/pcbg/ - PC Building General Sup Forums hates this thread edition

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and _monitor_ suggestions; click on the blue title to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>Learn how to build a PC (You can find a lot more detailed videos on channels like Bitwit)
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g
>How to install Win7 on Ryzen
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

If you want help:
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs:
>NO i5 7500/7600K or i7 7700/K. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY COFFEE LAKE
>NO R3 1200/1300X or R5 1400/1500X. THEY ARE DEFUNCT AND SUPERSEDED BY THE R3 2200G AND R5 2400G
>G4560 - non-gaming (light tasks) or bare minimum gaming builds with a dedicated graphics card
>R3 2200G - Budget builds (best with OC + fast RAM) or for gaming WITHOUT a graphics card
>R5 1600 / i5 8400 - Great gaming (especially the i5 8400) or multithreaded use CPUs (especially the R5 1600)
>R7 / Used Xeon / Threadripper / i7 - Heavy Multi-Tasking / VM Work / Mixed use

RAM:
>Current CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000-3200 MHz is ideal
>Before buying RAM for Ryzen, check your Mobo's QVL or look for user reports

Graphics cards:
>Crypto-Currency miners have driven GPU prices up (particularly Radeon)
1080p
>MSRP of standard 1080p cards: 1050Ti, 140USD; 1060 3GB, $200; 1060 6GB, $230; RX 570 4GB, $170; RX 580 4GB, $200
>GTX 1070 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and 1080 are standard choices; currently overpriced
>GTX 1080Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>GTX 1080Ti

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 240GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor

Attached: qnyGAFFx.jpg (400x400, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/VsLHNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7-yEAdUTUc
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/3H9XHh
kagoo.co.uk/pc-monitors/compare/asus-vg248qe-vs-samsung-c24fg70
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does ram speed actually matter? I've gotten different opinions from these threads. At what point does it stop making a difference?

Only in Zen.

For Ryzen?
Actually, for the low-end Ryzens (especially the 1200), between 2400 - 3200, it will not make much of a difference, however there are applications/games that you will see a quite substantial amount of difference if you go 2133.
For higher-end Ryzens, RAM does matter because of infinity fabric.
Intel CPUs generally doesn't give a fuck about RAM, but it is generally a good idea to get 2400 in the current year of our lord.

What do you guys think? All I want is 1080p 60fps on ultra settings for the next 2-3 years at which point i'll upgrade to 1440p. Already got storage
pcpartpicker.com/list/VsLHNQ

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7-yEAdUTUc

Is this bullshit or no?

if gpu producers are in the right mind they would lower the price
lowering price will increase demand and make pc gaming much more accessible than a damn expensive situation it is now
also recommendations for good mobo to overclock a 8700k?
im in the lookout for the new gen ryzen to see if they can match up for gaymen purpose but it wouldn't hurt to know

Attached: hEPPW3e.jpg (500x427, 37K)

I was the user talking about my CPU OC earlier. It seems like the temps went down after I got an older version of Prime95 that was more compatible with my processor. I still only get 80 degrees tops when playing even the most intensive games I have, so I don't think these stress tests having higher temps is anything to worry about.

Thoughts on Asrock getting in on the GPU game?

ASSrock

They will probably be cheap, higher clocked GPUs for lower prices, at the expense of temps and noise.

decent mobos, but Asrock + GPU sounds like a possible case of housefire

How do you guys hear about deals before they go? ATM I've just got a script that alerts me when anyone posts to sales subreddits.

One of the best overclocking mobos for 8700k is aorus gaming 7. Good VRMS

when will the ram and gpu price madness end?

shit I bought almost a year ago is more valuable now than then

AssCock*

i was thinking of that but the cheapest theyre selling here for is 301 ameridollars
but could cheap out a bit and just go for the gaming 5
i'm probably going to oc only to 4.8 ghz

The gaming 7 has had times where it went on sale for cheaper than the gaming 5. It actually went on sale for 149.99 like on march 8th on newegg. But at 4.8 GHz it probably will be overkill.

