8700K GOY!

>Future processors from Intel will contain mitigations at the hardware level to protect against two of the three Spectre and Meltdown variants, starting with a new batch of 8th generation CPUs due out in the second half of this year

>Today, I want to provide several updates that show continued progress to fulfill that pledge. First, we have now released microcode updates for 100 percent of Intel products launched in the past five years that require protection against the side-channel method vulnerabilities discovered by Google. As part of this, I want to recognize and express my appreciation to all of the industry partners who worked closely with us to develop and test these updates, and make sure they were ready for production.

With these updates now available, I encourage everyone to make sure they are always keeping their systems up-to-date. It’s one of the easiest ways to stay protected. I also want to take the opportunity to share more details of what we are doing at the hardware level to protect against these vulnerabilities in the future. This was something I committed to during our most recent earnings call.

How low can you go? release another same chip (+hardware fixes) 5 MONTHS later!

pcgamer.com/intel-to-build-hardware-fixes-into-8th-gen-cpus-to-protect-against-spectre-and-meltdown/
archive.fo/6FnCu

newsroom.intel.com/editorials/advancing-security-silicon-level/

Attached: 8700kv2.png (986x733, 769K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/intel-z390-aida64-release
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well at least they acknowledge the problem.
I'm surprised they are even doing anything about it.

Hardware fixes for

>Cascade Lake aka Skylarp-X that is around 5% of Intel CPU sales on desktop
>cannonlake
A fucking dual core mobile chip.

Lmao

Oh shit, it will ask for a new motherboard too?
Shill

no, ditch your current unpatched processor and buy meltdown-free and spectre-free Intel processors.

Oh you mean the problem they knew about and shipped a new product anyway?

That's it! Be good goys and by brand new not at all overpriced processors to fix our fuck up.

>Future processors from Intel will contain mitigations
>not an arc that does NOT require them AT ALL

Attached: 1520769441685.jpg (419x767, 43K)

Soooo time for a brand new Ryzen 2000 series CPU?

intelligence agencies must be shitting their pants knowing they only have a few months before they can stop looting one another's computers

Attached: 2f285fbf3152b655e795cd750662b361.jpg (1920x1080, 112K)

welp, between the CTS labs report and OP's news, my upgrade path is now clear....

IM BUYING AMD

FUCK YOU INTEL
FUCK YOU VERY MUCH

Attached: 1e4d4adc-29c7-4810-bb87-31d5377fd0e5..png (499x641, 337K)

> (OP)
>intelligence agencies must be shitting their pants knowing they only have a few months before they can stop looting one another's computers

What are you talking about? They are part of the company.

I guess Ill just go amd when my i5 4590 craps out.

convenient timing

>I guess Ill just go amd when my i5 4590 craps out.

You do not think AMD is compromised as well?

your a retard, if they sent a fix technically is is "fixed" but really this all meme speak for you caught us, well let them in a different way.

>I'm surprised they are even doing anything about it
CEO sold stocks :^)

YES GOY BUY 8700K AGAIN
ALSO BUY A NEW MOTHERBOARD TOO

Attached: 1445873750669.jpg (250x250, 15K)

|
|>
|
|
|

the fact intel is doing this shows they literately have nothing else better in the pipeline coming out anytime soon. normally they would wait until their latest and greatest to do such a thing.

>AMD immune by design

it helps being the slowest processor on the market.

>"nothing better to do"
>Company improving its own product
Wow I read some dumb shit here but that's certainly today's post

Because everything in the world is just made perfect straight away isn't it.

Go away Brian

this place can be a blind hate train for a lot of things, thats not even the tip of the iceberg m8

Yes, concerning important tech for hospitals, vehicles, and the military.

of course don't forget also to BUY our NEW Z390 Motherboard! Better VRM cooling and OC capabilities than Z370!

pcgamesn.com/intel-z390-aida64-release

Does that mean Z370 would be cheaper now?

