BSD License

Why are GPLv2 and (Lord save us) GPLv3 being shilled on Sup Forums when the absolute freedom is contained within the BSD license?
No shackles, do whatever you want with anyone's code, but you have to give them credit.
You dont consider companies to be the devil, and if they want to make money off of something you wrote, they can.
Thus, good code can be used by everyone without restrictions and different companies dont have to (hackishly) reinvent the wheel every time, thus there's less of a waste of programming resources and talent, and we may move forward for once.

Attached: 588FAD36469D46ED80A81492E7CBE165.png (629x1173, 131K)

Why are you shilling BSD on Sup Forums?

Because half of Sup Forums are paid shills for the FSF. It's a racket.
>FSF collects donation money
>buy shills
>shills shill for FSF
>people donate because shills told them to

I just explained. Its freedom is unparalleled

Wouldn't you get even more freedom without a license?

Sure, but then you could be sued by a company for stealing and using their code, when in fact they took it from you.

I don't know what BSD is or does sorry.

I think you have copyright even without a copyright notice, that is if you publish it in any tangible form. Ofc that depends on which shit hole you live in, but..

Actually, absolute freedom comes from public domain, not BSD.

BSD are the cucks of code.
Yes goy, work for the companies without getting paid ;) It's fun!

Attached: cryptojew.jpg (320x180, 5K)

>fishing for cuck license
>(you)

But companies are allowed to use GPL code and make money with it, all they have to do is keep it free as in freedom. Why do you hate freedom?

I disagree with taking away other peoples' rights to share, mod and sell. We need to accept that customers are going to pirate our shit to death anyway and look more towards live services to make more money.

>companies can use some code only if they allow other companies to also use their code
>freedom
that's why all companies decide to rewrite everything and you end up with shit code and different implementations everywhere

>BSD
someone post the code of conduct

>linux
Lmao how's canonical treating you

>they want to use others work to make a profit
>but it's bad if others do the same thing with their work
They deserve all the shit code they can get.

GPLcucks work for the Chinese without compensation

Actually they dont lose anything because they probably hire some pajeets to write that and implement their hackish solution, its the end user that gets fucked.

If they decide to use propietary software they deserve to get fucked.

BSD's doesn't protect the end user's freedom. I want my software to be free for all my users, even if they receive a modified version from somewhere else.

Why I would use a license that allows someone to give the middle finger to the end user of my software?

>BSD license

Limits my freedom to not hire trannies.

>Thus, good code can be used by everyone without restrictions and different companies dont have to (hackishly) reinvent the wheel every time
This is the fault of dumb companies, not the license. Those that can't adapt to the modern age and try to shoehorn software in to the same business models applied to physical commodities deserve to waste their resources.

Attached: 1520522438203.png (1279x837, 580K)

>why
freedums

Why are you so new, and a nu-male cuck

maybe they should of written their own code then faggot.

that's what they end up doing, user

I am kind of 50/50 about GPL
sometimes it works and sometimes it feels dodgy

LGPL is pretty great, people can use the program/library in whatever they want but if they improve the library they have to share the improvements

APGL is pretty aids

Cos open-surds are stupid in general.

> You dont consider companies to be the devil
But they are.

t. NEET

BSD is only freedom to developers. If you, as a user, receive propreitary software that uses BSD licensed code, where is the freedom in that? You are being enslaved by the developer. The GPL insures that whoever eventually recieves the software will get the four freedoms of free software.

> what is google

You forget:
Rule zero came before rule 1
Freedom means you cannot dictate to anyone

I work in a small company and see how it works. If it's possible to violate any license ant get away with it - good. If it's possible to make a product and not violate anything - even better ; we'll use the former kind of software for ourselves and sell the latter kind for big profits w/o any real contributions.

>Why are GPLv2 and (Lord save us) GPLv3 being shilled on Sup Forums when the absolute freedom is contained within the BSD license?

Because brainlets easily fall for commie slogans

Whatever kid just get out of my face

Rule 0 is run the software anyway you want. You can't say something like "this software can not be used for evil purposes".

Pepe Public License

Normies not allowed

Attached: 1421165704604.png (1631x1571, 137K)

Because, believe it or not, absolute freedom is a BAD thing. I certainly shouldn't have the freedom to slap you on chains and take away your freedom for shits and giggles.

>No shackles, do whatever you want with anyone's code, but you have to give them credit.

Do BSD licenses allow *hugs*?

You should have the freedom to try

Only FreeBSD trannie cucks dont

Attached: virginfreebsdvschadopenbsd.jpg (2518x1024, 392K)

BSD is the superior license
proprietary software is a good thing

>made up fake arguments against GPL
Current and eternal state of cucks

Who the fuck cares about the user? The user is a fucking mistake that needs to be culled from all software.

/thread

meta

Proprietary software and revenue is the only reason you have what upload/download speeds you do on your fiber
The end user is, in fact, the reason most software sucks, or the internet in general (also see : normies (5) )

?
Without a license no one except of the author would be legally allowed to use the code in any way, shape or form.
It's as proprietary as it can get.

Attached: 1507009415775.png (585x646, 480K)

Attached: 1521053775129.jpg (1024x768, 671K)