Hey tech dudes...

Hey tech dudes. So I got this little monitor from goodwill a while back and it's just been chilling but I just had the urge to know more about it. Year, model, manufacturers, intended purpose. You know. It has no brand names on it and I'm curious as all Hell. Help me down this rabbit hole pls

Attached: 20180318_003708.jpg (2976x2976, 3.01M)

Attached: 20180318_003722.jpg (2976x2976, 3.39M)

Attached: 20180318_003742.jpg (2976x2976, 3.82M)

Attached: 20180318_003758.jpg (2976x2976, 3.06M)

Oh yea, when turned on, it makes a loud beep every few seconds

Looks like an old baby monitor.
Not computer related and highly doubt anything professional CCTV related, maybe a home CCTV monitor, arguably that's also what a baby monitor is.

Predefined channels, etc.

What you can use it for is a composite monitor if you want. Not really any rabbit hole to go down to, nothing remotely special.

Have any idea why it might beep?

This, I own one too and it's a baby CCTV monitor.

I did yank the antennae out on mine entirely, since it can't be hooked up to a RF cable anyways (or can it?).

Good for testing consoles.

Probably some bad cap inside.

Aw shucks. Sounds uninteresting. At least it looks cute ig

Nope, but might know.

>I did yank the antennae out on mine entirely, since it can't be hooked up to a RF cable anyways (or can it?).
I guess if you connect the RF directly to the antenna, then again, the channels are pre defined, even if they work in normal VHF or UHF frequencies, what they might not. Maybe you can adjust the frequency directly from the board though.

I think the means the beeping it's supposed to do. Maybe related to the camera it came with or if there's movement.

>I think the means the beeping it's supposed to do. Maybe related to the camera it came with or if there's movement.
Actually no, since these are as primitive as they can be. The only things you can do is have three (or 4, like the one I have) channels. I haven't cranked mine open yet (simply disassembled the antenna then cut the wire going to it) since as much as it uses DC voltage, the tube can still be dangerous to some extent.

As for the beeping, if it's in the 1KHz range or louder, it might either be the tube starting up or a capacitor gone south if it changes pitch after shutting off.

Just use your 3D scanner to collect the imensions and then compare it against a 3D database of computer monitors.

No, look at There is a knob (variable resistor probably) for "BEEP", I think the beeping might be related to that, if it's uniform and every few seconds, that does not sound like a bad CRT.

Whoops, looks like I missed that.

Might be worth toying with it and moving it to the other side and see if the beep goes away.

Still, strange to see a BEEP knob on one of these. Maybe it's not a baby CCTV after all? The channel DIP switch is also pretty unusual.

The cheap built quality, tiny antenna, simple design, button for scan, three predefined channels and option for CAM/VCR. Pretty sure it's a cheap CCTV monitor, most likely from a kit for a baby monitor.

The "BEEP" might be anything from notification losing connection to the camera (probably, as his beeps when turned on and having no camera), camera or TV batteries dying, separate system from the camera with a IR motion detector, etc.

>camera or TV batteries dying
Unlikely, since it has a 13.5V charger.

>Pretty sure it's a cheap CCTV monitor, most likely from a kit for a baby monitor.
More likely a PIP CCTV, since baby monitors (I have one and can put up some pictures of it if needed) have the channel buttons in front. It's very likely it's a generic CCTV monitor like those used in stores, hence the CAM/VCR slots.

No idea for the scan though, mine doesn't have that at all.

>Unlikely, since it has a 13.5V charger.
As I said, it was a possibility, as it takes batteries, if you'd look at the picture there's a compartment for them on the bottom. But as I said, most likely the beep is for losing connection or no connection (same thing), else it wouldn't beep when he turns it on.

>More likely a PIP CCTV
It does not look like it has controls for PIP though and only three channels.

>used in stores, hence the CAM/VCR slots.
This is more likely.

Plays audio from my record player pretty......alright. Its mono as you could've imagined. And it doesn't beep anymore

Stop hoarding garbage no one needs.

Make me