Mini PC thread anyone?

Mini PC thread anyone?

Attached: 73CE4740-32E4-429F-A1F1-76770FEE5595.jpg (4032x3024, 1.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

raspberrypi.org/magpi/raspberry-pi-specs-benchmarks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There's a new rasp b+. Discuss about it.

That's not a PC. If you want a SBC, just emulate desktop windows on your phone because real mini pcs are expensive af.

Attached: windows_xp.webm (720x1280, 2.13M)

Nifty. I’ve yet to get myself a rpi yet. What’s new with the b+?

>no sata
>gbe over usb 2
>shitty ARM cores from the aztecs
what's there to talk about

Attached: 1457944903510.jpg (130x150, 17K)

Eh. Honestly the main reason I got it is because it runs windows 10, and it’s cheap as fuck. Under $100. I basically just use it to download torrents for me 24/7 so I can use my main rig for doing other stuff without worrying about my pausing my torrents when gaming.

how much, cpu specs?

It’s a LattePanda. Just google it. If you see the price at $100+ then they’re ripping you off. Got mine for like $79 without a Win10 license, and bought a cheap Win10 key off eBay for like the price of a Big Mac.

>bought a cheap Win10 key off eBay for like the price of a Big Mac.
Who would be this stupid?

Oh shit I was expecting some ancient dual-core AMD trash. That's actually not that bad.

Attached: 6.jpg (553x567, 126K)

It's slightly less shit but still pure shit compared to other boards that go for the same price and have far better specs and same level of compatibility.

Or just lazy/frustrated with shit-tier activators.

it's literal dogshit you retards

Attached: raspberry-pi-network-interface-speed-comparison-gigabit.png (518x333, 25K)

Why would you expect ancient dual-core AMD trash? AMD never made low power multi core CPUs until recently.
The x series of Atom CPUs is highly outdated now though, even shit like the GPD Win 2 rocks a m3 that's twice as fast as the fastest x series Atom. Specially this being a low end Atom to begin with.

Could be worse, efficient x86 qemu emulation on phones is limited to 2 cores I think.

Why would you even use an activator? Not to mention, sure they all works just fine, unless you're a brainlet.
Keys on the other hand are easy to aquire. If we are talking Windows 10, you won't run anything but LTSB in the first place, so activators are the most reasonable choice, unless you want to pay MS a few grand for the pile of shit called Windows.

>spending $100+ on a Pentium4 tier shitter pc instead of getting a thinkpad with a 2520m i5
top kek

Why would you use whole x86 system emulation on ARM in the first place? The only point would be to run x86 specific software, but that would be far faster and easier with optimized Qemu (i.e. Exagear) binary translation, either for running proprietary Linux x86 applications or Wine for Windows applications.

I don't need a ChinkPad with an i5 to run my SDR server, specially outside being so bulky and being so inefficient for its purpose.

Nigger I can spend my money however the hell I want.

Chill, nobody is stopping you from being a retard. Have fun.

VMs for next-gen multi-tasking and maximum portability

When Android phones reach 10GB RAM for example you could have like 4 x86 VMs open for multiple tasks with each being easy to control and switch to/from.

But why? Might as well run a headless single board computer with its own battery backup and carry it in your pocket if you actually need 4 x86 VMs portabillity (i.e. they can't be on a network somewhere else and remoted into), let's face it, you don't need it in the first place though.
ARM will be choking back tears doing x86_64, highly inefficient compared to power/performance of even a shitty low power x86 chip.

Attached: 610221F2-3CDA-4BB6-BE67-6766170AAF35.jpg (538x528, 68K)

user you just said it yourself, things like exagear would make this better/easier and the latest snapdragon 835 is already trading blows with laptop i3s so ARM is catching up.

Those are the old Pi graphs.
New Pi has USB2.0 Gigabit ethernet built in and better Wifi onboard.

It's still shit, but just slightly less shit considering it's the same price as the predecessor.

Nope that graph is for the new pi3b+ with "gigabit" ethernet. Apparently the onboard USB 2.0 proxy is such dogshit that it can't even do the sustained ~300mbps it's supposed to deliver.

No it's not. That graph is the old graph comparing a USB gigabit adapter to internal 10/100 Ethernet.

The new Pi has internal gigabit Ethernet, your argument is invalid.

>VMs
surely you mean emulation instances, you aren't going to run a different architecture in a virtual machine, brainlet

>The new Pi has internal gigabit Ethernet, your argument is invalid.
It's still over USB lanes, it's not a part of the SoC with it's own I/O lanes.
Educate yourself Pi shill.

he's right you know

raspberrypi.org/magpi/raspberry-pi-specs-benchmarks/

Attached: Raspberry-Pi-Benchmarks-Ethernet-Throughput.jpg (500x500, 28K)

that's what qemu does my dude...

nobody tell him

I know it's still over USB2.0 but that's still the old graph that's comparing an external adapter.
It wasn't representing the internal adapter properly, which the graph does. As you can see on it the difference between the Internal and External adapters is now basically nothing.

It should also be noted that the new Pi has wireless ac wifi, so the speeds should be higher than the old n wifi as well.

Basically presenting the old graph was a misrepresentation of the new Pi.

And I only buy Orange Pis.

The power usage is a lot lower in the LattePanda. If you already have an old ThinkPad, then yeah, maybe not worth it.

Waiting for the revised asus tinker board S in april.

The internal is LITERALLY slower lmao.

I swear to god if that ac wifi is over usb 2.0 I'm going to lose my shit

Attached: 1521049421197.jpg (604x511, 71K)

What would be a cheap machine to use as a thin client for desktop use? I'm looking for something to use with parsec that can still run normal desktop linux/win10.

t60

>I swear to god if that ac wifi is over usb 2.0 I'm going to lose my shit

Start losing it then, because on the rpi literally everything is over the same USB bus save for the SD card.

I'm not looking to buy ancient shit user.

So essentially the rpi3 is the hellraiser puzzle?

Attached: Box.png (937x975, 2.08M)

t420?

I'm not familiar with the specs on the hellraiser puzzle, but if it has all of it's io over a single USB bus then they would be similar, yes.

>The internal is LITERALLY slower lmao.
It's within margin of error.
Or do you think that every transfer test should yield identical results? If you do then I will know you have never done any sort of transfer testing.

I bet the fucking 5v power delivery is over usb 2.0 as well lmao.

Attached: 1446094845242.png (672x706, 328K)

Doesn't look like it.
But its wifi speeds don't look exceptional anyway, even for being twice as fast as the previous model or mini or whatever else has wifi.

>I bet the fucking 5v power delivery is over usb 2.0 as well lmao.

Attached: IMG_5060.png (669x402, 347K)

because Sup Forums can't actually use anything but windows.

I remember how the 400-post raspi thread from a few days ago was full of fags whining that it's too slow for x86 emulation and therefore useless

Attached: smallest desktop.jpg (480x360, 17K)

EOMA68 finally coming in June.
Freedom or bust.

Attached: eoma-computercard1_jpg_project-body.jpg (749x391, 17K)

>pcmcia in anno 2038

Can it run Doom?

Attached: John.gif (197x300, 18K)