Okay so are there ANY downsides to buying THIS?

Okay so are there ANY downsides to buying THIS?

Intel Core i7-8700
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
32 GB (DIMM DDR4, 2666 MHz)
2000 GB SATA 7200 obr., 512 GB SSD PCIe

Attached: alienware-aurora-r7-right-side-angled.jpg (700x560, 68K)

You'll look like an idiot for owning it.

Oh, also (((Intel))).

price?
I paid 1400 for a similar setup (256gb ssd, 16gb ram)

Get two ssd,one for os and one for other requirement,mechanical drives doesnt cut it anymore
Might be worth it to wait out for the new cards,even if its going to be expensive as shit

I grabbed pre-owned for $700
but only 16g ram no hdd/ssd.

Yes, iMac Pro exists which has a decent monitor and doesn't look like shit.

Attached: blacked.jpg (980x620, 66K)

I have this computer. Nothing wrong with it.

Specwise it doesn't look horrible at first glance. I don't know the price though, and it's a locked cpu. Also what are the capabilities of the PSU, and would it be upgrade-able without having to swap it out?
It's hard to say without knowing certain aspects of it, but maybe the price of the gpu offsets any benefits of diy custom building a pc today.

People will assume it's a mini-fridge. Which is funny because Alienware machines can have issues with cooling.

Got mine only it came with the 1080 and 16gb of ram. Due to the shit prices buying pre built was a much better deal. Its been a great machine so far that can play anything at 1440p. Really wish i got the 1080ti but ill just grab a 2080 whenever it comes out. Cooling wise the computer does fine the gpu however is basically a debaged msi aero card. In my case it had a shit cooler that could barly handle the heat of the card under load. I dont know if their ti cooler is better. I had to swap my cooler out with a FE cooler and that dropes temps by 10c under load. Id say go for it op, the gou and ram alone will probably cost more if you bought then individually

>buys alymaooware prebuilt
>pretends he is gonna buy a gtx2080

Nice try poorfag

>Gaylienware
>Intlel
>Jewvidia
Yeah

Depends on how much it costs, but as others have mentioned, cooling will be suboptimal. Additionally, it's possible you won't be able to upgrade due to a proprietary motherboard, and most OEM's cheap out on PSU's which may shorten the lifespan of the computer.

(((intel))) and it looks like gamer garbage

>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
There's no way you paid similar price.

Building now expensive as prebuilt. Is it include with display? If yes worth it.

Can you afford it?
Do you want it?
Why are you asking for buying advice on Sup Forums of all places?
Do your own research you retarded nigger.

Half the ram, half the ssd size, “similar setup”. Sure kid.

>implying those are the important parts to compare

I highly doubt a machine with 1080ti is $1400 even prebuilt. They were $750 at their cheapest and that's already half the $1400 budget. Unless you chimp out on everything else and bottleneck the gpu then you're just an idiot. But building my system with 7700k still cost me around $2100. The cheapest if i cut corners would've been $1900.

yeah, I7 for a gaming PC, that's just wasting money. Especially paying for a non-k 8700.

you're better of with a i5 K series, if you insist on inlet.

Did you mean cheap out? Because that's not what chimp out means

CHIMP OUT OH MY FUCKING GOD THE STATE OF Sup Forums

Dude dont get an alienware, I used to have one and it was absolute shit. Locked CPU, bad internal design (shitty airflow fucked my gpu), shitty psw, etc. just make one your self for less money, and that way you dont choose a shitty case either

gtx 1080 ti have shitty VRAM micron , you will need to overclock that memory by a bit at least to keep up with the 1080ti's core power and it's memory is maybe so shit that you can't overclock it by much.
The 8700k is good if it's undervolted by a bit which makes the Boost Clock go higher and will make thermal throttling disappear.
32gb ram is a meme until you don't use it for some UE4 rendering shit workload.

yes, youre paying a premium price for not building it on your own

Gigabyte Geforce 1080ti 749,90
i7-8700k 449,49
Gigabyte z370 109
Ballistix Sport LT 16gb kit 170
be quiet dark rock cpu cooler 49,99
samsung ssd 250 gb 79,99
used corsair 1000w power supply 50
case from prior setup 0
1TB hdd from prior setup 0

sorry not 1400, it was 1658,46

At least 250$ for 16gb ddr4 and 250gb ssd.

>alienware

>used corsair 1000w psu
Enjoy frying up your parts

At the moment it isn't even this stupid since Alienware get's graphics cards still almost as cheap as they originally were. If you want a gayming machine it could b a good solution.

>worried about prizes
>buys the shittiest of prebuilts to save money
>says he wants to buy a 2080 when it comes out
yeah sure you do. Stop spending money on hardware Jamal and buy clothes and furniture

>Chimps trying to damage control

>ANY downsides
these
>Intel Core i7-8700
>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
are not amd.

>From prior setup
Even further proving my point.

Old psus don't fry parts, the cheap ones do.

>are not amd.
This is actually a selling point for those without brain damage.

Yes.
>(((intel)))
>nvidia
>HDD

Perfectly beefy computer. All depends on how ok you are with paying that kind of money.

brain damage confirmed

You having brain damage is irrelevant.

good one

>defending a shitty Jewish company which spreads fake news about AMD CPUs, makes it's CPUs vulnerable by design and on purpose, and includes backdoors in it's hardware
>defends a video card manufacturer which includes bloatware along with it's drivers and doesn't properly work outside of windows
>defends a fucking hard drive in 2018 when SSDs exist and is included in the product
Kill yourself, kid

>AMD is a shitty jewish company
>AMD spreads fake news, and targets online social media, and anonymous forums to do so
>Intel, and nvidia are quite honestly better than AMD at everything
>it has an ssd installed, and not everything needs to be on an ssd
You have brain damage, please do your family a favor and breathe automotive exhaust fumes until you pass out.

Too bad it throttles like a motherfucker though

I thought ayy lamos were seen as over priced now only poorfags buy them? Make up your mind Sup Forums

Yes, except that you get better parts if you build it. OEM systems almost always come with worse coolers and PSUs, and often cut corners on things like the hard disk.

What do you need 32gigs of RAM for, user?
12 or 16 should do just fine

You could get the 1070 version for only $1100

>Intel

>I know you are but what am i

Attached: 1-12.jpg (900x762, 264K)

Prebuilt computers have contracts with OEM supplies for parts, consumers get the leftovers, so buying prebuilt actually makes more sense now because it's legitimately cheaper

I have an Aurora R5 and haven't had any troubles with it, and the way the case is designed is bretty cool. The fans actually blow out the top of the rig and the PSU is on a cool swinging door thing

Attached: Screenshot (157).png (2560x1440, 2.58M)

what game?

final fantasy

Attached: unknown[1].png (65x101, 5K)

>intel
>nvidia
>stupid looking case
>harder to upgrade
Just because building your own is just as expensive now doesn't mean there is any real reason to buy an alienware.

can confirm.
a decent lower high end is like 1400 without gpu

it would be nice if there was something like puget systems that didn't charge out the ASS. Like, just use shit from newegg and amazon and charge an assembly fee + warranty.

Attached: Untitled.png (1157x740, 45K)

>mfw we are already so far into the future that the "totally different far out there bizarre" design is to copy a dehumidifier from 20 years ago.
pretty soon alienware is going to come in woodgrain.

Attached: whites-hanover-dehumidifiers-han706a-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 60K)

I can even tell from the thumbnail that's shoddily made.