GNOME and Fedora pretty comfy Sup Forums

So I just installed Fedora Workstation on my MacBook Pro (got frustrated with High Sierra) and I gotta tell ya, it's pretty comfy. I know GNOME gets alot of hate on here, and so does Fedora, but this shit's pretty nice tbqh. What extensions, etc... should I be looking at? So far just downloaded tweak tool and enabled global dark theme.

Attached: serveimage.png (1280x1024, 774K)

>What extensions, etc... should I be looking at?
KDE

Tried it first. If I ever want to use something that looks nice and half works, that's at the top of my list.

Hi, upgrade to awesome window manager

Attached: fedora.png (3840x2160, 1.48M)

No thanks tripfag. I'm mouse driven, and have less than zero interest in a keyboard driven, tiling WM. Also, I have PLENTY of system resources and don't mind using them.

Hi, there's no reason you can't use a tiling window manager with a mouse! Also I'd like to point out that no MacBook Pro has "plenty" of resources (I looked into them before buying my laptop and none could match the power of the Alienware I ended up getting)

No modern computer is taxed by its DE any more, and saving resources was never a goal of awesome wm.

2012 (pre-throttling) with 16GB ram, I mean plenty in the way of running modern OS's.

I didn't know you could use tiling WM's with a mouse. I'll have to check that out, thanks.

If you like, you can even add titlebars and use them in floating mode exclusively (old pic from my GNU/kFreeBSD rig days)

I have 32 GiB and am currently using 26 of it while using awesome wm.

Attached: kfreebsd talltop.png (1280x1760, 122K)

That looks pretty comfy. Is there a guide you recommend mate?

Sorry lad, spoonfeeding is for GNOMErs/Macfags.

I believe that was based on anrxc's configs with some modifications to make it my own.

Ah well. Off to read then. Thanks again for the info.

you are the gayest fucking reddit-tier tripfag on Sup Forums

Enjoy, if you actually are the type of person that belongs in Sup Forums you'll have a lot of fun learning. Best thing is if you hate it you can just choose GNOME again.

Most anons end up sort of putting together their own DE with the parts they like best

I'm not gay.

Attached: awesome dock experiment 2.png (1280x800, 2.02M)

Why you use this isntead of i3wm or dwm?

Just your personal reasons, I want to switch to a tiling window manager because I think they look cool but I haven't decided yet, are they hard to set up? are they easy to mess up?

I'm on Manjaro on a side note, don't want to switch to a debian based distro but I don't think this should matter.

I use it because it's highly configurable and easy to rice and I'm familiar with it. Used it since like 2007 so it's just habit.
I think i3 is considered the gateway drug of tiling wms, and is easy to configure but not as easily extended as awesome. Adding features to awesome is very easy and lua is a pretty intuitive language if you're a ricer you can pick it up.
dwm I never liked much, but it's just a personal thing. Out of the box there's not a lot of mouse support in it and like OP I prefer to do most of my window management with a mouse + a modifier key.
If you just want to try one out because they look cool you would do well to start with i3 I think. Lots of guides for it on all the ricing forums

>I'm not gay.
that's exactly what a humongous faggot would say

komfy

Attached: Screenshot_20180317_204015.png (1920x1080, 1.97M)

I'll start with that then, last time I tried messing with wm I think I fucked up something on one of those X user folder files and was unable to get anything to start by itself with the system, only getting a command line and I had to type some command to get the system to start, but all of my stuff wasn't there anymore.

Hopefully I'll learn more and understand what I did wrong then this time, my biggest problem is that all the configuration has to do with bash scripting and I understand nothing of that.

Do you have any tips on good terminal emulators? I think I use the default xfce-terminal but I'm not sure if it's as customizable. I have the same problem with configuration but I think I'm moving towards improvement.

Can I use a tiling window manager on a tablet with a touch screen?

Congratulations, you picked the best Linux DE, the standard Linux DE.

Where did her ass go

Is a seudo realistic waifu you fucking 2D retard...

1. open Files
2. open a folder with a lot of pictures
3. does it take a looong time for it to cache them and show their thumbnails?
4. go back
5. open same folder again
6. are the thumbnails shown immediately or does it repeat 3. and are the pictures moving / changing place while the folder is loading?

bump

It's always interesting to see what WM/DE people use

Attached: Screen.png (1920x1080, 158K)

>comfy
That's a bad thing.

sauce on wallpaper

this

How do you get that window (the @jaydon-pc:~) ?

Attached: im new.jpg (1000x800, 61K)

never mind, i'm just retarded

>fedora
>gnome
Double-shitted choice

post the wallpaper

fedora is literally the best distro, what would you place above it

No.

fucking faggot burn in hell

There is no way you’re the real Jordan

xfce
>2009
I heard it was abandoned ages ago by Debian, is there no way to display the correct time? old screenshot?
anyway ty mister skeltal
>I'm not gay
as expected of a homosexual

Here you go user

Attached: tetons-at-night.png (2880x1800, 133K)

Impostor detected

awesome is pretty terrible. bspwm is significantly better

>knife ears
do you really have to ask?
awesome is terrible, but isn't herbstluft supposed to be the lightest?