What will computers look like in 28 years?

What will computers look like in 28 years?

Attached: 286.jpg (412x502, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

neurable.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=gbYXBJOFgeI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: T420-0.jpg (700x700, 120K)

Attached: 51cFAc8QHLL._SL1024_.jpg (1024x768, 34K)

old

Whats a computer?

Something like a tablet. I'm increasingly starting to believe they'll be just a screen connected to a server from Google or MS or whatever.

We will most likely have tablet like computers that are almost completely transparent but go opaque when turned on and it will be a huge meme.
If you need a big monitor or want a TV you will have a really thin "wallpaper" of MicroLEDs (OLED successor) that you can put literally everywhere on the wall.
Desktop computers will be quite rare and mostly only for professionals who really need raw computing power and it will be too expensive for the average user.
Most software will be subscription based.
Having your data locally isn't common anymore since everyone "got used" to using cloud services and storage devices coincidentally became more expensive also.

Attached: 1474759105542.png (375x500, 223K)

Beat me to it, damn it.

Screencap'd for future generations

all the world's computing power and storage will be centralized in a few (((data centers))) with everyone accessing it through thin client displays

privately owned processing hardware will be banned under the guise of national security/anti-terrorism, etc

Attached: 1521099885585.jpg (710x532, 71K)

Probably a government-issued tablet with a bunch of bloatware on it

like this
neurable.com/

>Desktop computers will be quite rare and mostly only for professionals who really need raw computing power and it will be too expensive for the average user.
No, they'll be using "the cloud" on shitty overheating laptops.

I'd build my own computer out of transistors before I dealt with that bullshit.

Attached: the_fuck.png (132x160, 44K)

>tfw in the future no site will accept passwords anymore because computers became so fast that they can guess any combination in a couple minutes

Attached: 35656.jpg (187x184, 7K)

>you tried 3 times
>wait 15 minutes for another try

There, no problem

This
If that happens I will join FSF guerilla force or some shit

cryptography will be very different once quantum computers become reality. All encryption algos used today will be useless against someone with a quantum computer. Of course only the big companies will have them but it will still be a problem.

AMD will come out with a 9842389098 core cpu with a clock speed of 50 MHz.

small devices like thermostats, cell phones, laundry machines, dishwashers, car computers, etc will all be interconnected

if fusion power becomes a reality and electricity is dirt cheap: all older computers that would otherwise be scrapped will be used for distributed scientific computing to look for new advanced drugs, materials, etc.

All data centers will be cooled with oil immersion.

exactly one idiot will be trying to make an optical based CPU that uses lasers instead of electricity to carry a signal, meaning that the signal now travels at the speed of light, allowing for larger CPUs with more elements on them and much faster interconnects between cores.

most of this is just random crap I thought of.

multi core computing will get even better

GPUs will be a thing still, because cloud servers cant render frames on your computer without lag

Iv always wanted to build an intel 8086 out of individual visual transistors on a shit ton of bread boards spread out across a basketball court, with an LED attached to each transistor so people could watch each element firing.

>What will computers look like in 28 years?

Attached: C3PO.jpg (428x640, 43K)

There will be tiny transparent displays on contact lenses that you wear all day and that track your every movement, including where your eyes are looking

>including where your eyes are looking
Yep, and you get busted for "eye rape" every time you look at someone you find attractive.

Can you mind rape people?

Attached: ph.jpg (2000x1140, 145K)

A phone in your pocket that automatically connects to any available screens and input devices in your vicinity, you just have to pair them once by scanning a code. A smartwatch acts as a router and main data storage. Everything, except monitors, consumes negligible energy and is powered wirelessly. Computing is done in data centers, gaming is on consoles, PCs are all old and only used by a few enthusiasts. Programmers, 3d modellers, engineers and scientists use highly powerful workstations that are considered a specialized instrument and not affordable to common folk.

That's comercial crap.
One of the nicest thing about PCs is that they're universal tools

HEH

The reality is that nobody needs this universal tool. People need applications, not limitless potential that you have to study for months to be able to use.

