Owning a mechanical keyboard is just as, if not infinitely more, retarded as being an audiophile

Owning a mechanical keyboard is just as, if not infinitely more, retarded as being an audiophile.

Discuss.

Attached: audiophile-loves-music-thumb-800xauto-13166.jpg (800x766, 52K)

I think the mechanical keyboard craze is as dumb as the next guy, but it's not really on the same level as audiophiles unless you pair it with Dvorak/Colemak/Emacs footpedal autism.

Agree, but even that doesn't compare to being unemployed jellyfag.

It's much cheaper and no one loves typing. I have to do it for many hours a week so I may as well enjoy it.

agree. fell for mech key meme unfotunately. got overpriced headphones and tube amp for them too. around 1k wasted on all of it...

I spend probably around 80 hours a week on a computer. I sure as fuck want that to be as enjoyable as possible

Except mechanical keyboard costs like $100 while audioshit is 10-100 times more expensive.

If I'm typing away for hours and hours at a time at work or home, I want a good keyboard.
I have cherry blues, a typist's keyboard, suits me well.

I'm fine as long as the keyboard isn't shit though. I had an old membrane keyboard that worked fine for years, surprisingly good despite being cheap Packard Bell OEM.
But getting some nasty Microsoft keyboard provided at work, blech. I had to get my own.

>be an audiophile
>spend millions on sound equipment
>spend another million on GOLD PLATED PLATINUM MONSTER MAX BANDWIDTH cables
>spend another million on anti-interference magic crystals
>spend another million on music on various analog mediums
>sit down pretending it was all worth the investment

>be a mechanical keyboard user
>buy a nice mechanical keyboard for $100
>use it for 5+ years with no extra costs

>he thinks all mechanical keyboards are expensive

Attached: 1514993078257.png (800x729, 48K)

By default ? No.
If you own more than 3 boards, yes.

The giant quality gab between even a cheap board with good pcb keycaps, to your average membrane keyboard is huge.
It's different for headphones. You basically get passable ones with your smartphone.

Alan Moore writes with the most generic, normal keyboards ever.

Attached: AMMK 2.jpg (1200x630, 167K)

I think he's talking more about spending hours of your life researching and participating in discussions about something that can be done adequately by dollar store chinkshit.

If you are a professional photographer you are expected to have the most expensive gear available to you.

If you are developer you are (according to OP) expected to carry around a 12 dollar keyboard from Logitech because mechanical keyboards are a meme and retarded.

There's observable differences in the output of those cameras.

Here, I'll type something on my cheap and basic keyboard, and someone can type it on their expensive mechanical keyboard, and we'll compare results to see which produces the best output
>This is a test of keyboard output quality
Type that, and we'll let the results speak for themselves.

This is a test of keyboard output quality.

Wow, my text actually has the correct color.

You're not wrong, but in case of keyboards it's not about output quality, but input quality

Does your 50% meme keyboard not have greater/less than keys?

so you're saying there's no difference between sitting on a wooden stump and ergonomical chair for 8 hours a day?
i mean, you're sitting in both cases, so they're identical, right?

These. I don't regret my keyboard at all, very nice to type on, wasn't a terrible amount of money and I know it'll last me years. As opposed to some high end stereo system or headphones, I can't see myself getting much use out of those and the cost would've been bat shit insane.

Mechanical keyboards are less retarded than audiophile voodoo. Put a blindfolded /mkg/er in front of a keyboard and he'll be able to reliably tell you what switches he's typing on. Put a blindfolded audiophile in front of a speaker system and he won't ever be able to tell the difference between a thousand-dollar cable and 99-cent chinese hookup wire.

No, but my ESC key is red so it makes up for it.

Attached: cherry_redesc_01_th0x0.jpg (1000x625, 407K)

Ok answer me this membranefags.

If my keyboard had on-the-fly customizable press resistance and tactile feedback options wouldn't that be a far superior product?

Now if I bought a mechanical keyboard today with the options that exactly fit my needs, wouldn't that be a far better product in comparison to a 1-size-fits all solution that are membrane keyboards?

Attached: soyboy 4.jpg (2125x1573, 343K)

Ah crap, I better sell my keyboard then. I don't want to look like meme man.

>stop enjoying things I don't understand

Film is great.

only for moving images

yeah if you like blurry shitty pictures

Attached: imm022_23A.jpg (1536x1024, 1.03M)

>everything i don't agree with is soi

>Ergonomics is bad

you can make sharp images if you're not too autistic to use a camera correctly

>it's not really on the same level as audiophiles unless you pair it with Dvorak/Colemak/Emacs footpedal autism
Exactly.