DAILY REMINDER that Intel knew about Meltdown several months before they released Coffee Lake processors (in fact, they even rushed the coffe lake processor launch by a couple of months)

boycott intel

So... The patches are for their current and last gen cpus only. Probably won't see one for my i7 4790k. Intel can go suck a dick.

Grateful AMD caught up and has something for $150 that isn't a piece of shit unlike Intel

Why tho? I can buy AMD which is also IME free as well

>Intel innovates!
>Doesn’t realise that the current uarch dates back to the p6 days
>Doesn’t remember Netburst
>Doesn’t remember Larrabee
>Can’t advance past 14nm lithography
>Actual new uarch won’t exist until 2022+
THE STATE OF INTEL

>Because everything in the world is just made perfect straight away isn't it.

Yes it is goy. That's why blessed Intel Corporation has been selling the same x86 architecture since 2015.

>intlel still selling defective products
>bugs so bad that basically all OS security controls were useless
>bugs from design flaws which were a known engineering concern for decades

Intel is either criminally incompetent, criminally negligent or criminal.

>PUBG player claims games helped him fend off samurai sword attack by girlfriend
Are we seriously gonna ignore that?

>these PCs have hardware faults that can be exploited
>intel releases improved chip on same architecture to address this
>"HURR BUY OUR NEW CHIP GOYIM HAHAH THE KIKES ARE AT IT AGAIN"
I fucking hate this board.

>fooling customers by changing just the flag bit so chips (((appear))) to not be vulnerable
>addressing the issue
chose only one

To be fair, AMD also uses p6 in zen and the innovation what bulldozer was supposed to failed. It seems that further you deviate from p6, the worse the uarch will be.

shhhh

tfw you actually have an uncle who is an engineer and manager at Intel and is working on these new chips but no one will ever believe you

Attached: 1520644100458.jpg (454x605, 23K)

i was gonna post it to Sup Forums but the board was frozen at that time. kek

What's Haifa like?

are you sure it's not nintendo?

>>Future processors from Intel will contain mitigations at the hardware level to protect against two of the three Spectre and Meltdown variants, starting with a new batch of 8th generation CPUs due out in the second half of this year
>>Today, I want to provide several updates that show continued progress to fulfill that pledge. First, we have now released microcode updates for 100 percent of Intel products launched in the past five years that require protection against the side-channel method vulnerabilities discovered by Google. As part of this, I want to recognize and express my appreciation to all of the industry partners who worked closely with us to develop and test these updates, and make sure they were ready for production.
>With these updates now available, I encourage everyone to make sure they are always keeping their systems up-to-date. It’s one of the easiest ways to stay protected. I also want to take the opportunity to share more details of what we are doing at the hardware level to protect against these vulnerabilities in the future. This was something I committed to during our most recent earnings call.
>How low can you go? release another same chip (+hardware fixes) 5 MONTHS later!
How is this low? Would it have been better if they kept producing the same chip with the same flaw? They simply stopped producing a chip and started producing another, exactly the same except for a bugfix. What exactly are you mad about?

I own a FX-8350 btw.

>not offering a trade in or replacement instead
>go buy the newer model goy
Even intel knows their customer base are a bunch of dumbasses.

daily reminder to kill all kikes. pics unrelated. but you can kill pajeets and muslims too

Attached: poo.jpg (709x480, 112K)

They already did produce a series of chips that they KNEW had the flaw and told no one of it.

We did it boys! /ourguy/ is #1 on Forbes' JUST 100 List!

Attached: MVIMG_20180316_081515~2.jpg (3024x4032, 3.12M)

Intel has been doing refresh CPUs for decades.

memes are too real. make a thread on this

Haswell is getting an update, it's confirmed.

Sandy and Ivy Bridge are currently in 'pre-beta' (which means they're not getting updated in Jewtel speak) according to some microcode document I read a few weeks back.

Don't forget the new motherboard too!

women attacking men happens a lot because of the laws and the duluth model. if you are a man you can't defend yourself against a woman. I would be afraid of sleeping with women and getting attacked.