In all likelihood they will just be a SoC that gets implanted in your brain when you reach a certain age. Will become the next coming of age traditions in society.
Will likely just overlay information and advertisements on your vision. Obviously GPS enabled so that the government can track your every move (and bowel movement).
And nobody will give a shit because you can finally take perfect pictures and post them to snap chat without having to use your hands.

I would say these are the righ ideas (computing/processing/software are all done on the cloud) and all you need is a device to access those servers/machines that are doing all those processes/software/computing.

I have a feeling in 20 years from now though, we'll be wearing devices on our heads that will let us type and click through thought-based commands, smart phones will move to smart eye wearables or contacts (probably connected to the head wearable), and AI will power most jobs and computing processes.

Desktop computers will become a novelty of the past, kind of like the old super computer rooms of the 1950's and 1960's. The future is cloud-based, mobile, all-in-one devices that will be cheap, energy efficient, and powered through AI and advanced technology like thoughts-to-input.

Probably shitty even more dumbed down tablets that can only do one single thing at a time and you have to pay for every touch.

Tablets, google, microsoft, or apple account required, ID verification required to create google, microsoft, or apple account, TPM chip must verify bootloader and apps on the filesystem before boot, device bricks if something goes wrong, must pay to have it repaired.

All web browsers will send long UUIDs for advertising and tracking purposes, that UUID will be added to the wireless standard and sent to every AP upon connection.

Laptops will not be manufactured anymore.

anime girls

Attached: 1452715095419.png (810x698, 514K)

Boring do-it-all devices made by a small pool of megacorporations and all look the same, running the same two or three operating systems all with the same applications or alternatives that look exactly like them.

Alternately, cloud shit.

Attached: 1473997629652.jpg (500x667, 28K)

>implying electricity doesn't travel at the speed of light

Same, nothing will change.
No ports or so. Nothing really changed much, just got thinner and more normie-friendly, that've ruined it.

As we run out of fuel, we will be using solar powered low voltage computers very similar to ebooks

Attached: 1508303516002.png (941x1021, 325K)

>small devices like thermostats, cell phones, laundry machines, dishwashers, car computers, etc will all be interconnected
I'll build my own before dealing with the web of things in real life

What's a computer?

Cheap, disposable botnet. I doubt people will even be permitted to use their own computers, just terminals to an NSA-checked cloud computing service.

People are cunts and we never get to keep nice things for long.

cellphones pretty much eradicated the need of a desktop computer for most people

yeah they'll look like cellphones, NAME BRAND CELLPHONES at that

why do you care ? you are still going to be using terminal

>privately owned processing hardware will be banned under the guise of national security/anti-terrorism, etc

youtube.com/watch?v=gbYXBJOFgeI

underrated

That'll actually be based, the problem that it won't be thin either

Attached: portrait.jpg (500x335, 19K)

>As we run out of fuel
>in 28 years

Attached: 1377635018105.png (339x273, 127K)

judging by the current climate in that future we have to start completely new out of rubble

... Could work...

Attached: images (97).jpg (436x337, 43K)

No easily available energy sources are left any more to rebuild an industrial civilization from scratch, we'll have to stick with pic related.

Attached: RomanAbacusRecon.jpg (300x239, 24K)

That would be fucking cool.

This x10

Attached: 1517927903056.png (1280x361, 720K)

Attached: somethinglikethis.png (640x400, 6K)

blue is a portable smart.

cellphone.jpg

This, but unironically

this

>Most software will be subscription based.
>Having your data locally isn't common anymore since everyone "got used" to using cloud services and storage devices coincidentally became more expensive also.
These are the ones that scare me the most

>Obviously GPS enabled

>implying someone can't find an workaround to that
nothin personnel kiddo

What's a computer?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Attached: 2e1157c13ad95b35a3a9da12bed25c47.jpg (736x694, 31K)

2001 a Space Odyssey was made in 1968. 33 years before 2001.

Attached: CopyQ.kn2031.png (630x630, 93K)

If they can make them not suck, I think wearables might actually be your main computer in 20 or so years. Glasses that actually look like glasses instead of a giant sign that says "I have $2000 to put on my face" and watches you can make calls from without needing a separate device will be a thing.