Attached: 66082421_p13.jpg (1000x1172, 537K)

>Alan Moore
I have the same one heh.

>I have cherry blues, a typist's keyboard
kys

>be human person
>have an interest
>have fun enjoying said interest
>spend money on it because spending it on a thing another human person enjoys wouldn't make you as happy so why do it
>some fuckwit has a problem with it
?????????????????
Are you jealous of my money?

maybe if you buy a fucking ergonomic keyboard but most are not

>his interest is in rampant consumerism
What money? You just spend it all.

>Discuss
OP is a faggot, as usual.

>buy a keyboard
>rampant consumerism

At least you can tell the difference between a mechanical keyboard and a normal keyboard.

If you live in the first world, your entire life is most likely rampant consumerism.

A load of bull.

Attached: 1517308582958.png (1870x1050, 91K)

Honestly sounds like OP is just poor as fuck judging by his responses.

There's a point of diminishing returns.
An inexpensive mechanical keyboard for $50 and an inexpensive pair of headphones for $50 will blow cheap shit out of the water, but unless you're exceptionally discerning, there's not much more benefit to going for things five times the price.
80/20 principle.

>but unless you're exceptionally discerning
It's possible to do way better than $50 headphones. As in night and day difference, not "slightly better".
I'd suggest getting HD600 (not hd650!) as point of diminishing returns. Past that, money won't buy you that much more.

who /rubberdome/ or /dome/ here? I love my Dell KB216.

Attached: 100.jpg (900x421, 66K)

I don't see the problem at all with owning just one mechanical keyboard, if it makes your setup more comfortable. Same with owning one or two good pairs of headsets. The problem is when you start buying them for the sake of collecting them and/or showing them off.
I don't own a mech keyboard or good headphones though

Attached: 1_JF9wjKTLOuwBHgqYv6h7lA.png (1200x648, 1.39M)

It just werks.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (4096x2720, 994K)

Here Das Keyboard 4 ultimate + Sennheiser HD600.

> the most expensive and desired mechanical switches are designed to emulate rubber dome keys

I can type very well on my keyboard. I paid 80€ for it. I can easily afford this. I will not be buying another keyboard for years.
Now tell me how that's worse than investing > 1k into audiophile gear.
I have a ~400€ sound system and I very much enjoy listening to music on it. Could not imagine needing an upgrade.
Typing on a shitty keyboard however makes me want to cut my hands off. But you knew that (hopefully), so I guess this >you is on the house.

Even then I don't see the problem. Tons of people collect useless shit like old telephones and Nazi stamps, who gives a shit? If it makes them happy, so be it.

Went do people keep talking about snobby mech and mushy rubber dome, when scissors are clearly superior to both?

HD600s are nice, and as somebody who cares for it, I do appreciate the quality they add.
But they're honestly not -that- much nicer than $65 Sony MDR V6 or even $40 Samson SR850, both of which are easily night and day compared to the typical $10-15 generic headphone. Try listening to the earbuds included with your phone sometime, just to remember how bad they really are

Yes, a dirt cheap SHP9500S or HD558 will sound so much better than absolute garbage.
But HD600 is still quite the improvement on these, is what I meant to communicate.

Attached: 1510045126323.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

I spent 250 dollars on a keyboard with keycaps. I feel robbed.

It's an improvement, but you're well into diminishing returns by that point. I'd even go as far as to suggest the average person won't really notice or care.
Joe Schmoe will notice that his coffee from a pour over is better than it is from freeze-dried instant coffee, but unless he's really into it, will he appreciate the finer nuances of a French press? Probably not.

Spend a lot of time listening to music so I might as well make it enjoyable right? Between my headphones and dac/amp I have about $300 of equipment. Worth every penny to me.

I'd say anybody who likes music would.
At least, if they're Listening to music rather than Hearing music.
Obviously, the average riffraff doesn't know the difference, so you're unfortunately right.

What's the problem with collections?

Low quality bait OP

Can someone recommend me a good normal usb keyboard?

>wanting a click-clack keyboard is as bad as wanting your audio to sound as good as possible

Nothing is as retarded as being an audiophile.

fuck anyone who doesn't have fucking feels, if you really like music you want to listen to it decently, and with "decently" I mean through more than your realtek HD audio integrated audio card, or your earpods, or your 20$ speaker
sound engineering costs hundreds of thousands dollard to any big producer, and you can't escape with 50$

same applies for mechanical keyboards, it's good to use. period.

>Dvorak/Colemak
Dvorak/Colemak (well the equivalent in my language) is pretty great. Can't find keycap for it though.

What's your setup?

