Orange pi

Hey, are u user of orange pi ?
if yes, please post some amazing works that you did with it.
Also post your type of an orange pi.
Thanks

Attached: _vyr_999orangewin.png (660x443, 308K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/store/1553371
archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>as slow as rpi but with poorer software/community support

Don't see why I would want one.

Because Sup Forums is contrarian, even at the expense of functionality and convenience.

It's $10 so no jewrange pi tax.

orange pi has always had better hardware and a good price, i don't know if it's still ahead of raspberry pi

same reason people use linux and foss

oh boy I can't wait to configure and compile everything manually because I saved 5 bottles of soylent worth of money

I have an Orange Pi PC, I tested the raspian image and it worked, but I am trying to get FreeBSD running on it. But since I am a noob I have to figure out how to cross-compile a functional version of FreeBSD.

last time I checked they were more powerful than a rpi for the same or lower price
keep in mind they have different models

ones that are appreciably more powerful than rpi3 (with 2GB RAM, GbE etc) are $50+

Rock64.

>Wanted to be my 1st board an OrangePi
>Ended up with Odroid XU4
Zero regrets.

Also, the odroids. Shipping costs may put them over $50, but that could also happen for rpi3.

That's not an orange pi

And if I wanted something fast I'd get an odroid (or just pay for an intel board)

Last year, as a school project that requested the use of an Arduino, I built a simple house security system where the arduino picked up movements with a PIR sensor and executed a command on the Orange Pi where it allerted me via Telegram of this movement.
Nothing too hard, but professors liked it

Why use Arduino when you can connect most sensors to *pi directly?

at least back in my school it was like "go buy an arduino so you can get the basics instead of something proper because we know that 99% of you all won't do shit with it and this way we can save some money"

Fair point, but it is a thing that might do your cheap gbe with more performance than a pi.

Certainly I don't mind the ODroids either.

i have one cause 9€ seemed like a good price, used for a few weeks and now it's collecting dust

Purchased the first gen BananaPi. Coupled w/Armbian it's great, still runs to this day.

is for hand holding and recommended for beginners.

meant to say rPi. *Autism*.

Dodged the bullet there, Banana Pi is unsupported crap.

Come back to me when you're running znc, deluge, ftpd, youtube-dl and Pi-Hole headless on your SBC. Then we can talk. BannaPi does just fine.

Not that user, but you mean to use the SBC as daily driver, right?

I'm 'Cause I had a shitton of problems while trying to hook up the PIR sensor to the GPIO of the OrangePI, so I decided to use the arduino to write "./send.sh" (script that would send me the message) when motion is detected

I use one for DNS where I serve up two different configurations depending on your MAC so the kids devices get OpenDNS with all my blocks in place, but my wife and I get unfettered internet access but with the added bonus of blocking known spam/ad hosts. Sort of like pi-hole but pi-hole doesn't offer the sort of configuration options I wanted.

I use another for retroarch on a TV for NES, SNES, Genesis, etc.

I have another running Deluge and Transmission (I like to keep the adult-only content separate from the rest).

I use opi zero h5 boards on two projects where size is a major constraint. Considerably more cpu power than rpi, smaller form factor, less heat generation. Includes on board cnn processing that is cpu gated. Rpi3 couldn't keep up.

I like this.
And for adding some content, I couldn't make Deluge do the same that Transmission-daemon and I ended up on the second one. Weird I guess.

Are these non "raspberry" pi the equivalent of chinese Arduino? I mean better bang for bucks but you get charged with more troubleshooting and less support from the "community" (meaning crying on forum and troubleshooting by copy-pasting)

Also RPi with real time clock when?

Banana Pi M1 has a proper sata port, most other socs have shitty USB2.0-to-sata shit.

Basically yes. Some have okay support with all drivers working and Linux distros easily available (eg Orange Pi or the aforementioned Odroid), with more obscure ones the support can be spotty, especially when it comes to wireless and GPU support.

>Also RPi with real time clock when?
I guess few people need that. Just stick a RTC module on it.

Are any of the the $10 pi usable?

I choose the lazy solution and connect the rpi with an arduino.
Arduino does its computation with timers interrupts and rpi connects to the wifi and some baby-tier open CV

This is completely inefficient but the visiting normies love when they recognise something "techy"
>Hey, I know these things, it's a raspberry pi and an arduino.
Peer validation, ammarite?

i take it from this thread that i should go for a cheap rpi if i'm just starting and i dont know if i want it for something particular? just to mess around and see how it is

Cheap as fuck.

I bought OrangePi Lite for like $11. Works well.

I would if they wernt a pain in the ass to get
>hurr its a $9 computer
>durr that will be $20 after shipping

I have an Orange Pi Zero. It overheats.

Attached: 1513698278354.gif (500x281, 1.95M)

aliexpress.com/store/1553371

Shipping is three fiddy.

>Better hardware for the same or less price.
>1/100th of the userbase.
>Runs hotter so it actually ends up being slower because of shit optimization (because most people use rasp).

What a deal.

Common problem for these, raspi 3 and most of odroids also throttle under max load. Just put a small heatsink on it.

mo lik fo fiddy

You are aware this IS Sup Forums, right?

It's not like Sup Forums can do any of that considering the amount of whining about Windows emulation that usually goes in SBC threads.

Im sure he is, thats why he said soylent.

List of ideas.
archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv8

right, he forgot that this place is where only the manliest dare to enter. fucking trash