Tech Police!

Tech Police!

Attached: 1510081068170.jpg (3264x2448, 765K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fsf.org/blogs/rms
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

WEE WOO WEE WOO

You do know what this is for, right?

>inb4 it turns out I'm in reddit

...You do understand why this is done, yeah?

I actualy dont

Attached: 1510081385091.jpg (604x453, 90K)

What am I looking at here

Attached: 1509273879644.png (183x275, 4K)

Attached: 1510080302797.jpg (375x500, 83K)

Attached: 1510080272290.jpg (640x427, 50K)

I'm genuinely curious. What does this do? Looks like it's for pulling the state of some pins up or down, but what for? Reverse image search yielded no results.

it's called "bank switching"

Attached: 0.jpg (223x226, 10K)

>Reverse image search yielded no results.
Why do you even need reverse image search? Can't you look at OPs picture and a pinout of DDR3?

what does it do

The current state of Sup Forums everybody.

Attached: cumface.jpg (225x216, 10K)

You don't have to be a faggot about it.
Everyone is new at some point

>tech illiterates come to a tech board

Switch banks

Yeah nah. You don't do bank switching like that on SDRAM. This isn't your Commodore's kernal
I did, and it looks like it pulls the 9th bit of the data bus up or down. If this were an 8 bit bus + ECC I'd assume it did some magic to trick a board into thinking it's ECC memory or something, but afaik DDR3 is 72-bit.
Here, have some (you)s

You flip the switches up and down really fast and it helps you mine cryptocurrencies.

Bank switching with fucking hardware switches? What scenario would that even be useful for?

I want to squeeze this old machine:

X5460 3.16Ghz
8Gb dual channel ddr2 adata vitesta 1066mhz
Asus p5kc
GTX 580

Attached: 29249325_1870935129606334_5403291124470287067_n.jpg (708x694, 195K)

>unironically thinking this is a bank switcher
The current state of Sup Forums everybody.

Knock yourself out.

Attached: Debian6lts.gif (230x245, 21K)

Is this one of those new e-fingerboxes?

...that's not a bug...

it's a computer mouse

Get a hydraulic press, doing by hand will be hard

Back in the day it was useful for switching between ROMs in microcomputers.
still, this isn't bank switching. You can't just flip a bit in the adress bus of SDRAM and expect it to work. Even if it were bank switching the signal integrity would get completely fucked by this contraption.

That was done to allow for hardware switching of frequencies during an LN2 OC right?

Did he died?

rato is just sleepy

It's a feature.

I can see it's of the older wired kind, but how's the reading, mechanical or optical?

>Yeah nah. You don't do bank switching like that on SDRAM. This isn't your Commodore's kernal
did his shitpost joke really go this far over your heads?

I've changed my mind. Your posts are no longer comedically shit. Into the filter you go.

Thanks for sharing, how do I sub to your blog?

>I did, and it looks like it pulls the 9th bit of the data bus up or down. If this were an 8 bit bus + ECC I'd assume it did some magic to trick a board into thinking it's ECC memory or something, but afaik DDR3 is 72-bit.
Go read the specification now and think very hard. It seems like you have problems with that.

1) Create a tumblr.com account
2) Visit isuckdicks.tumblr.com
3) Click "Follow"

I can't even imagine there are people this dumb here who would actually think it was true. Literary the state of this shithole.

What does that do?

It's to activate the hyper warp drives on the aluminum falcon, but it was made for a pc processor.

fsf.org/blogs/rms
Enter your email into the box and click "Subscribe me".

Yeah, data bus is 64-bit, not 72. My bad.
still, doing that with the 9th bit won't do shit.
I managed to find a thread about this in Reddit, turns out it was supposed to be a mod to force signal termination in the DIMM for overclocking, but whoever did it soldered everything to the wrong pins.
I thought I'd never see the day this shithole became worse than fucking reddit, but oh well. It's not like I can get off this ride.

You can user, you just need to stop being afraid

I'm 35 and I never heard of this

what them lil' thingers do op?

No clue.

>I thought I'd never see the day this shithole became worse than fucking reddit
happens every day. just visit the daily programming thread or web developer general

contrary to all the baseless conjecture and smug fart smelling competitions in this thread, OP's pic actually is merely a switch that gives German people an electrical shock in the nob helmet while they are playing games. When they lose they flick these switches and for an hour afterwards their ram modules give their nobs a huge electrical shock through some wires as a punishment

bank switching

>Have you tried turning your RAM off and then on again?
>Did you remember to turn off both sides of the RAM?

>van's outside
>"you're fucked kiddo"
>hit the killswitch
Not today, niggers... Not today.

Attached: 1507507780668.png (1024x768, 389K)

Nice one

>I thought I'd never see the day this shithole became worse than fucking reddit, but oh well. It's not like I can get off this ride.
But you are part of the problem

Reporting for duty!

Attached: no-anime.jpg (686x678, 27K)