Fostex T50RP Mk3

Brainwavez Hybrid Pads (super nice would recommend)

SMSL M3 dac/amp

And a 10 foot cable so I can walk around my room.

Thinking about upgrading to a pair of HE-400i's seeing as they are $220 right now.

if that's the case, then these $52 (each) keycaps are beats by 50 cent

Attached: keycap_026_1200x.jpg (1200x800, 62K)

I literally do not understand the point of mechanical keyboards.
Why would you want insanely large amounts of travel for every single keystroke? All it does is make touch typing harder and slow you down a bit. Seems counter-productive; if you could just barely touch the key and have it register, wouldn't that be more efficient?

Chiclet keys win evertim

Difference is nobody replaces a lack of personality with a keyboard. Audiophiles do exactly that. They act smug for listening to music, which is something babies are capable of.

>nobody replaces a lack of personality with a keyboard.
Are you sure about that?

Damn that means you're as good as him!

i like how they sound but i'm definitely not going to spend more then 10 bucks on a keyboard

i own one for the longevity of them mostly more than anything else

i always ask myself if audiophiles actually enjoy music. they seem so obsessed over sound quality that the simple joy of listening to music is just gone. reminds me a bit of the retro gaming subculture where games suddenly become shit if you don't play them on original hardware with a true ’86 setup

>people spend $100 on keyboards

wtf

Attached: 1387991071550.png (640x683, 129K)

doesnt matter if its anime, model trains, speakers, keyboards, ufc, a game or anything else..when somebody gets too into something they come across as a bit weird to everyone else.
think nothing off it and move on

>people skimp on something they are touching for >8 hours day.

wtf

You don't have to press them all the way to register a keystroke.
Not bottoming out is a big part of the superior typing experience.

Keyboard enthusiast:
>I just spend $80 on this keyboard, it's great, it will last me >20 years and when it does wear down I will probably buy something similar again.

Audio-equipment wanker:
>I just spend $10k on this audio setup, it's kinda shitty though I'm already planning to upgrade to that $50k model and then I'm going to save up for my big $500k dream setup.

as with all autistic hobbies, they get beneficial toward the middle and drop off the more involved you get.

i have 2 pairs of budget open headphones, a budget amp to drive them, some basic B&W speakers, a basic amp for that and 1 basic mechanical keyboard.

i also don't use FLAC like a fucking retard

I guess it' what people prefer. I made the jump to a mechanical keyboard last year and will never go back to a normal one. The keys feel much more precise compared to the mushiness of a normal board.

I blew most of my first bonus ($1500) on audiophile shit and an ergodox to complement my older mkb.

still use all of it today. my audio shit is high end enough that i won't see a need to upgrade and i spend most of my life at a computer.

worth.

People can do what they want. I have a mechanical keyboard at work and at home, however, I just have the one for each. Not the 10+ people will buy for some unknown reason.

Sounds like OP is just poor and doesnt know what its like to own nice things.

More like

Keyboard enthusiast:
>I just spend $120+ on my keyboard plus $30 each for custom keycaps. It's great; I'll spam my setup everywhere on Sup Forums and all over reddit for >20 years and when it goes out of style I'll throw it out the window and move onto the next trendy fucking thing

I have rheumatoid arthritis, so some soft mechanical switches are actually easy for me

audio-equipment enthusiast
>I just spend $286 on this HD600. it's great, it will last me >20 years and when it does wear down I will probably just buy replacement parts.

audiophiles have equipment that makes a difference, mech keyboards are for being annoying.

pic related. its my concrete turntable. fucking killer sound

Attached: concrete_turntable.jpg (1024x767, 120K)

It's an extra 200-300 for dac and amp if you really want to enjoy them though. I think such a setup is worth it but audiophiles would probably ridicule it

HD600 do sound awesome with an amp, but they do sound good plugged to anything.
Fortunately, motherboards these days have headphone amps, further closing that gap.
The important part is the headphones... the external dac/amp is for that little extra that is best appreciated after getting used to the headphones without, by using them for months if not years.

Come at me bro

Attached: HYwElbP.jpg (2620x4656, 1.67M)

I haven't really ventured much into 'audiophile' but this makes me think I should because I type a lot (12+ hours) and I listen to music even more. Thanks for the heads up, OP.

You haven't been to /mkg/.

>that grease resonating from the keyboard
kimochi warui

I have the HD600 and they're good, but you fags need to spamming your choice supportive bias. Makes you guys look insecure. I get that you paying hundreds of dollars you need to justify that you made the right decision but a lot of this stuff is subjective and it comes off immature and annoying.

Go ahead and live somewhere in a cave while playing with sticks then.