Man I love this fucking board. Shitposting to no end pretending that we use Windows. That's enough though...

Man I love this fucking board. Shitposting to no end pretending that we use Windows. That's enough though. No more games, let's have a serious discussion. None of us are REALLY dumb enough to use Windows, right?

Attached: 1451637915786.jpg (600x765, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Someone has farted in my soup.

I'd link to think that that's the case, but really idgaf what other people use. They can get spied on all they want for all I care.

Windows 7 simply works.

Hush, everyone will want one.

Until it simply doesn't. Then you're simply fucked and have to reinstall.

How is that different from any other OS?

Because Linux doesn't rework its internals without your permission, and if it gets fucked up it usually provides the level of info you need to figure out what happened and unfuck it.

That sounds great. Sign me up!

>if it gets fucked up it usually provides the level of info you need to figure out what happened and unfuck it

YMMV depending on distro.

Does Linux have VR? No? Not even non-vr games? Why would I stop using Windows? Are you poor?

Use whatever the hell works for you.

This. I don't see how people get so worked over what other people use. If you're fine with using windows and giving your information to Microsoft that's your business, it doesn't have any direct impact on me. As long as I can still use what I want to use I don't care.

>and giving your information to Microsoft
My Windows runs in isolated VM.

I wonder what people will say after games start coming to Linux regularly. Probably something like "m-muh non-browser MS Excel". The only reason I still have one PC with Windows in dualboot is because of games.

>I wonder what people will say after games start coming to Linux regularly
Tons of engineering software are still Windows-only.

trying to find reasons not to rn

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'll be on 8.1 till the support ends.

/thread.
There's more important things to mock people for:
youtube.com/watch?v=blPpnnSOiwk

You know while I was googling how to use the fucking terminal in Ubuntu today someone said the fact its a 20 year old design (linux terminal is fucking ridiculous to use) just goes to show that it will never go mainstream.

Based

Windows 10, just works

Terminal is actually pretty nice. I use it even if I don't have to. After you know the command you want to do it's faster than anything. Everything happens instantly even on a slow PC. It's so much better than CMD in Windows that even Microsoft gave up and installed Bash for people who want to use the command line.

You can even make things easier for you by creating alias commands for something difficult. After that you can just type your own command word and stuff happens.

Ahhaam.mm

>linux terminal is fucking ridiculous to use

How come?

Yeah. Look I have never used it enough to be familiar with it. I used mac os for 20 years and just moved to fucking windows LTSB. I tried linux in a VM and part of getting the window resized was just to change something and I couldnt do it. I was gonna install it on my new thinkpad but I just couldnt. I understand new things take time to learn but I dont have time to completely relearn an OS that doesnt appear to WANT to go mainstream (which is what it needs). I tried using it 5-6 years ago and it looked exactly the same. desu they really need to think about mainstream consumers and how to make things very very very easy to use and itll pick up and explode in popularity. until then, people are always gonna pick spybot shit left right and center before they go near something (doesnt matter if its secure or not) like linux

Because UP DOWN LEFT AND RIGHT doesnt do that, delete doesnt delete, spacebar doesnt space etc.

>want to install a new DE for loonix
>deletes video drivers
>can no longer boot into the OS
yeah haha, just works XD!

The keys for the command prompts in Linux do exactly the same as they keys for the command prompt in Windows. There should be nothing unusual about it.

Different distros and desktop environments have different amounts of helpful tools on the graphical UI side. I use and recommend Cinnamon which has tons of it. In Linux world you can do everything from the terminal but things usually have a graphical counterpart as well for usability reasons.

When you google some problem you might get a terminal command as the answer. That's because those commands are quite universal and it's easier for the helper to say "just run this" and the issue is fixed. No need to guide a 20 step "go in to the control panel, select the second icon" to do it, one command makes it happen. This of course can be dangerous to casual users, they shouldn't run commands they don't know. Of course they would fuck up the system by doing that graphical route as well, if they just blindly follow orders.

I dual boot with windows desu

You can configure all those things, but by default only up/down is different than any other application.

fuck off to reddit with your linux shit
everyone knows windows is more superior for developers and normal users as well
that's why bill gates is/was the richest person on earth

wtf

Fart

Attached: eat ass OP.png (1920x1080, 180K)

If you is made in last few years Windows is the only choice. Linux only stable on old hardware.

*your hardware is made

Nice "gay as fuck tabs" meme, dude.

>abp
>ghostery
disgusting

>I wonder what people will say after games start coming to Linux regularly.
They never will so long as DirectX is the "standard" and remains exclusive to Windows

The only alternative to Windows if you want to be able to use your computer for more things than shitposting on Sup Forums and watching anime is MacOS and I can't be bothered with setting up a Hackintosh.

Vulkan might change that - it supports even Windows 7. And Linux, and Android.

>Windows live messenger
What

Emphasis on might, it's been 2 years and there's only like 1 commercially sold game that uses it that got an official Linux port

That's why I wrote might, duh. Never underestimate how retarded gamedevs are.

Lol look at this faggot

Hahahahaha he’s actually retarded enough to use it hahahaha he thought we were serious

Oh.... you were serious? Yikes.

>Me at the zoo.mp4

>Muh geymsss

>wintoddler brainlet tries to leave his low-IQ safe space
OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
NEVER EVER

>making blue boards pink when the pink boards are an eyesore

Only poor people use Windows. Everyone else uses Mac OS

THIS. kumbayah and shit let’s all just get along! Come here give me a hug. Now give me a little kiss. Mwah. A little more. Mhmm. Yeah that’s it. Don’t ever get worked up over this ever again because I can’t have my little baby getting bothered. You poor baby bothered boys.

Fags

How did you even find this board lol

Most soyboys can't live without gayming, so they won't switch from Windows.

What puzzles me more why anyone would use Windows for work, especially developmers.

>What puzzles me more why anyone would use Windows for work, especially developmers.

That's why people should avoid distributions with dependency resolution. It happened to me once, so I switched to Slackware and now I enjoy 100% stability everyday, and if I want to uninstall one package, it will not force me to uninstall a ton of dependencies that will break other packages. Seriously, don't fall for the arch/debian/suse-memes, go for Slackware and you will never regret

>Falling for the OS meme