In that age it'll be equivalent to building your own bombs or nuclear silos.

There'll be laws put in place to prevent you from doing that.

>8K monitors and GPUs pushing graphics on the otherside of the uncanny valley
>Terabytes of RAM
>Sub nanometer processors
>Terabit internet speeds
>Everything wireless even electricty
>But Linux users will stll be command lining.

>>Terabit internet speeds

So Microsoft will be capable of literally taking snapshots of your computer every second without you even noticing it? Neato.

Wafer thin.

like this

Attached: sxrobot01.jpg (1500x1000, 123K)

This
Whatever computing devices we're using will all be tied to some massive public (privately owned) computer centres crunching all our data for us. Now we already have cloud based storage, online streaming, online subscriptions (photoshop, microsoft office), Nvidia's GeForce now for "cloud gaming".

Online CPUs for public use are only a few years away. 5-10 years max. I'd bet my house on it. It'll all be disgustingly subscription based of course.

Feminists in charge will not allow it.

The command line actually works like global speech recognition but in written form.

a

>filename
kek'd

Here in burgerland you can buy old decommissioned nuclear silos for like $750k

This

Attached: FUTURECOMPUTER.png (1914x935, 7K)

>eventually prototype chips will be able to stimulate different sectors of the brain without harmiing vitals

>retarded people can become functioning members of society

>people can stimulate a dream in a oasis-like virtual space, worldwide passtime

>yes, you can get a anime gf like you always wanted

>sadly gov surveillance will be even more intrusive since now the NSA could pretty much read your own thoughts

>think of rpo but shittier and with 1984 elements

I'm hoping for interactive hologram screens

Attached: just a screen.jpg (517x310, 45K)

Pretty similar to the way they look now. Mouse+keyboard+screen.

Only differences are the keyboard layout may be different, and the mouse may have a slightly different design with maybe a thumb button being more common.

Mouses are pretty much the supreme navigation device when it comes to computers. Touch-screen interfaces are far less intuitive and tiring. The mouse is about as close as you can get to controlling the cursor with your mind.

Keyboards will also always be around because of the accuracy and privacy of communication compared to voice interfaces.

Oil will be around for 1000 years and then we have nuclear. Fags like you have no idea how much oil is in this planet.

Attached: dd.jpg (840x473, 78K)

"whats a computer"

Wireheads become a reality

Something that already exist now but nobody care.
Then faggots will be like "X company invented nothing, Y did something similar 28 years ago!!"

Attached: db9e346d944fe36e69f0613cc75400ac.jpg (700x958, 63K)

:^)

What if "personal computers" and other "end user machines" won't exist anymore because everything will be IoT and service and we wouldn't need computer or smartphone to interact/interface with them

Attached: 1516989205051.webm (640x640, 1.05M)

Attached: memory-boosting-brain-implant-3.jpg (1500x733, 166K)

gimmie gimmie gimmie i need some more, gimmie gimmie gimmie, dont ask what for

this

this makes make uncomfortable.

Imagine this but with a built in GTX 1080Ti and cooling fan

Attached: 93B51B9A-056F-445B-B5EF-D526F93D92E0.jpg (4032x2269, 1.72M)

>those bezels
>namefagging
into the trash

more

It's Larkin Love.

ONE TWO THREE FOUR
its larkin love

Unless we have another breakthrough in material design or UX, probably more of the same. Computers have hit the commodification point similar to cars. You have different form factors for different purposes. The big gains in computing have been to material advances.

Attached: 1412982717835.jpg (260x331, 14K)

vr/ar lenses, holograms, body accessories

Attached: xbox_720_concept_by_davidhansson-d5s079o.png (900x503, 505K)

Maybe on a personal level, but there are too many corporations that are still operating on shit like XP due to cost efficiency.

it will continue the current trends, the real software will become a thinner and thinner layer, and all of personal computing will continue to be reduced to fashion.
but there will be certain... compensations

Attached: 1485294493728[1].jpg (1000x428, 52K)