Which one?

I fucking hate Whatsapp, it's just cancerous.
Telegram seems a lot better.

Attached: wt.jpg (612x410, 15K)

Telegram.

Attached: L1.jpg (1600x1600, 477K)

>Should I use X or Y
>Btw I hate X and prefer Y
What's the fucking point of this thread then? Even If we say WhatsApp then you won't use it anyway.
sage

Never asked which should I use. I thought it would be obvious that I asked which one is better.

SMS

Attached: fufufififu.png (300x168, 3K)

Signal is the real answer here. WhatsApp is probably OK, I'm using it over Messenger rn and loving it.

you probably doesn't have a choice, nowdays even business are using Whatsapp.

whatsapp = pajeetchat
line = japchat
wechat = chinkchat

without pc client without me

This one.

Attached: 123455689.png (500x500, 125K)

kek

>europoors actually use third party messengers because they can't afford sms

lmao senpai

>mutts have to tip at birth

iMessage is way better than whatsappBotnet

It is and luckily other people actually use it in the US unlike Whatsapp. Given that this requires zero extra software on iOS it's the platform of choice

Telegram doesn't enable encryption by default and the strength of said encryption is dubious at best.

WhatsApp does use encrypt by default and seems to be reasonably secure, such that it's very unlikely that anyone would defeat it. Only risk really is if WhatsApp itself is doing something dodgy within the app at either end.

Discord is crap because it doesn't use encryption at all.

How is it cancerous?

>I fucking hate Whatsapp, it's just cancerous.
>Telegram seems a lot better.
Damn son, pls use matrix, xmpp, briar or wickr. Otherwise, I'll have to beat you into another race.

Wire > Signal > Riot.im > not communicating with anyone > anything else

Unless you're the alpha male that will guide your group's decisions, it doesn't matter. You'll have no choice but to use what the others use.

>whats Brett guys, this nsa backdoored centralised service or this other kgb version that is just as centralised and does essentially the same shit?
Use xmpp faggot

need some sources there

whatsapp is terrible as anyone that backs up their chats puts it in plaintext.

telegram is encrypted by default, they have another option for single device end to end which most people dont select

t. no friends

Signal

>telegram is encrypted by default
No, telegram is 100% unencrypted by default. Your data ist stored in plaintext on their servers for anyone interested to see. Their crypto, if you were to enable it, is homebrew, doesn't support multi-user chats and probably backdoored by kgb anyways

Since every single person is using whatsapp here, I can't get rid of it goddammit.

Pic related

Kys

Attached: Comparison of IMs.png (827x560, 104K)

Telegram is dead long back. WhatsApp is way ahead of everything

Might as well use Facebook messenger at that point

SMS is free I don't see the point to any of this horseshit.

Wire>Signal>Telegram>the chink ones>skype>whatsapp and facebook>irc

Attached: wirelogo.png (300x300, 7K)

Encrypted client-side != unencrypted
Stop spreading FUD.

lol who uses iOS other than normies, get out of here

> Why weren't you at the meeting today?
> There was a meeting? I didn't receive an email.
> We announced it in the WhatsApp group

Why

Makes no difference, if you were to send sensitive data you didn't want to possible fall in the wrong hands or be seen by someone other than you or the recipient you wouldn't use either, or any instant messaging app.

Just stick to whatever normie shit your friends and acquaintances use so you don't look like a fucking weirdo, also ISIS used Telegram in the past, so that tells you something.

Not him, but fuck off m8. Telegram is NOT encrypted by default, they don't even claim it is.
You can opt-in to encryption for 1on1 chats, but many cryptography experts have criticized it, saying it's probably a bad implementation.
Whatsapp does have encryption by default for pretty much everything (1on1 and group chats) and it's the same encryption that is used for Signal, so it should be pretty good. Well, that's what they claim, we can't know for sure because it's not open source.

But all 3 of these require a phone number anyway, so I wouldn't really recommend them.

This. XMPP with omemo is the way to go for messaging

telegram.org/faq
core.telegram.org/techfaq

>Q: So how do you encrypt data?
>We support two layers of secure encryption.Server-client encryptionis used in Cloud Chats (private and group chats), Secret Chats use an additional layer ofclient-client encryption. All data, regardless of type, is encrypted in the same way — be it text, media or files. Our encryption is based on 256-bit symmetric AES encryption, 2048-bit RSA encryption, and Diffie–Hellman secure key exchange. You can find more info in theAdvanced FAQ.

>Q: Do you process data requests?
>Secret chatsuse end-to-end encryption, thanks to which we don't have any data to disclose. To protect the data that is not covered by end-to-end encryption, Telegram uses a distributed infrastructure. Cloud chat data is stored in multiple data centers around the globe that are controlled by different legal entities spread across different jurisdictions. The relevant decryption keys are split into parts and are never kept in the same place as the data they protect. As a result, several court orders from different jurisdictions are required to force us to give up any data. Thanks to this structure, we can ensure that no single government or block of like-minded countries can intrude on people's privacy and freedom of expression. Telegram can be forced to give up data only if an issue is grave and universal enough to pass the scrutiny of several different legal systems around the world. To this day, we have disclosed 0 bytes of user data to third parties, including governments.

>Q: How does server-client encryption work in MTProto?
> Server-client encryption is used in Telegram cloud chats. Here's a brief overview of the setup:
>Each plaintext message to be encrypted in MTProto always contains the following data to be checked upon decryption in order to make the system robust against known problems with the components:
>server salt (64-Bit)
>session id
>message sequence number
>message length
>time

Attached: c2310d6ede1a5e220f.jpg (780x748, 80K)

Nobody gives a shit about "server-client" encryption, retard.
The only one that matters is end-to-end encryption.

