Let's settle this

In this thread we try to find the perfect secure messenger for us.
The winner will be shilled until everyone switched.
Don't forget to serve sauce.

Which messenger do you think should win and why?

Attached: 1520030627209.png (728x380, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wire-app.wire.com/android/prod/wire-3.8.412.apk
securemessagingapps.com/
eprint.iacr.org/2017/666.pdf
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gvzw5x/secure-messaging-app-wire-stores-everyone-youve-ever-contacted-in-plain-text
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wire. Fully open source, with open source servers. Unlike Signal it doesn't need a SIM card so you can register with email instead. This is a must if you care about security.

Use PGP if you really care about privacy

Wire. It always wins. The UI is also nicer than Signal.

Any idea why it isn't in f-droid?

How about Matrix-compatible ones?

just use telegram you shitters

there's a bounty that's 4 years old which nobody has been able to crack because it is impossible

Wire has an absolute shit desktop UI, though.

>relying on fdroid to deliver software
What's the point? There's less than a dozen people maintaining the fdroid server and managing software on it. You can't expect all FOSS to be available on it.

Riot.im

Fdroid matters because its a stamp of approval on open source. I think its not on fdroid because wire on android requires Google play services

ugh, i hate people like you.

I mean
He's right

Telegram
Best one
I'm not using it because it has furry stickers, I swear -some furry, somewhere, not in this thread, maybe

No it doesn't. I successfully used in on clean lineageos without GS.

I have a group chat with some people for a writing club I'm in, and since a few of us are on Android or iPhone, I was able to convince us to try Signal

Thus far, it's been a really good experience! I can recommend it to anyone here. Though i feel like it could use some more polished UI elements and maybe some more usable features.

>it's a stamp of approval
According to (you) and nobody else.
>requires Google play services
No, it doesn't. It has GSF dependency but so do many other fdroid apps. It will work fine without google services. You can also download the app from their site wire-app.wire.com/android/prod/wire-3.8.412.apk

Wire.
I just wish the desktop ui was a bit better and had a dark theme.

securemessagingapps.com/

unironically Telegram

I've made a bot to remind me of when my hard drives in my server is dead, and to always notify me if my server crashes, and I can safely turn my server off wherever I am

It's literally "da bes"

Great site. Needs some source links tho.

>Normies
Signal
>Sup Forumstards
>Matrix

Attached: lxFDD-4n.png (512x512, 24K)

I'm actually using Telegram because of furry stickers

>not using Tox

Attached: saatieverythingsfine.jpg (394x243, 74K)

What about the best SMS app?

>net communication
None, speak in code or dont speak at all.

>not being a pedophile

>not GPG
wtf

>Can messages be read by the company?
>Riot: Yes
>lit green as if it's a good thing
What did he mean by this?

I'm using it for the waifu stickers

Conversations

centralized bullshit

Not like I expected any better from neon_G

Autist

I just downloades wire. It is asking me for my phone number to create an account.

Attached: Screenshot_20180317-171958.png (1440x2960, 386K)

Attached: 1480458667351.jpg (1000x1014, 125K)

How does Sup Forums feel about riot.im?
-decentralised
-e2e encryption
-FOSS
If any of that is incorrect let me know

everything's pretty much the same when it comes to pairwise communication, but for group messaging someone really needs to put together an implementation/service based on ART: eprint.iacr.org/2017/666.pdf

beyond that, there's nothing that includes a PQ-hard DH in it; it's not going to be nice to broadcast enormous lattice pubs, or even worse code-based pubs to everyone within a group.

the sweet spot is probably an isogeny DH with a classical ECDLP problem on a base curve that's held inside the public key or something, but I have no idea how you can fit that into a tree structure when there's key re-use attacks on SIDH, there's two differing isogeny degree public keys you need to generate, and I have no idea what I'm talking about.

whatever I guess

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/gvzw5x/secure-messaging-app-wire-stores-everyone-youve-ever-contacted-in-plain-text

>In this thread we try to find the perfect botnet for us.

Telegram

No encryption by default.

GNU Ring

What are you talking about?
It uses end to end encryption which is impossible to disable

I'm with user here

Attached: Screenshot_20180317-204744.jpg (1440x2960, 410K)

Signal is an SMS app.