/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: c8decc60ab3446fdd7b7c30f1554975b.jpg (1000x1276, 267K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tom-morrow-land.com/tests/ampchall/rcrules.htm.
ebay.com/itm/263538874529?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l6027&_trkparms=gh1g=I263538874529.N35.S1
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/43f2l7/hd600_very_boring/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3iqlwh/hd_600_sounds_incredibly_boring/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/2znywb/hd600_didnt_sound_as_good_as_i_expected/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/2s5e9d/athm50_sounds_better_to_me_than_sennheiser_hd600/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3pekri/so_i_just_tried_on_a_pair_of_hd600s_for_the_first/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7e1bj8/i_had_a_few_nonaudiophile_friends_compare_the/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/5k7mr8/do_i_just_not_like_headphones/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what is the second best headphone behind the ma900?

HD600 since your listing starts from worst.

>Unable to read
Typical Sennschiit

i want to fug migu

Which are poorly sealed MA900s, btw

hd600 but other way around

reminder that hd600 are severely flawed and overpriced headphones with a dated driver design older than most of the people that own them

Attached: dre.jpg (2301x3382, 1.06M)

Audio professional Richard Clark (note: this is a different Clark), originally a believer that different amplifiers sound different, set up a $10,000 challenge: anyone who, by listening only, can identify which of two amplifiers is which, under rules he has established, will receive the prize. The rules can be found at tom-morrow-land.com/tests/ampchall/rcrules.htm. They primarily include minimum-quality levels for participating amplifiers, level matching, and so forth, all of which are essential to the validity of any comparative test.

In the years since the challenge was first offered, most large groups have obtained accuracy of 49–51%, which are essentially the results one would expect to occur by chance. Smaller groups have never gotten more than 60% correct. In any statistical sampling, small test groups are more likely to deviate from chance results. As the test population is increased, test results converge toward a specific value. For a random process, a larger test population is likely to converge toward chance results. The fact that Clark found more nearly chance results when measuring larger groups is itself a strong indicator the test subjects’ responses were random, not ordered as would be the case if there were perceptible differences between the amplifiers being tested. These are averaged scores for the groups. No individual has ever reached 65% correct. These results do not permit us to say no person can ever hear differences between two good amplifiers, but they do strongly indicate that any such differences must not be very robust.

Attached: 32432324432.gif (250x444, 3.72M)

t. Andre Romelle

Better bass quality (not quantity) doesn't make you a stereotypical black man :^)

>tfw you get used to a shitty youtube version of a song and the high-quality one doesn't sound right

Thinking that bass is more important than overall balance of tonality, however, does.

>implying that good bass means beats tier tonality
>what is biodynamic drivers

>He doesn't think that proper, flat or boosted bass is part of good tonality
Laugh at this man

Attached: 1293115295288.jpg (1280x720, 126K)

I will only consider your statement after you have put that on a note and taken a picture of it right beside your HD 600s ;;)

>implying bass below 100hz affects tonality

$150 Sony NW-A25
$205 Sony NW-A35
$225 Sony NW-A45

Are any of these worth buying? My coupon expires in a day.

Wow, it's a 100hz now?

this is what sennshills actually believe lmao

By the way, to prove that all of you "HD 600 has slam, I swear" faggots wrong, I'm ordering a JDS Labs The Element. Thanks for the excuse to upgrade my setup AND be spiteful at the same time!

this worth the price?
ebay.com/itm/263538874529?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l6027&_trkparms=gh1g=I263538874529.N35.S1

sup Sup Forums my e10k arrived today, but the micro usb cable is too short, im afraid to buy another cable and it not work, will any micro usb cable work? i was going to get one off ebay that was longer.

Attached: Screenshot 2018-03-18 at 1.44.10 AM.png (814x498, 184K)

element is overpriced, you can get a used jotunheim with dac module for that much almost

>Will any micro usb work
For the most part, yes. You can also get a USB extender if you want. I used to use that, until I plugged it into my monitor.

