/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: 1317381.png (900x2210, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/nbqiok.peace
youtube.com/watch?v=UrMjDXjK834
tactiontechnology.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/tech_deep_dive.pdf
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Realtime_kernel
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: A93CFE3A-EDFC-43F6-89AB-50976649D126.jpg (1343x1714, 601K)

How good are DT150s?

TH-X00 Ebony have treble that is way too hot. It's forcing me to listen at a lower volume than I would like to. Anyone else have a similar experience?
I have been told that it is a 3khz resonance that is a flaw of the fostex 50mm biodynamic drivers.

Attached: ebony.jpg (4032x2268, 1.53M)

>hear channel imbalance in my headphones
>adjust fader and get friend who also knows headphones to listen
>audible 1.3db difference
>recable doesn't help
RIP enjoying these headphones

Attached: image.jpg (750x1334, 360K)

What should I buy?

>BUDGET
100€ - flexible
>Location
Portugal
>Source
Computer and whatever phone I have at the moment
>Type of headphone
Portability would be very nice
>Open or closed
Bouth, but closed is prefered.
>Comfort level
On a good level, since I'll wear them everyday on my PC for long periods
>Past headphones
Been using Razer Electra for 8 years now. Help me!

Cavalli Tube Hybrid just showed up on massdrop out of the blue.

i listen to music super loud ama

it's leftovers from people switching their order to the carbon back when it was still going on. I bought the THX amp but I'm not buying the cavalli, it seems unimpressive to me.

Ah, that makes sense. I was reading through comments of the carbon, didn't seem like Massdrop was letting people do that.

Which one of these earphones are the best?
Etymotic er4sr, Audeze isine 10, or Westone w30?

Is there an audible difference between dacs? I think it's time to replace my mica origen

that being said I almost drunk bought it last night though heh

ER4SR are the best IEMs at any price.

are the LSR305s severely lacking in bass without a proper subwoofer?

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1512977360901.png (1280x720, 27K)

Yeah, I EQ'd the treble down on them by 10dB in various places. Still a wonderful headphone though.

>is X severely lacking in bass without a sub?
yes.

Where? I'm not good at eq. I can use peace gui but that's about it.

I almost drunk bought the THX amp, but I'm keeping myself from doing so until my headphones arrive.

the thx is something you should buy blacked out drunk so you don't remember you bought it because it's not gonna come for awhile

Nice HD600, the best headphones in the world. Also, I miss early 90's dithered graphics. They evoke a time when gals had full, thick, unshaven bushes. Playing that era's games makes me feel as if I'm back in that time where any gal's pantsu I could remove, I could place my face in a thick, wonderful, fragrant forest.

>They evoke a time when gals had full, thick, unshaven bushes.

Attached: barf.jpg (700x467, 28K)

>Spending three bills drunk
Ah yes, best time to do so.

I'm feeling nostalgic today, too.

Attached: 1511657152542.png (1870x1050, 91K)

Being silly on Sup Forums. Good times.

Attached: 1505686889681.png (1280x692, 13K)

my.mixtape.moe/nbqiok.peace

If you want a durable closed-back headphone for the price then I'd recommend the Sennheiser HD 471i. The open-back equivalent would be the HD 239.

If you're more focused on ultimate portability, the Sennheiser PX-100IIi is your best bet. They fold down super small. However, they're both on ear and open back, which may not be as appealing. The comfort is great once you flex the headband a little to make the clamp just right.

Attached: image.jpg (1000x1413, 263K)

what are the best headphones for these type of songs?

youtube.com/watch?v=UrMjDXjK834

taction kannon

how exactly they sound? treble and bass overall? i like treble aswell

people say they are neutral

cool.

They cost 500, well i guess i will pass that for now. Can people even buy it? i can't see it in amazon nor ebay

yeah plenty of people have it and reported it to be the bee's knees. just no one here because everyone here listens to weeb shit

Dumb degenerate

besides how do they work with that amplifier attached to it? will they be able to connect to anything?

well any other suggestions besides these headphones you could tell me about?

What's your budget?

sure, they can connect to anything like a normal headphone. it just has a built in amp to power the transducer
tactiontechnology.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/tech_deep_dive.pdf
>well any other suggestions besides these headphones you could tell me about?
th-x00 for $250

For me its the SHP9500S

Attached: 26-138-190-09.jpg (1280x960, 127K)

Holy fuck this pic is mixed feeling for me
leopold fc660c and logitech mice are fucking great
schiit and republic of gaymurs are literally kys tier
fostex and cat are meh af

srh840

msr7 for le gym?

