Push me to finally switch to GNU/Loonix

Hey Sup Forums soo i have been considering switching to Loonix on my main machine (been running it on my laptop for a year now) and i still cant bring myself to do it

Give me reasons to finally do it (i dont care about privacy i just want muh performance)

Attached: HALP.png (1038x690, 65K)

No fuck you. Lazy ass nigger

linux is lighter than windows and lets you use whatever tool you want to complete the job, it enables you to go minimalist for maximum performance

i can assure you im as white as they get

from my experience it was lacking in performance in programs that are available both on linux and windows (might have been virtualization issue tho)

what kind of performance are you interested in?
linux allows you to tailor exactly what processes are running, and tuning them in optimal ways. that's why it's used for nearly all supercomputers.

btw, if you don't care about privacy... I don't really get that. anyone can be watching you at any time on your current system, record everything you do, and essentially read your mind. no way for you to know. you're simply someone else's tool.

Graphical performance (ie openGL performance for stuff like editing)

as if i have a choice between privacy oriented OS that has around 10% less performance compared to just windows then i would stick to windows

Unironically install Gentoo. If you want to squeeze every last bit of performance out of your system, compiling from source to optimize for your hardware is the way to go.
Also, you could start with dual-booting if you don't feel ready for a full switch to GNU/Linux just yet.

will do senpai

If you want performance, note that shell scripting is an incredibly powerful tool. Anything you might have to do by hand on Windows, you can automate on Unix so you never have to do it again.

im guessing i will be depending on bash for my scripting right ?

I like how autists get baited by these threads every single time into furiously praising the Gahnoo/Loonix

Checked. Linux and open source software has advanced to the point where it is now better than Microsoft and alot of other paid software. Use LibreOffice and Gimp.

Don't do it! You will not be able to play MUH GAMES!
You know you can't live without them.
>inb4 wine
Ignore the shills of this piece of shit, it barely works!

Attached: 1472925094298.jpg (1280x960, 81K)

taking measures to protect your privacy often leads to performance-boosting as well.

I know this is a joke, but DXVK is making good progress

D3D9 in Wine is been making "good progress" for decades and is no replacement for Windows yet.

it's a fun hobby

i play gayms like twice a month and all of them are native on linux

You ran linux in a vm and compared its performance with windows on native?
Do you compare two different food items by mixing one with mustard as well?

suicidal thoughts will clear up and programming will become very easy.

not really used it in VM and on bare metal (the performance was pretty much the same in both cases)

Only if you want. You can use bourne shell instead, like dash, or korn shell, like ksh93 or pdksh. I think bash is the worst of the popular shells, but even the worst on BSD or GNU/Linux is better than what you can do on Windows.

powershell 2 is pretty good tho

>Push me to finally switch to GNU/Loonix
No. Fuck off, we're full.