What's so special about it ? Is it any good ?

What's so special about it ? Is it any good ?

Attached: solus-circle.png (512x512, 32K)

its a perfectly fine distro for general desktop use. sane defaults, "good enough" package library, easy to install normie shit like disscord, spotify, steam, chrome

>but why bother when there's already ubuntu, mint, [some arch spinoff that doesn't work as well as you think it does], etc, etc, etc
yeah maybe, but i like it

Fuck off, Kevin.

It is
I'm still waiting for solus 4

>waiting for solus 4

this

It has KevinNet built in so if you like being spied on by a shill go ahead.

Fastest boot time as far as I know

who

Yeah, what's up with that Kevin thing ?

i need to be informed about this
replaced debian with solus - what have i done?

>rolling release distro
>waiting for [number]

Attached: confused-anime-girl-gif-4.gif (260x200, 62K)

It's endorsed by Kevin. That's all you need to know.

Who or what is Kevin ? Am I missing something ?

>can't install because efi partition isn't big enough

into the trash it goes

KEVIN is an underage faggot who browses reddit and attends a technical "academy" for children with autism or similar conditions. He would try to get internet girlfriends on r/teenagers and posted selfies of his stupid fucking fat face there all the time, and when he wasn't doing that, he was posting screen fetches of his solus distribution and asking Sup Forums why they hadn't installed it yet. I've been using solus since late 2015 and he's easily the worst thing to happen to Solus' reputation on this board, I wouldn't be surprised if Ikey had him killed off. From what I heard he got tired of cyberharassment in the Linux community or something so he holed up in his dumb fucking discord where he's a mod and switched to macOS.

sakura is so fucking hot

nothing, absolutely nothing. if you want to work as dev, maybe it's a good experience to get to know different system environments, but in real life this distro is beyond meaningless.

It's like mac os for people to cool (poor) for mac os

i like it. I don't do any heavy lifting on my machine anyway.
>inb4 kevin

I like Kevin, eh shills an OS and doesn't get paid.

It's not anything like macOS; pic related as evidence. eOS is what you're thinking of. Now fuck off, brainlet.

Attached: solus.jpg (670x464, 97K)

> saying it's mac OS for the poor because the DE doesn't feels like Windows
> doesn't even know what that mac OS thing is
> hope sounding snobish and cool on Sup Forums saying that

dock
dark menu bar
caters to the technophobe
looks like it to me man

It is very good. If you don't have to do anything requiring weird packages (which is possible, but can be annoying) I would recommend it.

Budgie doesn't have a dock, macOS has had a light theme for more of its lifespan than a dark one (not that a theme defines a DE anyway), and it does not cater to the technophobe; did you even look at the settings available in the notification menu? That's not even all of them. You've obviously never used Solus or Budgie, so you can also fuck off, brainlet.

>Budgie doesn't have a dock
sure, sure

Attached: Capture.png (511x73, 44K)

That's a taskbar, you dipshit.

looks and functions like a dock, so it's a dock

It doesn't look like a dock. The only similarity is that you can launch applications from it. The Apple dock doesn't include date & time and has no tray. The dock doesn't have a menu button on the left like most taskbars do, either. A dock is a kind of taskbar, but it is a simplified one. What you see here is a full taskbar not in the style that Apple uses.

You're either retarded or trolling, but at least you use a trip so now I know you're a fucking idiot from now on.

What if I told you the ``taskbar'' simply includes a dock as one element of the whole?

Attached: gentoo_not_even_once.jpg (480x600, 123K)

Then you'd be admitting that what is pictured above isn't a dock, you flaming retard.

What if I told you the taskbar predates the dock?

>the worst thing to happen to Solus' reputation on this board
and the best thing to happen to solus itself. his shitty posting turned off most of Sup Forums from using solus and swamping the official forums/chats/reddit with their ricer distro warrior bullshit

The part I showed is a dock, my man. Look at it closely and you can tell it operates as a dock does!

>a car is just like an airplane because they both have wheels

dock: holds icons to launch apps/progs
budgie dock: holds icons to launch apps/progs

dock: once app/prog is open, clicking again switches to the already open window (a taskbar launches a new instance, technophobe)
budgie dock: once app/prog is open, clicking again switches to the already open window

taskbar: window switcher and prog launcher separate, windows generally listed to the right of launchers. And before you bring Windows into this, it doesn't have a traditional taskbar any more - it has the superbar.

Get rekt filthy macnigger

You realize that you've argued yourself into a corner where Windows and macOS are also identical, right?

What if I told you you OCD and Autism is keeping you from a meaningful life.

Stop arguing over meaningless differences--they don't make you seem superior. They make you seem like an Anal-Retentive asshole that can't relate to anybody unless some pedantic language application is followed.

>user I really want you to legitimize my value judgment of your life

Your time would be spent more productively by killing yourself. I've never made a habit of valuing the opinions of idiots and I don't intend to start now.

Quick, simple, clean. Menus and settings are where you would expect them to be. Nothing is modified or updated without a reason, and the reasoning is often logical. Legacy shit that is no longer functioning or being worked on is not welcome in the repo. Flatpak and Snaps support. Steam just works.

Unstable branch is always rolling. Stable gets updates every Friday. The team is often working on a bundle of "core features" that they don't push to unstable. When the "core features" are ready they are often pushed with a number attached to the update.

Attached: 1292647410870.jpg (728x518, 212K)

I'm in his shitty Discord. He still shills Solus sometimes.

Attached: Capture.png (1291x737, 358K)

Why is normies using reaction images always so awful?

Attached: 1514416176968.jpg (656x488, 24K)