>cheapest theyre selling here for is 301 ameridollars
Forget what I said. lol Forgot to read you probably aren't in america. Uhhh 4.8 GHz really isn't too high anyway I think a mid tier board will really suit it.

>AMD poozen

Attached: 1518090342450.png (653x726, 35K)

Attached: 151510588772756.png (560x612, 1008K)

thanks
it's quite atrocious having to withstand higher prices due to import texas

Attached: pizza_eq.png (493x352, 4K)

repostan

Upgrading my current rig a bit.

Buying some monitors. I'm gonna have three 60Hz 1080p displays off a single displayport, and then one 144Hz 1080p display on a second displayport. Got a Dell U2414H as a tester for the 60Hz displays, and I'm liking it, so I'll probably get two more of them.

I think I probably want to arrange them in a square, with the 144Hz as my primary monitor in the bottom left. I'm not totally opposed to other layouts, but my desk isn't wide enough for 1 on 3.

Got any recommendations for mounts? Price isn't a huge issue, but I'd prefer not to go over like ~$35 per arm.

Also, I'm gonna get a new case. Thinking about the Meshify C (though I wish it were a full tower). Thoughts?

Attached: pizza cock.png (322x194, 85K)

I just bought an 1080Ti for 1000$ (communist eu tax included). Did I fuck up? I couldn't stand it anymore.

Attached: 1458275444652.jpg (700x700, 68K)

which brand?

which model?

Msi gaming non-X

good enough me thinks
though i've heard a lot of praise for the msi gaming x

let's say i've got team dark ddr4-3000 CL14 memory, rated for 1.35v, set to 1.35v and 2988mhz, and every single timing is set extremely tight according to the ryzen dram calculator

thaiphoon says these are B-die, so can i push the voltage higher and get a faster frequency on the same timings, or would i need to use a different set of timings to reach that speed? i just don't want to break the sticks

Kind off if $200 jew tax is a lot for you.
Only two days of work for something that will last 3-6 years sounds worth it.

good day pcbg
Here's my build

I've had most questions about this build already answered and have already bought all the components but only now I realised that the ram kit isn't officially supported by the mobo. How fucked am I?

here's the build
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/3H9XHh

90% sure it will work, but probably not at full speed.

why wouldn't it work at full speed?
Are you telling me I'm gonna have to be a speedlet?

Because usually the motherboards only support speeds up to 2666MHz. Find the manual for the one you want to buy and check it yourself.
But they can be OC'd to their full speed, I think.

the manual doesnn't list the model name of my particular ram sticks. Should I cancel the order and buy some other officially supported ram or should I stick with the one that I have already ordered? Will overclocking the ram cause significant temperature difference? Keep in mind that It's a mini it build
Thanks

*mini ITX build

I have an Alienware Aurora I am considering buying. i7 8700k, 1080ti, 16gb 2666 ram, 256gb m.2 and 1tb hdd, 850 watt power supply for $2100. Should I wait until something new is announced and see if prices drop or just pull the trigger?

Guys, I'm looking to buy a new tablet that needs to have an attachable keyboard. I'm a college student, so what's a good choice for basic productivity and programming?

I'm pretty damn sure it will work, QVL only means it got tested. But as with the other 3200MHz sticks it will run at 2133 until manually set it to a higher frequency on the BIOS.

Wait for the r5 2600 or pull the trigger on a fairly cheap 1600?

Thanks a lot user.

I say wait, I'm expecting it to come out next month.

I could be wrong, though.

Is sentey a good brand?

Is cougar a good psu brand? I am building a destitute pc and a friend offered one to me 600w for 20 dollars

Nope.

Which PSU specifically? Ask your friend the model.

Thoughts? babbys first build i have no idea what im doing

Attached: bygg dator lol3.png (897x668, 82K)

looks good to me, must be fucking expensive tho

thoughts on this?

