Ending all legacy BIOS support by 2020

>zdnet.com/article/intel-were-ending-all-legacy-bios-support-by-2020/
What does Sup Forums think about this shit news?

Attached: 58488c615de02158db645c69.png (256x441, 121K)

I don't use any non-retro computers with a BIOS for years already.
So, don't really think anything about it.

I guess it's good that the shit piece of fuck we called the x86 ISA slowly gets rid of it's bloated legacy.

non-news, who gives a fuck?
It's like being pissed off you don't have an RJ11 jack on your new PC

>but muh completely outdated shit that no one should use ever
woe is me

Uefi is bloated.

Exactly, no need to include legacy BIOS support in a already bloated UEFI.

Why do I have the feeling that this "end of support" will coincide with machines bricking for no reason, requiring the purchase of new hardware?

>Uefi is bloated
Jesus christ just shut the fuck up, you idiot.

>but muh completely outdated shit that no one should use ever
Use Xorg (20 years outdated shit and Legacy BIOS, cause coreboot) . don't know how to flash TianoCore.

Why would they? I doubt motherboards that are made today with still Legacy BIOS support that are even supported 3 years from now will get any updates removing Legacy BIOS support. Just no more support for new motherboards with Legacy BIOS features.
Even if that would happen, I doubt anyone actually smart enough to use it for a particular reason wouldn't know not to update.

That's just you trying to be a cheap hack because "muh security and freedoms", instead of getting dedicated high end but pricey free and secure hardware.
Nobody in the real world cares.

>a problem that only one person in the entire universe has and it's a self-imposed problem
No one cares about your shitty extreme niche fucking cases for things.

BIOS is bloated too

kawaii

>itt: why don't you use UEFI, goy? Do you have something to hide perhaps?

>itt: people who will be unable to use computers in the future and we will all be saved from their constant idiocy

i'm planning to switch to efi stub boot and a signed linux kernel. should be very comfy

as for the news,
>intel
why not just use a RISC architecture and compatible motherboard if you care that much? there's plenty of issues with intel/amd that don't include BIOS support

0.05 shekels have been deposited into your bank account, Ira

>why not just use a RISC architecture and compatible motherboard if you care that much? there's plenty of issues with intel/amd that don't include BIOS support
See Poorfags I guess.

You're suck a stupid fucking cunt.

The state of Sup Forums

Two words:
1. Coreboot
2. Seabios.
Just my two cents.

>he doesn't hack gibsons with acoustic couplers at payphones

>he can't whistle at exactly 2600Hz

Finally. I believe it should have ended in 2005. EFI is more sensible and logical.

it affects only shitty new botnet hardware

found the windows 10 users

I boot Linux through UEFI on modern machines. Why would I use CSM?

>implying I'm a single OS user
Tough luck, have a (You).

The reason is solely hipster autism.

>Intel
Who?

Attached: 1375030393923.png (560x407, 6K)

Just means we'll need updated versions of things like ultimatebootcd. All the relevant OSes and their installers can already boot from UEFI without CSM.

By 2020, you probably won't be able to run Windows 7 on new PCs anyway. The only other relevant OS that needs CSM to boot is DOS, which that only stayed useful because of things like BIOS and firmware updaters, and those are all moving to BIOS-integrated or mini-Linux based boot images like Samsung uses for its SSDs. For all other uses, legacy OSes still run perfectly fine in VMs or Dosbox.

>intel
who cares?

What about React and FreeDOS?
Don't they depend on the BIOS to interface hardware?

>seabios

Attached: intel_collage.jpg (9999x9999, 3.84M)

Both of those can easily adapt to UEFI.

FUCK

uefi is the most arbitrarily hard to use and inconsistent shit on the planet, bios will always be better