Bad idea?

>finds a ROG GTX1080 for a damn cheap price, but broken
>Fans work
>The chip works
>Owner clueless about the issue
>He also bought it broken
Should I buy it, then take it to a repair shop?

Attached: images (25).jpg (384x384, 17K)

How much

>Ask him what's wrong with it
>He says he doesn't know
>Tell him it's probably only good for spare parts
>Offer him $50

1/10th of price
He offers that much...

I wouldn't lie tho... I'd just say that I'll repair it and use it... He also ships it to my city

risky

I know it's a risky gamble...

Lie you bitch otherwise he will just say "well you'll repair it and have a new graphics card pay me 400 right now".

test

If you can afford to lose $50 I say do it.

Did it work?

Not worth it. Probably used for mining.

behead those who mine and sell their busted cards

Attached: hqdefault (5).jpg (480x360, 17K)

This is only worth doing when you cqn repair chips yourself

Waste of money. You won't be able to repair it and it most likely has dead VRMs and maybe worse thing you won't really find to replace because it was choking with no cooling while working 24/7 on a mining rig.

>mine cryptos with GPUs
>GPUs price skyrocket
>GPU breaks due to 24/7 100% load
>sells broken GPU to desperate gaymen

gaymers are the cucks of the GPU market

>fans work
>chip works
>it still doesn't run
That thing has dead VRMs or worse. You're not gonna be able to fix it, most shops won't either, and even if you find one that does, expect them to charge you up the ass and end up with a card with shortened life span because they'll never get it quite right.
Keep your money.

Beat them with 30 shoes!

Attached: 78e.jpg (600x439, 59K)

inshallah brother

If that card has a working chip and fans the issue is only likely to be either the chip needs repasting or the idiot took it out to dust it and knocked one of the surface mounted components off, maybe a resistor or something like that

>Angry miner fail detected.
Enjoy your theoretical cash faggot.

repair shops don't solder PCBs u cuck, they 90% will do jack and recommend to send to manufacturer

Just reflash the bios. Big chance it'll work again.

Buy and sell for parts

You know what? Fuck you the deal is off you fucking cunt coming here even though I told you 60$ was fine.

Go fuck yourself

Look if someone is selling just the fans and at what price, if so then get the card and get some profit from selling the cooler and maybe backplate, if you can't repair it somehow. Backplate and cooler from a 1080 should be like 100$.

100 bucks? Whats it made out of, gold?

I see some backplates go for like 20$ and then fans for 50~80$.

probably a melted mining card...

OP just buy it, make a fake invoice and send it in for RMA.

enjoy your unethically obtained 1080

Ask louis rossmann if he'll do it and how much it would be, maybe he'll think it's a fun project

It's a fried mining card, the seller is lying about it. It's not a good deal

$50 and try the oven trick. Worth it if it works. Sell it afterwards and buy a new one with the money you make.

How hard is it to make a fake invoice anyway? Do the OEMs even bother to check?

He could just be pretending to be clueless to even get the amount of money he's asking now. It's fairly common. You'd think you're getting a great deal for a chance at a card you think you could fix and if you can't, you won't feel ripped off even if you were. I wouldn't say don't do it know that your chances of getting it functional are even lower than you may be thinking

Pulled this stunt with every used GPU I've ever bought. Spend 5 minutes in excel, be sure to put any old distributor, the serial number, a purchase date, open an RMA, get the approval from them before you send it out.

OEMS don't check it, it usually goes to an authorized repair shop. If they can't fix it, you'll probably get a new one