USE BOTNET OR GET FUCKED

So avoiding the botnet and all the NSA hooks is illegal now?
Some hacker dude started a biz that gutted phones and installed PGP and some other tools. SOld it various people including some big time drug guys. He wasn't selling drugs, he was selling phone to these men and women. Just like when they buy a pair of jeans, or a soda.

Am I missing something here?

Attached: botnet_demands.jpg (1829x7221, 2.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Is-it-legal-to-knowingly-sell-an-item-that-will-be-used-to-commit-a-crime
phantomsecure.com/index.php
crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/6712/is-aes-256-a-post-quantum-secure-cipher-or-not
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You're missing the fact that conducting business with criminal organisations is illegal.

He sold it knowing that they were drug dealers.
Big mistake. Especially to admit it.

You don't sell guns to criminals. You provide legal self-defense equipment to security-conscious upstanding citizens.

What law does is broken by selling things to criminal organisations?

/thread
But it is only a matter of time before encryption becomes illegal or legally backdoored. Bye-bye AES, you'll be missed.

Aiding and abetting a crime organization. Even with a great lawyer you're fucked.

If a supermarket sells food to the mob, is that aiding and abetting?

If they knew they were part of a criminal organization and didn't report them, then yeah.

Ah, that makes sense.

basically this. If he was just selling the hardware rather than specifically saying to undercover agents that they're perfect for selling drugs, he'd probably be fine.

quora.com/Is-it-legal-to-knowingly-sell-an-item-that-will-be-used-to-commit-a-crime

>Most jurisdictions have laws against "rendering criminal assistance" either before the fact of the crime or after the fact of the crime. If one knows (or should reasonably understand) that the item they are selling is going to be used in a crime, they can be held criminally liable under these statutes, and civilly liable under general tort principles of negligence or recklessness.

Like, for instance, I can sell my hunting rifle that I dont use anymore to another person looking to buy a gun. I can't sell guns to ISIS if its proven that I know who they are and I say "these will kill lots of people really quickly"

If it's proven in court that they knew they were dealing with criminals, yes

wait, so el chappo guys from a friendly merchant things like cars, pants and steak.
So now we arrest the car dealer and the manufacture of the car in the plant, the jean maker and the sales clerk, and the cattle rancher and the the grocery store clerk.
Let just arrest everyone then.

To quote the Rand Paul guy: "get a warrant" if you want to glow in the dark.

you're an idiot. You can't sell things to people that will directly be used for criminal purposes. If you were selling getaway cars en masse to el chapo and you are recorded on tape saying that they're perfect getaway cars, yes that would be illegal.

see
The guy would have been fine if he wasnt an idiot

Here is the website. This guy seems like a /pol and /g combination. With some /b thrown in.

phantomsecure.com/index.php

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-16 phantom secure.jpg (1829x3824, 875K)

All phones should be secure by default.
Proprietary software outlawed.
PGP taught in 5th grade at the latest.

ty meeester fbi knee igorrrrr

lel this is why nobody takes courts seriously

knee igor? Oh you son of a bitch!

Attached: ghost.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

>ITT: Sup Forums proves its stupidity

If by "nobody" you mean "everybody" then sure. Then again maybe in whatever shithole 3rd would country with no laws you live in it's different. Though I have a feeling you're just confusing with the internet with reality.

Here is the page where they get into the nitty gritty about what snowden was talking about. x key score n stuff.

Attached: affidavit.png (664x850, 47K)

Why not just legalize drugs instead?
Save a shit ton of money.
Spend some of it on education and health care.

this page is very interesting and /g. Lots of the how. good reading.

Attached: interdasting.png (676x855, 265K)

Attached: pgp citizen.png (675x854, 288K)

So the company takes what name you want to use, like a trip-code, and thats your handle.
Names like:
weeabo_18
or
NSA BJ 69
4chan4evar

the company does not know who you are and cant read your AES communication. This one is an interesting read, even given the affidavit.

Attached: leethacker.png (671x859, 202K)

Nevermind. I read where the ceo actually dun goofed. Interesting idea though. Modify an off the shelf phone, and install pgp and AES.

Attached: nevermind.png (708x609, 120K)

Surprised that black people can even buy food.

imagine paying attention to every inane thing your customer says just in case they're a cop trying to trick you

YOU FUCKING FRUITBOWL

thank you based leet_hacker420 for the rundown

that's not inane

it's aiding

Okay. So would it be legal to -manufacture- phones like this from the start and sell them? Is the "illegal" part that he stripped phones that were already made, and then sold them?

the legal problem is that he associated with anyone, including those who he was alleged to know were cartel members
of course, if one refuses, one tends to end up headless on the side of the road at 2am, but the courts don't care about that

the trick is to sell these to anybody, if the phones really were secure he'd have no problem selling it to cops.
instead, he was vetting customers, so it was more than likely he knew there was some sort of a criminal connection.

The next question is, how does an individual create a phone with the same security features? This kind of privacy should be easily accessible to anyone. Almost anything that pisses off the alphabet soup group is good for private individuals.

Really interesting read, actually. And I love how hard they're pushing "anonymity and encryption = criminal use, anti-social behavior". What a cock sucker.

This is why they should have told their customers exactly how to do this sort of thing themselves. "If you need a phone wiped, follow these steps" that way no illegal information is ever exchanged - a phone on their network disappears, they don't know what happened, no one does.

The private prison industry is gigantic in the US. Literally hundreds of millions/billions of dollars are dependent on actual, by-definition, slave labor, which comes from inmates. What better way to furnish a workforce that doesn't get paid than to arrest people for non-violent offenses?

>But it is only a matter of time before encryption becomes illegal or legally backdoored. Bye-bye AES, you'll be missed.
Fingers crossed security researchers up their game and get quantum-resistant encryption in place before quantum computing becomes feasible. That's asking for the armor before the gun is made, though.

Attached: 1506387623879.jpg (384x384, 37K)

Quantum computing won't defeat AES

In Chilean Law, for example, is called ilicit association.
This is perfectly fine.
The issue is if this is used as slippery slope to ban encryption.

Neat, sounds like you're right: crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/6712/is-aes-256-a-post-quantum-secure-cipher-or-not

At least for now, there aren't any publicly-known attacks on AES that break it.

>The issue is if this is used as slippery slope to ban encryption.
This is exactly what they're going for. They might not be able to outright ban it, but I fully expect something like the Britbong's "we'll just hold you in prison forever until you give us the password" law.

They didn't sell the phones to the cartels by accident, don't be dense.

+1

>americans do illegal stuff
>it's botnet shilling
>it's mexicans fault
W-what?

yes but it's a terrible analogy, the phones allowed the criminals to not only function but thrive, big difference between that and selling food

You're missing that he basically did that specifically for drug dealers, since in order to buy you had to know a previous customer, and that they left the GPS on the device (despite claiming they didn't) so as to be able to track and eventually dispose of nuisances.

what if crims are not the intentional target demographic?

Attached: hacker3.jpg (500x333, 19K)