>Schiit over JDS

Attached: disgust.jpg (734x523, 175K)

Should be fine. Maybe get one with the ferrite thing on it if you're paranoid.

1. Fuck you, I'm paying for the aesthetic and specs
2. Fuck you, I'm getting B-stock to save some dosh anyway
3. Fuck you, I'm not paying for Schiit

Attached: 1421220883621.gif (200x150, 893K)

>every newbie who gets shilled into hd600 should read these first before doing it
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/43f2l7/hd600_very_boring/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3iqlwh/hd_600_sounds_incredibly_boring/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/2znywb/hd600_didnt_sound_as_good_as_i_expected/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/2s5e9d/athm50_sounds_better_to_me_than_sennheiser_hd600/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/3pekri/so_i_just_tried_on_a_pair_of_hd600s_for_the_first/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7e1bj8/i_had_a_few_nonaudiophile_friends_compare_the/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/5k7mr8/do_i_just_not_like_headphones/
> Do I Just Not Like Headphones...
>Some background: I currently have a set of B&W 685 s2 bookshelf speakers, a really old velodyne 10" sub and a cambridge CXA80 amp.
>Alongside them I have a Schiit Modi 2 Uber, Magni 2 Uber and Vali 2 and the Sennheiser HD600. The recommended starter headphone kit.
>I just don't like the sound at all. I've had this setup for the entire year now, added the Vali 2 to try to make the HD600 sing more and still nothing. My speakers are perfect to my ears, they bring enjoyment and fun to my music, the HD600's bring maybe a tiny bit more detail along with a lot more boring.

So what would you recommend instead?

>audibly transparent memes
don't bring scott steiner into your objectivist cuckery

>Haha I'm saying sschiit! memes

I like this pasta

This. Ignore our resident samefagging anti-Sennheiser autist.

Attached: hd600frequencyresponse.png (630x489, 30K)

post the raw

goldenears has a nonsensical compensation formula, stop posting this garbage

>goldenears has a nonsensical compensation formula

Attached: wrong.gif (480x287, 1.21M)

>Calling out samefaggery
Ironic. Stop with the GE snowflake compensation curves and start posting raw

Attached: C8A9FA91-5C30-4F18-9070-49129FD484F6.jpg (2772x3698, 2.08M)

BIG POPPA PUMP GOES WHEREVER HE WANTS, BUYS WHATEVER HE WANTS, AND GETS ALL OF THE GIRLS BECAUSE NOTHING STOPS A GENETIC FREAK. HOLLAR IF YOU HEAR ME!

Attached: BIG BAD BOOTY DADDY.jpg (600x366, 34K)

>Wrong
Incorrect

holy shit that is a good measurement
i am going to order these right now

how about you fill OP form
I don't recommend a one size fit all taste and needs.

>No headphones user has no headphones
Colour me surprised :^^^^)

HD600 is one size fit all taste and needs :)

this

Not this.

I guess you listen to the hd600 while going on flights

Hey, i'd like something with a bit more "slam"

AND WELCOME TO THE JAM

>every fucking thread

Attached: hpg.png (642x1083, 41K)

Nice try, Goldstein. No shill monopoly for you

It's the gift that keeps on shilling!

Asking again, good durable buds? Are removable cables good? USA and budget ~200

>good
>earbuds

Sony's (normal people priced) DAPs are good for the money, assuming that the specs fulfill your needs.

Fill out the form in the OP please, otherwise I prescribe you Echobox Finder X1. Durable as fuck, they've been my go-to pair for workouts and outdoor work (snow shoveling, raking leaves, mowing, etc) for like 3 years now, and they've never missed a beat.

Just get HD600.
For every 10k person who like it, there's bound to be one who finds them "boring".

I have a pair of B&O H6s and now that I use them with my amp at home I realize that I want better headphones for home use.

What should I get?

Fill op form.

>HD600
Best headphones in the world.

>For every 10k person who like it, there's bound to be one
Great optimism.