I know everyone here likes muh amps and muh dacs etc.
But anyone try out bluedio headphones?
I tried out my friends bluetooth head phones and the idea of being able to walk around the house while listening to shit from my desktop is pretty great.
I currently use xaiomi piston 2's and KOSS ur-20s.

Attached: 1521126036219.png (1170x836, 598K)

For me, it's the HD600.
i3 ftw. If you have to use Linux, at least use the linux-rt kernel.
See: wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Realtime_kernel

Attached: 1514441267856.png (2000x2000, 117K)

You have asked that question for more than a week, unless we've suddenly seen an increase of gym rats who want a MSR7 which I highly doubt. You know what people are going to answer. You're either supremely stubborn or trolling.
Either way if you want that headphone so much go buy it. You'll regret it but at least you will stop asking.

2nd try, smaller version, more likely to fit onscreen.

Attached: 1504605901005.png (1000x1000, 36K)

Jesus christ of course you're a HD660 fag.
Please get a trip so I can filter you

Modified 9500s seem to sound significantly much better than stock.

100 up to 350

>it just has a built in amp to power the transducer
interesting. So they are not for traveling right? i guess i should check them for more further details. The bass doesn't overwhelm other frequencies?

These aren't HD660...

Attached: 1515552801369.png (1280x720, 1.18M)

The Trustiest of Fucks

>So they are not for traveling right?
they are for traveling. that's why it's built into the cable instead of a desktop unit
>The bass doesn't overwhelm other frequencies?
two adjustable knobs and apparently accoustically transparent

>two adjustable knobs and apparently accoustically transparent
I mean when they are fully cranked up

when they are fully cranked up they are the hardest hitting headphone in existence right now so... probably. I don't know.

Then i should buy them

Attached: 1520875413430.jpg (1200x900, 320K)

Because I haven't found a fucking better option.
Ok so I change the pads when they get ruined from sweat.
Its like 20 euros in 3-4 months for replacement pads.

Sachiko a cute. A cute!!

I'll probably buy them at the end of the month but stuff keeps popping up that I end up buying instead

Attached: 82a41e9de5e8547fc06e81342e56b69ce4bad5c5f63d3dccb69036a166db4dda.jpg (500x563, 170K)

the face of 4chin

Attached: sachiko the face.jpg (300x450, 56K)

All your negatives combined are only 2% as bad as owning any Apple product.

So adorable. I wanna poke her face.

you should buy them together with me so we could listen to some hard neurofunk and breakcore mate

That's a poorfag headphones.

That said, bluetooth has the issue of having terrible audio lag, making any kind of uncompensated video watching annoying.

Does Mr. Wu not care about his customers unless they spend $10k+? ...

Attached: sachiko the face2.jpg (300x450, 55K)

Why the fuck would you want pleather pads over your ears when you're working out? Working out with the equivalent of winter ear muffs that don't breathe.
Are your ears on a diet?
Get something with cheap replaceable sponges that breathe and aren't like wearing a torture device like the Koss porta/sporta pro or kcs75.

Then do it if you don't care about pads and stop asking.
Also the headband on the MSR7 is pleather too and can't be repaired to its original state unless you pay a decent amount and send it back. Most people end up doing something like stitching something around the headband and putting some foam or knit some yarn headband. That's okay for normal use of the headphone but you want a GYM headphone where you are going to sweat like crazy.
Also they're simply not very comfortable because they clamp hard and the earpads aren't big.

Do as you wish. Go, you, go. I don't even know why you seek the most audiophile possible option to listen to music while exercising anyway. Just get some decent on-ear or some cheap earbud.

too cheap i want something with better sound quality
stock velour pads are found in beyers and shure srh940
the former is hard to drive through a normal phone since 80 ohms and the latter has shit headband plastic that breaks
I dont like iems and changing from pleather stock pads to velour changes the sound for the worse (unless you got an example that this isnt the case)

>Also the headband on the MSR7 is pleather
god fucking dammit I didnt think of that
so basically even if I get velour pads the headband goes to shit
guess my only option is beyer custom studio since they got headband with buttons or something easy to replace and hope my phone can drive it

