Why are Macs so damn comfy?

Why are Macs so damn comfy?
Comfort levels are literally unreachable by anything else.

Attached: mcb.jpg (3000x1687, 431K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-Retina-15-Mid-2015-Review.144402.0.html
notebookcheck.net/Face-Off-Microsoft-Surface-Pro-4-Core-i7-vs-Surface-Pro-4-Core-i5-vs-Surface-Pro-4-Core-m3.156031.0.html
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>outstanding design and layout of internal components
>best ergonomics
>superb thermal throttling support
>made from premium materials
>packed with a superb OS that can actually play games

Attached: 1521060965811.jpg (800x1360, 280K)

are they ? i kinda miss my right click if you know what i mean

the biggest thing i have against macbooks is their shitty amd/integrated gpu and their shitty new gen keyboard

>"After our one-hour stress test with Prime95 and FurMark (Windows), the CPU runs at only1.2 GHz, while the graphics card is also limited to just 400 MHz. Even though devices fromAsus,Acer& Co. also throttle, none of the direct rivals loses that much performance. The performance of the MacBook was much better under OS X, but the tools (Cinebench and Unigine Heaven) are not that demanding for the hardware."

notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-Retina-15-Mid-2015-Review.144402.0.html

>"We had our doubts on the performance of the Surface Pro 4 Core i7 configuration considering the throttling issues found on the Surface Pro 3. Luckily, we can observe no major performance issues when under high loads. The tablet is able to maintain its maximum Turbo Boost of 3.2 GHz for both cores when under Prime95 stress and Unigine Heaven stress."

notebookcheck.net/Face-Off-Microsoft-Surface-Pro-4-Core-i7-vs-Surface-Pro-4-Core-i5-vs-Surface-Pro-4-Core-m3.156031.0.html

Attached: typical_mac_user.png (594x648, 152K)

you can right click on macs

yes, and this.
i once blew a normie's mind when i told him apple neither manufactures nor designs the components

>2015
shut the fuck up retard, 2016 and 2017 do not throttle like this you dumb fucking asshole

>2015

Attached: 1521055977335.png (1280x878, 72K)

Actually they do and it's worse lmao

Looks like the shills are out in droves today.

>Computer designed to not run Windows runs Windows applications badly

What a shocker.

I like the keyboard :(

>they do and it's worse lmao
thank you for lying you dumb piece of shit

Attached: file.png (1210x966, 141K)

So you agree that 2015 products were garbage. Too bad they still make garbage

Attached: Image1916042597.jpg (594x648, 36K)

Attached: file.png (1191x194, 33K)

>So you agree that 2015 products were garbage
yes
>Too bad they still make garbage
wrong

Integrated GPUs are fine, it's not 2010 anymore.
>shitty new gen keyboard
that is a valid point, I'd also mention the fact that a base model Macbook has 1 (one) port othen than a minijack. Fuck that.

2009-2013 Apple Best Apple

Why does that picture make me chuckle every single time regardless of how many times it is posted

This. iPhone 5 with iOS 6 was the high point of smartphone design. This is coming from an androidfag.

Can we stop this stupid apple/windows war. When you are coding as long as u got a text editor and a compiler you can do anything. Who the fuck cares about the semantics on what OS it is? As long as I got a gui interface with window functionality I am fine

This. Most programmers I know don't gaf what computer they have because they spend most of their time in Emacs anyway. So long as it starts up fast.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

i'vw never owned a macbook. never had an iphone. never had an ipad. i had an ipod once though.

i'm getting a macbook tomorrow. what the fuck am i in for (besides maximum comfy as stated by OP)?

12 inch, Air or Pro?

The 12 inch's keyboard is so fucking weird. It feels like the force touch trackpad thing. I hate typing on it.

And Macs have had a right click for at least a decade now.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 8.02.29 AM.png (1636x1218, 721K)

pro 13 w/o touchbar

and yes I know about command + click, I've used macs several times before but never more than an hour or so at a time

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Attached: 1490751660126.jpg (989x1006, 165K)

>>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
I own blade with the 70whr battery and after some tweaking I can just about get 10 hours of shitposting / music / anime / jewtube

>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
this can not be true, i've seen several people use wifi with there dongles

>memetouch emojibar

2/2
>membar
>no escape
these are optional. inb4 15inchers don't have the option because if you get that model you're literally retarded or you just enojy spending a lot of money

>2 hour battery life
thanks technically intel's fault baby lake is shit and coffee lake isn't all that much better

>>macshit is good
>Can we finally put an end to this meme?
well they definitely are good. definitely not amazing. I'd say a solid 7/10.

debate me

see

3/2 bonus sage round

>soldered ram/sad
if you need more than 16gbs of ram you obviously need a desktop

>tamper tape on battery screws
if you're replacing the battery it's not the same computer anymore. if you replace the handle on an old broom and later replace the brush, is it the same broom?

>loud keyboard
have you ever used a mechanical keyboard?

>can't use TB3
now I know you're just trolling

actual decent stock applications

>shows picture where everything is connected and integrated
>"BOOTIFUL"
>Shows picture of a much more modular, replacable system
>"EW LULZ"
poorfag

replacable meaning the different parts can be taken out and replaced. It's much sturdier and nicer looking as a bonus.