Attached: BrideToBe.png (1301x853, 76K)

Fucking rich scandinavians.

not rich im just 20 and work in retail but I live at home so I save all the money I earn lad

get the asus rog strix b350f instead, it's better for overclocking (which is good on the 1600) and msi is kinda shit for motherboards and bios

might want a 650W PSU for futureproofing too

>at the expense of temps and noise
I wouldn't mind that at all. I wear headphones and the sound of my tower is basically never noticed. Temps is a non-issue unless it's at boiling hot levels that no GPU should be in anyway.

The m.2 ssd is overpriced, get a sata ssd instead. Otherwise not bad. Are you planning to overclock? If so you should delid the 8700K.

So if you want a miniature pc, say something that could fit screen battery and all in a hollowed out large book, do you pretty much have to shell out money for the right microPC? or is there a way to do this without buying something like the intel nuc or something. theyre pretty decent as far as prefab material goes, but obviously theyre really pricey. things like 800-900 dollars.

it may be hella gay but I just want to have a big functional magic book.

Attached: __diana_cavendish_and_kagari_atsuko_little_witch_academia_drawn_by_magical_ondine__sample-45a182d01e (850x850, 163K)

Looking for gaming monitor

24'' 1ms 144Hz VA panel display port
Are all those parameters are meme?
Anyway witth monitor is the best:
Asus VG248QE
View Sonic XG2401
AOC G2460F Q/P
Benq Zowie XL2411
Samsung C24FG70FQU
Acer R240HY

Thanks for advice

Also, what happens if I buy a 1080Ti but don't have a g-sync monitor?

its fine
G-sync is good for low frame rates but you shouldnt have too many low frame rate issues with the 1080ti unless you are playing 4k ultra

Bumping this since I'm about to buy a Samsung C24FG70 and I want to know if I'm fucking up and should go with the VG248QE

1ms is a meme in itself

Ordered this Wednesday morning. Was gonna also get a 1TB 960 EVO, but roommate talked me out of it. Already have a 1080 for it.

I can't wait to put it all together and finally be able to play Minecraft in 4k.

Attached: pooter.jpg (1009x807, 343K)

>I can't wait to put it all together and finally be able to play Minecraft in 4k.
I have the same setup and I'm playing minecraft in 1440p

feelgoodman :)

d-delete this image

Has anyone had HDDs shipped to them?
Will they survive the journey?

Attached: 230498373.png (1231x562, 162K)

I have had all 3 of my drives shipped to me
they all work fine since they are packaged well enough

kagoo.co.uk/pc-monitors/compare/asus-vg248qe-vs-samsung-c24fg70

Sup Forums, I need some advice in regards of My GPU/PSU

Today i started experiencing some messed up stuttering while playing vidya, mainly WoW and CSGO.

My games would Stutter every once 1-2 seconds and in WoW if i had my framerate unlocked my GPU fans would simply max out while my pc rebooted.

I tried everything, from swithing OSes to downgrading GPU drivers, none seemed to work, until i decided to set my graphics card to use 50% less power, that solved the sturrering and rebooting issues.

Now, could this be my GPU dying or it's my PSU's fault?

My GPU has never been overclocked and never surpassed 68c under load.

Power supply has been on 24/7 for almost 4 years now.

MSI RX480
EVGA supernova 750b

What to do?

Attached: 1392167067134.gif (300x225, 1.75M)

I might if you give me an answer

They get packaged well. Don't expect magic from NAS HDDs though, the two I bought are noisy. Might be my PSU/cables though.

thanks lad

i also decided to downgrade to a 250gb SSD instead of a 500gb since I feel like I will never use a 500gb one

Is Samsung 860 EVO 250GB good? It's SATA just like you said

Is the Ryzen 3 2200g still good with a 1070? If not, how about the the 2400g? If still not, what's the easiest way to commit suicide?

Try containing your autism friendo.