Budget: 1000 USD
Source: Computer, phone, maybe consoles
Type of headphone: Over ears
Open or closed: Closed
Comfort level: Doesn't really matter
Sound signature: I'd like something mid-centric with some sparkle in the treble, but nothing too ear rape-y.
Past headphones: HD600 - a bit boring and lifeless sounding.
Q701, thin sounding and the treble gets into ear rape territory often.
HE-560 - I enjoy the punchiness of the bass. The treble is just about right, enough to give life to the music without being too ear rape-y.

What makes them the best?

Meme power. They are unrivaled!

Best balance of bass, mids and treble. The best evidence of this is when plebeians call them "boring" because nothing stands out about them. Nothing is fucking supposed to stand out. That's how you know they're accurate. If something stands out about a headphone's tonality, it means that frequency range is too fucking loud.

You want something mid-centric with a lil' bit of sparkle, yet you didn't like the HD600. I'm not sure that you know what you want. If you're actually going to be using them un-amped with your phone (and other sources), maybe the Campfire Audio Cascade?

Beats

>Mid-centric
>Mid-bass bloat
>Nothing stands out
Yeah, ok user

>Campfire Audio Cascade?
Seriously? it's a HD650 with more bass. You recommend this to someone who wants some sparkle? HD600 fags man.

>They put you to sleep, that's how you know that they're good!
>They're SUPPOSED to be boring, that's how you know that they're good!

Attached: 1401645706503.gif (500x368, 498K)

This post is inaccurate, much like every non-HD600 full-sized headphone.

Alright user, I think that's enough

excuse me that's not an Orpheus

The treble just wasn't doing it for me. I can't eq the HD600 on my phone or power them to the correct level, but w/e then just something that sounds like the HE560, but closed.

Nor the LCD-1

How about giving the guy a suggestion of your own then? Admittedly the Cascade is Mid-centric with strong bass, but the highs are polite enough to prevent ear-rape, not missing.

Aeon Flow Closed might do it for you, but you're not gonna want to run it on your phone without an amp.

>How about giving the guy a suggestion of your own then?
Audeze Sine. It's the only thing that could be even remotely close to a closed HE560 in tonality while being able to be driven from a phone.
It's an on-ear though.

>hasn't heard hd600
An example of how to know.

I own them, I just disagree with your reasoning as well as your opinion on them. While they are pretty even in response, they do lack in low end. Notice how the graphs that you kids love to post don't have flat bass response? That's not the best balance.

Have you?

>don't have flat bass response?
It's flatter than HD650...

And? That doesn't mean shit. No one but you is talking about the HD650, what are you on about?

I'm looking for IEM's to replace my SE215. I want some stronger sound isolation and just better soundstage.

Thoughts?

stronger isolation than se215s? i can't hear shit when wearing mine

I live in a city, but I also do just want a form of sound quality upgrade.

it's not a headphone thread without feet

Someone asked in the last thread why I don't upgrade my headphones. What would be a reasonable upgrade from HE-560? The main reason I bought these was that they were on a -50% sale and I've been very satisfied with them.

Attached: sets.png (749x999, 872K)

desu there's nothing wrong with the he560 other than them spontaneously crumbling from chinkbuild

if they were more durable they'd be some of the best phones in their current pricerange (like 350~400something?)

zmf eikon b-stock for $900

miku a shit

Attached: iashi.jpg (1920x1200, 674K)

since when niggerlovers are all over the place?

cry more about it you little girl

kill yourself and buy better headphones

i thought it was cool to hate on basslovers and call everyone a niggerlover a year or two ago? i mean bass is cool but only if you using it for something else besides nigger music. either you trolling or just really new because well buy kannon or something and drown on a bass or something

Attached: amerimuttunmasked.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

ok, with this shitty image i can tell you are just a 9gager

no, now it's cool to hate on sennheiser soyboys who dislike treble or bass because they have low test levels

Attached: sennsoyboi.png (1079x593, 572K)