Just bought the s9

just bought the s9

ok so what's the point of the edge screen? it's tripping my eyes out on the edge text and video curves over

Attached: samsung-galaxy-s9-s8-1.jpg (900x507, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/remap-bixby-button-your-galaxy-s9-no-root-needed-0183363/
forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-and-s8-plus/822458-do-you-use-always-display.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

topgoy

To try to make it look like they haven't run out of ideas.

Gimmick.

Curved screens are fucking retarded. It cuts the view of apps and your palm presses the sides, not to mention you cant fit ANY tempered glass protector on it. Curved was a mistake. The s9 is a great phone though, received mine tuesday

Because consumer's have been conditioned into considering bezels as evil.

Honestly after my last three phones being Samsung and having two of them go to shit on me after a year I'm seriously considering flipping to Pixel. I'll just about tolerate being kicked in the dick if it means having a two year warranty.

>having two of them go to shit on me after a year

in what way?

I haven't owned a Samsung since S4. can you still root and install a stock android version?

s9 owner here.
yes this phone is garbage.
battery only lasts over a day, curved screen looks like shit and my $180 chinkphone from 2 years ago ran apps just as well.

You forgot to post an aliexpress link, fucking shill.

Seconding symptoms request. I'm also starting to think hating the s9 is the cool kids contrarian thing to do. The only things to fix is flat screen and debloat. I'm picky about phones and can say that the last couple iterations of galaxy phones are good. Not everyone wants "good enough" chinkshit like the mates or op5ts, nor do normies care about the screen curve. I do and dislike it, but hardly any sensible phones outclass the s9. Will stay that way until this fall.

Attached: oooweee.png (1024x768, 244K)

You seem to think "good enough" phones like the op5t are actually worse than the s9. They aren't. These $1,000 phones are verging on audiophile levels of overpriced. There's absolutely nothing useful that my op5t can't do that an s9 can, and the op5t is like 8 months old. Also my phone doesn't have easily broken and completely undefendable screen edges, or a fuckload of bloat.

Literally the only thing the s9 has over cheaper options is extremely heavy marketing and social pressure to buy it. Nice job falling for Samsung's social manipulation.

I don't know what you guys are on but I love my s9+, it makes the s7 active I was using feel like a potato.

>$180 chinkphone from 2 years ago ran apps just as well

Yeah, nah that's bullshit.

You fell for the meme.

I should've waited for this piece of shit instead on upgrading to the note8 a few months back, the s9 is already getting ASOP roms with full functionality thanks to project treble while I'm going to be stuck with debloated touchjizz rims for the next 3+ years.

IT ISN'T FAIR

Attached: brainlet_wojack43.jpg (434x339, 14K)

I still own the superior s5

AOSP*
roms*

I really am a brainlet

Superior to what?

He paid $0 and has essentially the same experience you get with the s9. I'd call that superior.

>buying phones without custom ROM support
Treble is looking fucking great so far, even literally-who phones get fully working aosp now. But again, only European S9 has unlocked bootloader.

Attached: 1520456944192.png (402x413, 188K)

Easier to hold, aesthetically pleasing. You got the edge apps from Samsung.

People tend to throw this feature out the window just for the fuck of it. The phone feels legitimately good in the hand.

I got the Note 8. Completely hated what Samsung did with the Note 8 until I actually held it in my hand for the first time. I actually enjoy it a lot even tho, I had the S8+, it's a bit rough in my palm and the S8+ is definitely a nicer fit but nothing to complain due to not having tiny hands. Had the S8+ but my cats decided to throw it from the 4th floor, the price of fixing was too big, decided to get the Note 8 altogether. Don't regret it one bit. The extra 2GB of ram actually comes in handy for me and I missed the S-Pen a lot. I think I took a little over 20 quick notes just the last week. The idea is the fact that the phone is legitimately good once you get past the petty "UGH TOUCHJIZZ" shit. Also, the phone is more fluid compared to the S8.

Can't wait to get the UX 9.0 tho. Got my hands on the S9 for a full day and the phone legitimately feels more snappier and faster in general compared to both S8 and N8.

Not only europe pretty much the rest of the world outside american gets the exynos version

Should I kill the bixby button by disabling its services completely or is it worth remapping?

yeah can i make the bixby button the screenshot button or something?

is there a way to wake up and turn off the screen by just tapping the screen?

im really missing that feature after owning an lg g4 and g6

>tfw you're gay and you just buy $800 phones without any preferences or research and ask random people what you just bought with your $800 on a mongolian sewing message board

Used to, but I think Samsung blocked everything but bidby since then. Quick Google gave me this though: android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/remap-bixby-button-your-galaxy-s9-no-root-needed-0183363/

You can with 3rd party shit. But always-on negates the need, you won't need to press anything to check your phone.

upgraded from my iphone 5s to s9 and im liking it. no complaints so far

how badly does aod drain your battery?

Can you not search on your own??

forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s8-and-s8-plus/822458-do-you-use-always-display.html

Basically it of course inpacts battery life, but there are mitigating factors of still decent battery life, fast charging, and wireless charging.

Yea boi, mine's also still working well

Why are they all so huge, though? I hate it. I just wish there was an option to stay at the size of the S7. Such a nice phone. I love the Active version for its 4000mah battery.

Attached: 1370795206218.png (820x609, 658K)

I don't think I've even seen such a major product offering a feature that had only negative qualities (the curved screen) and people still buy and praise it.
>edges make typing and reading text difficult
>curves create glare when watching media
>screen protectors don't fit properly
>more delicate than a flat screen
There is literally not ONE positive to a curved screen.

S9 is the same size plus or minus a few mm as my S7, albeit with a bigger screen.

S8 & S9 are too fucking LONG this 18:9 meme needs to end

>audiophile levels of overpriced
>op5t
the op5t has a 1080p pentile screen with the effective resolution of 1760 by 880 which is only 20% more pixels than a 2:1 720p display.
If you're one of those autists who think anything above 720p is placebo you need to get off the board.
The op5t also has an awful camera.
Stop sperging out just because some people want more than this and yo don't

The most annoying thing is trying to reach the notification tab with one hand. You have to swipe down from the very top of the screen. It's bullshit.

protip: go to settings and enable quick notification in homescreen settings it somewhat alleviates the bullshit

It's the phone equivalent to tits so big that they cause back problems. People like bezels small. So Samsung distorts the display and makes the phone easier to break to achieve that look.

and what does the op5t do that a Mi A1 can't do? I think the 5t is a nice phone for people who only like stock like android and are not willing to get the pixel 2 but the Samsung flagship offerings may not be the fastest but they hold their own.

>You got the edge apps from Samsung.
useless gimmick only morons will even think of using
>Had the S8+ but my cats decided to throw it from the 4th floor
don't blame the cats for your own retardation you fucking mongoloid mess

Have gotten used to the size after 2 days, still getting used to the navbar though.