What language to learn for general programming?

Sup Sup Forums, programming newfag, want to finally learn a language but have no idea which one. I want to learn one that I can use for most general stuff (ie phone and desktop apps, games, bots, whatever). No pajeet shit like java please.

Attached: kot.jpg (604x550, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

edx.org/course/how-code-simple-data-ubcx-htc1x
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

C++

Javascript

php

Unironically, /bread, since OP discarded Java.

>phone
java
>desktop apps
java
>games
c++ or c#
>bots
python
>whatever
kys

OCaml

Attached: caml-inria-fr.128x58.gif (128x58, 3K)

Learn C.
Write C.
Marry C.

Java or c++. Once you've got the basics learn javascript web shit

JavaScript.

Learn JavaScript, and you'll be able to create mobile applicatoins(react-native), desktop applications(electron), web applications(react, angular, vue, etc.), Virtual Reality applications(react-vr), and other IoT devices, such as bots.

Probably get a lot of hate for this from the fags here, but you can't go wrong with JavaScript. Also, your transition to full-stack will come much easier. Server code (node.js), database code(mongoDB, JavaScript, essentially), it's all JavaScript. You can't go wrong with it, especially if you're in a hurry. JavaScript is simply fucking amazing, and those that disagree are clearly autists afraid of their JavaScript overlord.

Nice bait retard

(You)

C++/java/go
you can do literally everything and contribute pretty much anywhere.

edx.org/course/how-code-simple-data-ubcx-htc1x

this

>Implying working in technology won't eventually turn you into a Pajeet anyways

Attached: 18trump-diwali.jpg (700x424, 57K)

Nice site faggot

Attached: Screenshot_20180318-022706.png (1080x1920, 350K)

This.

Learn C, you can go anywhere from here.

Haskell

C C C
C
C

Attached: o31PP92.jpg (2000x2610, 455K)

I love this

DAmn indian ivanka in the red dress on the right

Notice how all the js fags love the word "amazing"?

A lot of people say "amazing", especially passionate people. Care to point me to "all of the js fags" saying amazing?

Literally C++

C# is good for all that, just not phone apps
for quick and dirty CLI you could get away with python

JS has a lot of ugly warts from it's early life but ES7 has brought JS up to par with all the other languages with strong usability. Not going to say amazing, but it's a very good language to develop in now if you're fine with any dynamic language.