Just found this old phone in my attic. How do I go about restoring it so I can use it as my daily?

Just found this old phone in my attic. How do I go about restoring it so I can use it as my daily?

Attached: EA8DEA31-3A6A-4146-97D3-EC89F39611B7.jpg (4032x3024, 1.43M)

>use it as my daily?
I'm not sure that it'll work on any of the current carriers mobile networks.
Maybe you can get an amatuer radio license, and set up your own greenfield network with a sdr.

Give it back Jamal

I remember my dad's experience with his first analog cellphone. He used to get so angry with its poor sound quality and how it would frequently drop connection and he would bash it against the steering wheel in an angry fit. Thankfully, it was a thick plastic brick, so he never destroyed it that way.

I wouldn't recommend them, even if they may be immune to the botnet/NSA in some way

It depends what kind of phone it is. If it's a GSM phone, it should work, try it with a SIM card. If it's older, it probably won't work today. If it uses some burger standard, then I have no idea. Good luck finding a battery for it, though.

>He used to get so angry with its poor sound quality and how it would frequently drop connection and he would bash it against the steering wheel in an angry fit.
Lel. I rember when commercials used to suggest having less dropped calls as a reason to switch carriers.
>I wouldn't recommend them, even if they may be immune to the botnet/NSA in some way
I believe that they were more prone to eavesdropping at the time, and had a whole mess of interference.

>How do I go about restoring it so I can use it as my daily?
Hipster detected.

Let's hope it doesn't give you brain or ball cancer m8..

A hipster would actually hate this thing as he wouldn't be able to tell everybody on twitter he's using an old phone

Fair point, but he'd want to have it beep at him while he's drinking his deconstructed coffee and eating his poached egg and smashed avo on toast that the local coffee collective...

What is this? It's hideous

>Lel. I rember when commercials used to suggest having less dropped calls as a reason to switch carriers.
I should hope so, that was like 4 years ago

Grandpa here.

You have piece of history there, that's legendary OKI900.

It was shit to have back in the early 90's, mostly used for cloning but had ton of other capabilities and custom hacked firmwares.

Won't work anymore since it used AMPS network which is down for at least a decade, maybe more.

what do you actually know about anything technological?

why would you want to use that? its an outdated piece of garbage. you can get a cheap smartphone right now that does way more

I want to use it because I am a nostalgic autist. You sound so mundane you belong on a facebook comment section.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 12K)

>not using obsolete technology is mundane
kill yourself nigga

>>not using obsolete technology is mundane
Well, technically it is...

Stfu bitch nigga

not really bitch ass nigga kys i fuck you

>nicd battery

That battery is probably dead and doesn't get charged at all

I fuck your mother asshole bitch

fuck you nigga bitch dog fuck loose

Shut your dirty snout asshole of shit

fuck you nigga you weak looser i fuck you up bitch ass

Nice find, brother. It may not be worth your trouble. I suggest first using a search engine to access the difficulty of such a project. Discover the pros and cons by using something so dated. If you're able to reconcile the cons, then perhaps investing your time in this little project just may be worth it! Enjoy that find. I better not see you on Antiques Roadshow without prearranging my slice of the pie first!

Why am I not surprised to find pajeet level insults in a board about technology

Attached: 1519684304822.jpg (240x240, 10K)

I doubt it
If it supports 2g wireless then you're in luck because I think tracfone is the only company that still supports it.
Otherwise you're screwed.

thats a really really bad phone, its 2018, time to upgrade

>Buying anything technological in 2018
Would you like some fries with your planned obsolescence?

You have a mental illness