Let's be honest here, why do you all even use Linux when Windows can do everything and more

Let's be honest here, why do you all even use Linux when Windows can do everything and more.

Attached: 80109-215008.png (1280x720, 715K)

because windows can't do everything and more.

it can't
also i actually care about my privacy and security

>care about security and privacy
Just because people have not found out doesn't mean there's no backdoor.
Enjoy your broken drivers

backdoors affect everything, including windows

So many paid windows shills

nsa backdoors don't harvest data for commercial purposes like windows.
It's more like
>just in case we need to access your computer
kind of security hole.

I use Windows because I have shit to do like play my games and watch baseball. If you faggots really need to use Gahpoo/Loonix, just create a VM for one of your shitty distros in 10. Don't go full autismo and make Arch your only OS.

Also great pic OP. That movie is Michael Douglas kino!

>because windows can't do everything and more.
like what?

Why use a hammer when you can smack a nail in with a wrench? Enjoy your untightened bolts, hammerfags.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1521276633044.jpg (480x640, 63K)

Custom network stack.
Low latency kernel.
custom kernel log system.

>shit to do
>games
At least you could've put something productive in there, now you made windows sound truly like an os meant for children

Attached: non_free.jpg (900x675, 147K)

lol, jesus at least try and sound like you arent just googling random shit. If you are using your desktop as a server your a retard anyways.

>when Windows can do everything and more
This is exactly the reason. Windows will probably spy on me and can catch various kinds of malware.

You got it backwards. You're supposed to run Linux as your main OS and have Windows in a VM with GPU passthrough.

so what's your solution for a SOHO server? I am eager to hear your batshit retarded reply

network engineer.
>low latency kernel
It's really good for games/browser/video/sound
>custom kernel log system.
I actually want to know what's happening with our company-made 10Gb sfp+

fun stuff. sys/network admin is what I'm shooting for

if you did you wouldnt be using nsa ridden system d linux

I can't configure correctly my keyboard rate on windows.

lel fuckin nerd

once again, googling random shit to justify wasting your time with linux is just sad. Its just as retarded as trying to justify a $1000 pair of headphones for watching your anime shit.

the hell are you rambling on about? you have obvious delusions of grandeur my friend. up your seroquel dosage. it's for the best.

stop taking the b8

Attached: varg3.jpg (591x464, 103K)

>enjoy your broken drivers
Oh it's you again...

Justify thoroughly right now why would you use Windows. I mean (you) and I mean thoroughly. Go. You have 5 minutes.

why the fuck would u make Loonix the main OS when u can just plop a distro on a VM in windows without having to fiddle with shit that's going to get you banned on certain games? VAC will wreck you for using a VM!

>hurr durr! Gaymes and leisure are for the kiddies!

You forgot I mentioned streaming baseball that I paid for and enjoy during my off time. But buying things like an adult is childish right?

nerd points

FPBP. babby's first OS is great for gayming and larping, but it's way too restrictive and contains way too much botnet for any real work.

More like autismo points. There is nothing more autistic than seeing some fag with a chinkpad fiddling with Arch.

Because my Android wouldn't work without it.

Because we're tech enthusiasts and the trade-off of the mainstream support of Windows is worth the granularity of the control we have over Linux.

For you, maybe. Girls nowadays like nerds.

Tell me again about your real work and how the botnet prevents you from doing said real work

>Let's be honest here, why do you all even use Linux when Windows can do everything and more.
I need it for uni.

Because windows uses us, but Linux we use it.
Thanks to Richard Stallman

>VAC will wreck you for using a VM!
sauce? We talk about KVM, so provide related stuff.
>streaming baseball
vendor problem. GNU/Linux obviously can stream paid videos too with drm

Attached: 1488461081761.jpg (736x588, 58K)

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Attached: lol totally the right.jpg (1273x535, 296K)

You can't play comp csgo matches in a VM and that's it I think. So it's irrelevant.

Stable as a fuck, fast as a fuck.
In fact, even you use one now, your router is 99% sure Linux device (yep, without bloated GNU, only DHCP, some net stuff and busybox)

>You can't do what you want to do because of your stupid choices but that's ok
No it's not.

Linux for specific purpose != linux for general purpose.

Attached: kvm btfo.png (1193x658, 181K)

Mostly because the windows cli is pure garbage, but also beacause of the bloat.
>oh hey the fans are ramping up
>taskmgr.exe
>Windows™ModuleInstaller.exde running at 100% load
>"BTW time to restart your machine again"

Here's a better question. Why do people waste their time and make operating system hate threads? Every operating system sucks in their own way so there is no point in making daily threads about how linux, mac, windows or bsd is shit but unfortunately autist are going to be autist

well I'm gay so I wouldnt mind a couple of big beefy NSA men getting in through my back door

Fuck their false flag

Attached: 1482391877408.gif (320x182, 1.63M)

Why? Far more efficient structure when it comes to partitions on the drive, none of this nonsense where you have 20 different partitions per user, so you can easily organize and back up shit. And the biggest reason is ease of redeployment when you can just make a WDS image and stick it on any system regardless of hardware without all the archaic nonsense with lack of supported drivers in linux.

>Linux is irrelevant because you cannot play comp matches on a kiddy game with a VM.
Please, kill yourself.

Sure, but I will do it with a GUI in 2 seconds instead of typing 2 pages of command line commands

Attached: 1505052313906.gif (640x357, 3.04M)

what are you talking about?

how did you know this guy
is jesus? Did you get a vision?

>LARPing this hard

Pic related. Can't watch mlb.tv using something like Arch or Noobuntu!

Attached: mlbtv_no_loonix.png (1214x206, 29K)

by 'more' he means 'rootkit'

ChromeOS is loonix. Also change useragent.

>LARPing

Attached: 1432411789401.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

>implying im using system d

enjoy your botnet.

>why do you all even use Linux when Windows can do everything and more.
But it can't?

/thread
Winbabies BTFO

baseball is not only for kids, that's correct. it's also for retards.

I don't Use Loonix because it has a shitty UX/UI, won't fix simple mistakes like thumbnails/browser/programs align with close/open buttons, has package managers that has outdated/missing software. And not to mention the bugs.

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you? If any of your claims were true, Linux would not own the server world. Guess what? All of those features work on desktop Linux, too.

they call that stockholm syndrome.