There is no perfect Linux starter dist

>there is no perfect Linux starter dist...

Oh wait, it's pic related.

Attached: Wheel_tag_coloured.png (380x360, 10K)

desktop rating by logo:
mouse > dragon > that thing > foot

>ubuntu mate
That's a weird way of spelling "Manjaro"
Also since when did Manjaro change their logo?

I have to admit, shit just fucking works on Ubuntu Mate. If I were to introduce anyone to Linux, I'd tell them to start with Ubuntu Mate. It's solid, easy to use, and it's unreal how unlikely you are to run into issues.

Attached: 1521163873231.png (380x360, 14K)

>Not starting with Arch to learn from the ground up
This site is for people 18 years and older.

OP is a fag.

Attached: 1519925208012.png (400x342, 79K)

I hate the notion of "starter distro" and "advanced distro".

I run Ubuntu on my servers, ubuntu is an advanced distro.

*UI breaks within a week*

No

>manjaro
>not antergos

mint sure is pretty easy for newcomers

If I had to pick the Linux distro that fits the most the word COMFY, this is the one.

I installed Manjaro on my ThinkPad and fucking hated it.

>Closing the laptop lid caused some retarded screen issue, managed to fix it
>Installed the most recent (((proprietary))) GPU driver, somehow installing catalyst fucked Whisker menu, and it lost my config
>Graphics performance somehow managed to be worse
>Uninstall and reinstall free drivers
>Things seemed ok
>Few days later random crash while Pacman -Syu
>Have to hard reset as nothing is doing anything
>Whoops looks like it somehow managed to corrupt lightDM and I have a cli only system now
>Use LiveUSB to recover light DM, recovery and repair seems to go well reboot
>Whoops looks like grub is now fucked and how have no OS on your system

And that's when I reinstalled Xubuntu.

Fuck Manjaro. If you're going to make a "just wurks" distro, make it actually work.

It's actually pronounced muh-tAy

Mate feels just like Ubuntu was ten years ago before Unity and Gnome3; pretty comfy. I had no major beef with Unity but Gnome3 is cancer. Open a GTK3 app on your mate and it comes up with fatbars and no Mate decorations? ABSOLUTE HARAM!

What about Ubuntu Budgie? I want to switch to one of these when 18.04 comes around next month

Why is it Americans cannot pronounce words unless they spell it wrong?

>Troll post
Because Ubuntu Mate is used exclusively by people who are not starters but have been using Linux since Gnome 2 and like Gnome 2 over Gnome 3.

aluminium > aluminum
fight me

>Aluminum is the American and Canadian spelling for the silver-white metallic element (number 13 on the periodic table) abundant in the earth’s crust. Aluminium is the preferred spelling outside North America. Neither term is superior to the other, and both are etymologically and logically justifiable. Aluminum is older, while aluminium is more consistent with other element names such as helium, lithium, magnesium, and so on (though let’s not forget there are other -um elements—molybdenum, tantalum, and platinum).
Everyone says Aluminium except for Americans, but they are as always stuck in the age where the UK gave up on the project.

There's also former US colonies.
Also, don't forget, the original Latin names of a lot of transition metals have -um instead of -ium. -um is the original name given by the guy who discovered it while -ium came to be because of asinine complaints by yuropoors that forgot that transition metals exist.

Anyone not using Fedora is an assistant coach for the same case you need anything further from the code but I am planning to come to the same case you have

proof that bots can pass captcha