>I dont like iems and changing from pleather stock pads to velour changes the sound for the worse (unless you got an example that this isnt the case)
It very much is the case and for the MSR7 in particular that headphone is known by many people who tried, including I, various pad options, and realized unless it's built like stock, it's going to suck, period.
And you know, there's no point in shelling that much money on an headphone if you are going to mod it to sound worse so if you were going to change the msr7 earpads you might as well just go portapro.
The beyer is not hard to drive, and it isolates better. 80 ohm doesn't stop it from getting loud enough from a phone unless your phone is utter garbage. It's a bit bulky, though. And I really don't imagine exercising with an over-ear headphone in the first place.

velour will soak up all your sweat get irritating to wear and soaked.
The thought of wearing something with big velour pads for home use in the gym is just nonsensical to me. Them headphones I mentioned are great sounding and they would be ideal, or something along those lines, on ears, light, thin headband, not big overears.
Get your AT for home and a more suitable set for the gym.

Need something closed, warm with quality bass. Only have 200$

Momentum v2 or urbanite.

>Get your AT for home and a more suitable set for the gym.
I got other hobbies too mate i wanna get some topre keyboard after too poor for that much shit
and velour is easy to wash I understand it might soak
ill just get custom studio even if theyre bulky and heavy it will just help me take the neckpill

You want the AT's yes, add the koss onto your bill is 20 or something. Or wreck and impair your focus in the gym, your fancy new headphones and buy earpads more expensive than the happy go lucky extra gym set.
Big headphones getting rattled around might have breakage issues. You experiment with what you want. I like keyboards too but it's nearly the same money you're paying and you're also taking care of your good set.

seriously? some phone headphones would be the best choice given
?

A550Z

They only put the wires in the package to appeal to a bigger demographic, business choice.
They sound great, on ear version more than the over ear.
They have a strong build quality too.

This guy knows what he's talking about, just make sure they're v2 if you go for Momentum. v1 are disappointing in comparison.

Attached: image.jpg (572x768, 113K)

any better alternative to the e-mu teak?

emu steak :)

yeah I will unless something else pops up. +10dB above harman @ 20hz. and then you've got the tactile setting on top of that...

tfw your headphone has a grfbl setting
depends on what you are looking for

Depends where you live, and what you like.

>tfw your headphone has a grfbl setting
forgot pic related

Attached: kannon.png (1147x1100, 441K)

>depends on what you are looking for
closed, over-ear, mostly neutral with a punchy bass

oh. see

interesting, i'll check them out

Is this a bad idea for cheap headphones?

>For me, it's the finest headphones on the planet
Good taste.

>urbanite
>Where these cans fall a little flat is a treble response that starts rolling off at 2kHz and remains some 5-10dB too low through the bulk of upper octaves resulting in a veiled sound.
Yeah, there's warm, and then there's rolled off. Enjoy your shitcan.

oops

Attached: HTB13bzhosnI8KJjSspeq6AwIpXaf.jpg (900x802, 53K)

Hm, The sound smooth with tight bass response, yes maybe just knock up the high end a touch on the eq. He is after something along those lines. I got mine for a bargain price, I have other pairs for different usage, I think they're quality personally. They have a very welcoming sound that has clarity, I wouldn't call them veiled. Maybe you just like spikey treble stabbing your ears and curdling your milk.

I hate schiit buuuut
modi 2 has a flat frequency response and a noise floor of -90db on even a bad USB port, which is inaudible.
magni 3 has a flat frequency response and a respectable amount of power.
So what's wrong with the schiit stack again?

What exactly are you asking? Is using a bluetooth receiver a bad idea? If it fits whatever your needs are, no.

Isn't this stereo which is 2.1 though?

like would it sound bad and hiss etc?

I don't understand what you're trying to ask. Headphones are 2 channel, not 2.1, and of course it's stereo, there are two drivers.

jitter is high on the modi 2 due to some type of problem with their usb input. I wouldn't recommend it.

distortion on the magni 3 is high due to not enough open loop gain. But if you use high impedance headphones, it can get good enough performance.

I have no idea what it is and reverse searching only gives russian blogs. I can't say for certain. My Mpow receiver and transmitter (two separate devices) eliminated hiss I had while using a work laptop.

The jitter is at -90db and while it's not competitive with stuff like the topping d30 which is at -130db the jitter on either is effectively inaudible.