Why do calendar programs suck so much ass?

Why do calendar programs suck so much ass?
They're either an afterthought, tacked on to an email client, just show you the month and are therefore completely useless, or have way too many features that overwhelm you like korganize.
There's a reason normies just use sticky notes on their desktop these days..
The only decent calendar program I've seen is calcurse.

Attached: Screenshot at 2018-03-17 14-06-21.png (642x354, 7K)

Nigga who the fuck needs a calendar program
Or are such a brainlet that you can't remember things

>They're either an afterthought
>or have way too many features that overwhelm you

this describes literally every GUI ever

Full time doctoral student with a part time job and a full blown Sup Forums addiction.

>I never have anything to do, so no one needs a calendar program.

>i have no life or obligations so nobody else should

>org-mode with Orgzly for android support
This is perfect

Elaborate pls

I use Thunderbird as my email client. The calendar works well enough for me, I just wish it wasn't based on GTK.

Is calcurse free software?

Yes
Who the fuck writes proprietary ncurses programs?

Try it android calendar apps. Also explain what you actually want, is it more than the ability to mark dates and times with some label and see them in the calendar?

I do

>Android

Yea, Android. Obviously.

>can't remember things
Manage 200+ people and tell me that. Must be nice to be on welfare.

I miss IQTell it was my favourite personal organiser :(

Attached: image.png (950x576, 78K)

apt install california

That's not too bad, what program? Looks like it runs in a terminal/curses
Typical gnome garbage, looks like shit and functionality is barren

Routine + making a list every night before bed (using reminders collected over the day). Apps in inferior to paper for this as checking ones phone is too reflexive. I've studied this with numerous graduate students over the years. The most effective always have a pocket planner or notepad and a pen.

I thought the Gnome people already had a Calendar app?

Freetards are incapable of making or using anything productive

Windows isn't any better in this case.
Literally the only good GUI calendar app I've ever used is the macos one.

Made me laugh for some reason.

Anyway, at work I'm forced to use outlook and its built-in calendar because everyone in the office shares them, it's okay for what it's used for but I wouldn't use it as a personal calendar. For personal shit I've been getting by with my phone, which I suppose is Google calendar?

If you need full support with all time and date types complexity deteriorates really quick.

>someone brings up freetards
>GOTTA BRING UP WINDOWS I JUST HAVE TO
compensating for something?

absolutely god tier

Attached: ios5_mail_calendar2[1].jpg (1024x768, 139K)

i want niggers out of my Sup Forums

>that signal strength
>AT&T

Attached: 1495415102831.jpg (1024x1024, 79K)

For some reason I switched to pen and paper after two or even three years of electronic calendar.
Windows Phone calendar was the best IMO, but I liked Windows Phone in overall. Shame it died.
So, calendar. Later I used Google Calendar for Android (or whatever it comes by default). I tried to use Orgzly but I didn't like, don't know why. Maybe I tried to use it like a note-taker too, and it failed.

Try calcurse, it's basically an entry level Casio organizer

>calcurse doesn't recognize non-latin letters for keys
Fucking great.

ESLs pls leave

Who?
Also it seems to work in 4.3.0. My repos weren't fresh.

because you can get a million and one versions for free as part of something else or just buy a physical calendar at any random store bigger than a gas station
most people don't have a need for something more complicated than a list attached to a day and/or a repeating note or marker for given days, which is easy with built-in calendar and alarm programs and barely any harder with a physical calendar