I think 2400g should barely hold enough for 1070. I would spring for the 1600 instead for $20 more.

don't know if I should ask here or the stupid question thread, but I'm looking to move to windows 10 on my gaming desktop and I see keys available on ebay as low as $5

ye or nay?

or any way I can get a legit key on the cheap would be appreciated

>I see keys available on ebay as low as $5
Yeah I got my win 10 pro key for about that price. So far been like 3 ish months since it's been activated and no problems since. I literally just went to an ebay page thejokerproductions linked. Not sure if some of them might be scams.

>Testing new build
>Running vidyer maxed 1080p
>Can't get silky smooth 60 fps minimum despite not a single thing capping out on usage
Thermal throttling maybe? GPU running at 80C on full load

Attached: 1511269794388.png (213x207, 57K)

found the video you mentioned, appreciate your input user

bought my current win8 key from kinguin but I'm going to give this ultra cheap ebay option a shot and see if this shit works out

Sup Sup Forums, my trusty old 660Ti has started shitting the bed, not to mention it's starting to drop below min reqs for some games, so I'm looking for a replacement that won't break the bank. If I'm still rocking a 5 year old CPU (i5 3570) would a 1050Ti be overkill or about what I'm looking for?

Attached: grafics.jpg (784x765, 162K)

>1050Ti about what I'm looking for
this

I have a 1tb wd blue in December, started tormenting anime so I need another drive.
What should I look at? I was thinking wd 4tb blue

Attached: 1520404717210.gif (359x393, 149K)

what is your build and what are you playing?

Is anyone actually building new computers right now? RAM and GPUs are stupid expensive.

they're not getting any cheaper though
ssds are going up in price as well because samsung fucked up a bunch of nand wafers

>i3-8100
>2x8GB DDR4-2666 RAM
>GTX 1060 6GB
Tried playing
>Vermintide 2
>Mass Effect: Andromeda
>Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
None of them hit steady 60. Suppose 2 of 'em can be attributed to being garbage ports

the gpu is too weak for completely maxed out 1080p on those games

dont buy a new pc right now, the gpu market is straight shit because of crypto

check the QVL on the memory for the motherboard you want to buy, I bought corsair vengeance and it was a fucking asshole to get stable at rated speed on my motherboard with Ryzen

It's not even hitting 50% usage on anything

check temps then

I got a GTX 1080 running on a 1440p/144hz Freesync monitor. Would it be worth it to replace the 1080 with a Vega 56? Vega 64 is still too expensive.

>Would it be worth it to replace the 1080 with a Vega 56?
Fuck no, are you retarded?

Nah. Even if you were on Linux, it would be a stretch to do that.

I have a HAF XB EVO which is a fucking monstrosity and I'm tired of it
What is the best, smallest, ATX case around these days
I was looking at the 200R or 270R but they still look fucking huge

holy fuck
I thought you guys where kidding
I'm just here to check for another HD for my poverty rzyen 3/1050ti rig I built back in DEC for like $500 with monitor.
Just read someone's post about prices.
Checked what 1050ti's are going for now.
FUCKING $310??????????
HOW THE FUCK, I SPENT $130 on mine (like $150 full price prior to mastercard promo)
boy fuck I'm glad I built when I did then

Attached: fuck.gif (247x183, 2.21M)

Yeah. I got a rig back in December too, actually.
Wanted a 1050ti but instead got a cheap GPU for the time being since I didn't have the full $140 for the one I was looking at.
I am further from being able to afford the damn thing now and it's only been three months.

Is a 120gb Kingston ssd for 40USD/53CAD a good deal?

>Inb4 falling for the SSD meme

>120gb ssd
Get twice that

extremely small ssds ARE a meme

It's for a budget college build. Should I just leave it out?

>steve shits on H500P
>doesn't get sent a H500P mesh edition
>every other reviewer who glossed over the lack of AIRFLOW in the successor to the HIGH AIRFLOW case gets sent a H500P mesh
really makes you _____

Attached: mistakes into materia.jpg (895x1027, 107K)

add 50 bucks and get 240 gb one

Found one for 88cad. Now all I need is a keyboard and mouse, any recommendations?