Shitcoin mining : Let the bans begin

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/8xk4qv/bitcoin-ban-plattsburgh-coinmint-mining

> Plattsburgh, New York has imposed an 18-month moratorium on Bitcoin mining to prevent miners from using all the city’s cheap electricity.

There needs to be more of this worldwide.

Attached: 1520523036341.jpg (249x249, 12K)

Won't be long until they cut your power for (((hate speech))) too

Define "bitcoin mining". It's literally just running a SHA-256 encryption. The right of citizens to encrypt has been upheld by decades of legal precedent. The city would get absolutely raped in court if they tried to enforce that law.

>The right of citizens to encrypt has been upheld by decades of legal precedent.
Not if it causes global warming,

Define assaulting someone. It's literally just doing a mouvement with your fist. The right of citizens to move their fists have been upheld by centuries of legal precedent.

a literal who liberal hellhole. sounds about right.

Attached: .png (382x392, 96K)

Who knew that shitcoins actually had value? Shame it all comes from legal winnings

I'd like to know how they can prove you're mining bitcoins

>I'd like to know how they can prove you're mining bitcoins

same way they find people growing weed: with specific algorithms that monitor electricity usage via smart meters.

so they find your computers, then what? how do they know it's mining bitcoin? it doesn't smell like bitcoins or anything

>specific algorithms
Nice specificity you have there.

No they find 50 gpus

contributing to one of the many gpu intensive scientific crowd-sourced operations

back to Sup Forums faggot

quality btfo

>liberal
>first to limit your freedom

how does this work?

>Nice specificity you have there.

they are simple, they flag any houses that use more more than the average amount of electricity in a neighborhood. gpus use a lot of power, just like grow lights, super easy to track such large anomalies.

>so they find your computers, then what? how do they know it's mining bitcoin? it doesn't smell like bitcoins or anything

if you have 1 pc mining, that is amateur level and only going to appear as a slight bump like a high end gaming pc or two.

this is to target SERIOUS miners, who buy up cheap property in areas where electricity is cheap and set up dozens of machines to max out what their property's circuit breakers can support.

this is an actual problem. autists who don't understand economics are literally burning up energy, increasing costs, farming memes.

I thought it was a joke that my town is a "city" with a 40k pop.

Back to biz cocksucker

you haven't kept up with the online censoring lately?

LMAO

no such thing it's climate change nao

>this retard thinks he understands economics

Keynesians get the fuck out

>Implying anything free market capitalists support acutal works
Every single policies increased the deficit and grows the government. The ideology is complete fucking joke.

My town's a city and its population is 3k

>no such thing it's climate change nao
Gay frogs too.