Server client means a mitm can fuck your shit up right?

It means anyone with access to their servers, including the telegram team and every secret service ever, has access to everything. Distributed servers with end to end encryption are the way to go and if you deny it you're either a paid shrill or a "b-but muh peer pressure" tier normalfag

viber = slavchat

Looking at the permissions, Singal is biggest shit. Wire seems OK, but nobody is using it. Telegram is best.

Attached: messen.jpg (897x1048, 512K)

>conversations missing

discord = soychat

Attached: 1484721454277.jpg (800x580, 135K)

>discord is the only system with a desktop client
Yeah no

>comparing a gayming messaging service to sms replacements.

Attached: 1450586946230.jpg (2560x1600, 465K)

I'm old. Don't know what any of this shit is and don't care to find out

I just wanted to point out that there are, indeed, protocols that have desktop clients which are not retarded gaymer shit

All my friends started using LINE and we're American. Its pretty nice.

Pretty much every country in Europe has unlimited SMSs, people don't use them anymore because they are dated and Internet is widely available and cheap.

Use what your friends use.

lmao do americans still send text messages? I bet you still have to swipe credit cards. oh wait

Use that your employer requires.

VKontakte

Attached: original-800x520.jpg (800x520, 25K)

Idk if anyone else told you, but you are a cuck.

I wish I could only use Telegram but many people just use WhatsApp

No one get money from talking with "friends", Sup Forumstard.

Fuck off, Boris.

Come, maybe he is just west pedo.

I do use both, actually.

yeah but nobody fucking uses Telegram, so its entire purpose is defeated

same with the alternatives to Discord

Signal or Wire fuck you.

All my family is on WhatsApp.....so I use Telegram.

Does WhatsApp even have a desktop app yet?

America is 30 years behind on Europe.

Our mobile internet is faster, cheaper and has higher data limits than their landlines.

European here, I haven't had a data cap at any point. When 3G was still new I had it based on consumption but it's been a fixed amount for unlimited data for years now. I use 4G. Naturally my home fiber isn't data capped either. The price only comes from how fast I want it.

LINE is for unironic weebs or people with actual Japanese friends

>using an insecure, featureless, backdoored and outdated method of communication
How stupid are you?

Even the inventor of SMS (A Dutch guy, btw) thinks it's stupid to use it.
It was never meant for mass communications, it was meant for emergencies.

>higher data limits than their landlines.
ive never had a data limit on any connection in my faggy life thank you very much
*un-tips dick*

yea and internet wasnt meant for tentacle hentai and gay harry potter fanfic but we make due

good tastes

Reddit live chat

Not only Japanese, LINE dominates non-censored Asian countries.

WhatsApp isn't bad, it's just that Telegram is way better. I'm getting my friends to switch to it.

I just wish you could archive chats.

Riot.im

Telegram is full of fur fags! I deleted that shit from my phone because furries wouldn't stop messaging me!

>using sms in current year

What's the difference?

Telegram

I want to get my friends to use Telegram or XMPP but I know I'll sound like an entitled douchebag.

Thanks for the heads up CIA-kun

which one do you reccomend that works on phone, desktop, isn't a privacy mess?

Viber.

Well, telegram is P2P so its better.

WhatsApp to get casual bitches flirting, Telegram for everything else.

xmpp is the obvious answer

What the fuck no it's not you fucking shill

The absolute state of reading comprehension on Sup Forums

You should be using Surespot

Attached: KlXUpIqOrUXanAcgMFFeZJfZVXCpWCxoNKRTdD1C2wdmuFAOhed6PYtelzf9zh8zLzw=w300.png (300x300, 24K)

Good luck trying to get your normie friends to use it

>telegram is good
Kill yourselves if you're shilling, otherwise see Telegram is the worst messenger for privacy. WhatsApp is basically a Facebook-owned Signal, so Signal is superior to it and should be used instead. The best cross-platform option is Wire. The best mobile-only option is Signal.

imessage
only morons doesnt use it
it integrated really well with the message app and you get to send funny emoji stuff

>choosing a 3rd party app that you have to tap to open to be able to send messages

Well now a ton of Marines are using it.

Been using Telegram for over 2 years. Best messaging app. My Jewish girlfriend who has an iPhone prefers it over over iMessege. We met on Telegram as well. Been together for over a year. Lots of comfy political and tech groups as well like t.me/ThinkPadGeneral. Call quality is a bit lacking but it has gotten better. 4.7/5

Attached: Capture.jpg (1920x1050, 192K)

You can't host your own signal or wire server, so the nsa can still harvest your metadata which is extremely valuable even without message contents. Use xmpp (or matrix, for all I care) and stop recommending people to walled garden systems
Fuck off shill

You can host your own Wire server. You just need to modify and compile the source of the server, and share modified clients which would connect to it. Just because it's not point and click doesn't mean it's not possible. Same should apply to Signal. The protocol and the source codes are available for both Wire and Signal.
>matrix
It's experimental and unsafe still.

The point is that people that would connect to your server couldn't natively talk to people on other servers. The xmpp protocol is like email, you can use any server you want and message people on any other server. You also don't have to hack together your own server, because there's plenty of choices with different sets of features and setup difficulties

I'm not a shill, just a genuine recommendation with testimony.

Attached: IMG_20180317_130016.jpg (1837x2952, 1.54M)