Whats a good audio interface i should get myself?

whats a good audio interface i should get myself?
i heard pic related is a good starting point but i think id want something more intermediate

Attached: cap.jpg (500x500, 40K)

ADI-2

What other gear do you have?
If you just need to power monitors or record mics that's really all you'll need.

this and a shure m57 will do? I heard some user awhile ago talk about getting a steinberg ur22, a little more price but better bang for buck or something.

>low budget
2i4
>medium
babyface

They are all unbelievably good considering how affordable they are. I think Behringer's are the sexiest.

Attached: download.png (543x519, 95K)

and worst in terms of brand, build quality and sound

>this guy
Fucking audiophiles. Best selling and incredibly affordable just pisses them right off.

I use the 2i4, which is great, but you'd be just fine with a 2i2 if you don't need the midi ports.

yeah I have a focusrite. They're okay but pretty limited. Good for beginners I guess.

schiit

not even memeing. works fine. great starter. holds value so you can resell well. you cant argue against this.

Attached: dgg.jpg (4048x3036, 2.12M)

I have pic related, works for what I use it for.

i reccomend the ur22 is nice and can be found used for like 80 bucks on ebay bought mine with a yahmaha hs5 bundle for 250

The one you posted is pretty good.

I had seen some decent ones for only around $20 but I can't find them anymore.
Really, just about any will be good because simply isolating them from the noise inside a PC case does a ton for sound quality. Just get one with the inputs you need.

No, he's right, behringer stuff is dollar store tier equiment. Buy something nicer so you don't have to replace it in 3 months like anything behringer.

Beringher can sometimes do something good but their built quality is always shit.

What do you want to do with it? The Focusrite is good, I don't like Behringer but most of their stuff is fine. There is some really good stuff out there but it may not be necessary for what you want to do.

Bought the solo, but realized I should've gone with 2i2 or 2i4 because I kinda wish the Solo had balanced output to monitors.

I'm also looking for something...considering focusrite 2i4-18i8, Steinberg u22-u44, or the Roland Rubix 22-44. It's hard to find videos comparing all of these, each one is slightly different, could probably be used for different applications. I just want to know who has the best pres with the cleanest gain..I really just want to spend the money on a 2pre Clarett, but Steinberg has a really cheap 4 pre right now. Has anyone tried the Roland Rubix? it seems to be fairly new and not a lot of reviews. Are the Ur-44 pres as good as the scarlets? the claretts?

cant connect an xlr mic into that

unless you are spending $1k-2k+ for something like rme/apogee/lynx the behringer will be fine.

I have the very same question.

Is there one capable of two channel recording with 48V and also guitar input. And at the same time have a good output enough to replace an ASUS STX to listen to music? Would also be great if it had an output impedance lower than 10 ohms.

I already own a 2i2 and the output is not bad, but it is lacking compared to an STX. I own an HD-600, plan to migrate to a planar headphone, but then I would also need an output with 1 ohms at least.

Unironically, Behringer UMC204/UMC404.
Compare for yourself the sound difference between the MIDAS preamp and the Scarlett preamp. Everyone who participated in some of the blind tests on audio forums always prefered the Behringers. Their DAC measures a lot better than the one of the Scarlett and Direct Input doesn't clip as fast.
More features, cheaper.

I've got Scarlett Solo 2nd gen, works like a charm, pretty retard-proof.
(selling it soon though btw, not because of quality but because I'm moving, short on cash and selling stuff I don't use anymore, keep an eye on Europe ebay yall, help a brutha out yo. say you're from Sup Forums and I'll send ya free extra balloons or smth. love you all)

RME have good interfaces but they're pricey.

The Scarletts are ok, but entry-level ones have only RCA imbalanced outputs. The Steinberg and Roland are also ok. A sound engineer friend recommended me Presonus. I don't think differences in quality are substantial at that price point. Just make sure you check which I/O it has.

What's your budget and what do you need it for?

SM57 is best used for instruments, there are better mics for voice.

You can buy the sound devices mix pre-3 for under $1k and it's amazing. No XLR out though.

See above Sound Devices Mix Pre-3. You need to add a DI box and run channel 3 as a line input for the guitar but for under 1k you have fantastic preamps, a fantastic headphone amp, and it can record without a computer if you want to take it somewhere. The only thing you give up is XLR outs.

>Sup Forums is NOTyour personal consumer review site.