Because you are homosexual.

Apple is gay.

>>Computer designed to not run Windows runs Windows applications badly
>Other computers with the exact same specs run better in the exact same configuration

You're a retard.

fucking shit from plastic to os, the ONLY nice thing on a mac is display, but you can piss on it, because the rest sux balls

> burns your legs
> digs into your palms when you type
> worst keyboard invented ever
> makes you gay

Literally just two-finger touch on the touchpad, or right click on your mouse. The right-click thing is a myth for more than a decade.

Someone has obviously never owned a Mac.

They have comfy aesthetics in and out of the shell, but they are garbage tier computers. Recent hardware updates have made it significantly better, but their track-record shows faulty computer after faulty computer. Hard to judge newer computers since they are new, but I've found most Lenovo's are sufficiently comfy for me, and its fucking garbage to use any other type of built in keyboard and mouse system.

Because it's the power of NeXTSTEP combined with the ease of use of Mac OS, delivered in a sleek hardware package. It's 34 years of continuous refinement from the best personal computing company in the world.

My current computer is a MacBook Pro 2014 that I use every day, and it runs just as well as it did when I bought it. I don't play video games (aside from super-casual stuff and the occasional vanilla Doom and Quake), and the stock apps meet pretty much all my needs, so I don't have to put up with slow, battery-killing bloatware from Microsoft, Adobe, or Google.

Aside from the bugginess in recent macOS releases, I'm very satisfied with it. Hardware-wise I'm looking forward to their redesigned modular Mac Pro (though I'd never buy one myself), and I really hope they stop selling the "current" Mac mini soon.

Attached: 42-unit.jpg (640x439, 64K)

Attached: 1513462640903.png (1245x852, 171K)

iMac Pro hits 99 Celsius at load and doesn't throttle. Hello electromigration.

UNIX is proprietary it isn't a good thing to be UNIX certified unless you plan on using proprietary UNIX software.

let's call it what we all know it is
automated shillbot scripts programmed by some machine learning fags
not even human

>not even human
T B H macfaggots were never considered human.

Attached: 1517549221413.jpg (996x954, 299K)

not as comfy as a think pad

I broke my A1708 Screen, anyone can reccomend me a cheap aftermarket screen?

>macshit
Found your problem.

nah. loadup debian or some shit on your macbook and get back to me. As a Mac user my whole life, I"m ready to throw this shit out the window.

Attached: fuck this 01.gif (500x269, 749K)

Just unpacked my new Macbook X™ that I was lucky enough to get for $1250. Revolutionary optimized keyboard is so fucking comfy, can't imagine using any other keyboard now. And look at the super-bright minimalistic MacBoard™ - one-of-a-kind technology that allows you to visually display any information, literally the brand-new invention brought to you by Tim Jobs himself. So revolutionary! The design's great, too, goes so great with the mandatory 15 stickers I attach to any device I use, those round corners & lightweight materials - daym.

Attached: Fisher-Price-Fun-2-Learn-Color-Flash-Laptop.jpg (480x480, 33K)

You clearly never had a Thinkpad.

i use a 2015 13 inch at work, it's pretty comfy, but i'd never buy it, especially not the newer models with the shallow keyboard that feels like shit

Attached: 1511504797408.png (512x512, 24K)

Fucking right to repair you fucktard. Apple makes their products hard to repair because shit like the soldered on ram and ssd, not necessarily for fucking upgrading you cuck but to repair if a part goes bad. And if you think replacing the battery makes it a whole new device, then you must have some serious autism,

as an ifag looking to break out, is the razer blade really the closest thing I have to compare for things like build quality, battery life and performance in a 13-14in form factor?

I feel like I can't find any other options in that sweet spot. (the gigabyte aero 14 looks alright but doesnt look very sturdy, or as sleek)

After being a Windows/Linux user for years it took me about a half year to get used to my MacBook Pro when I first got it, but when I did I came to love it and don't want to own anything else. It's nice to have a computer you can just use and don't have to be in sysadmin mode every time you use it. Windows with it's constantly needing to be scanned, fixed and updated leaves you with this slow burning stress that you think is just part of using a computer but Mac isn't like that. You just open it do what you want to do and move on with your day. I recommend installing Homebrew as soon as you get it, and also take a look at the curated list of Mac applications on GitHub.

Dell XPS 13/15

Asus ZenBook

The exact same i5 is sitting in that Macbook and that Best Buy laptop. Explain how the fuck it can't run Windows. I would let that argument pass if it was a ARM chip, not a fucking i5.

Thinkpad X1/ X280 are really good for New, X240 has a Mac Level Trackpad, but are hated due to not having Trackpoint buttons.

>worst keybindings
>nonsensical UI behavior
>more autistic screeching about updates than Windows, literally shits the bed if you don't update without being plugged in and will bootloop indefinitely, a clear hindrance to the brainlet audience they were going for
>no delete key
>no home key
>no pgdown, pgup
>all of these are implemented in stupid keybindings
>command is neither the equivalent of Super nor Ctrl
>who the fuck knows what alt/option does
My main problem with it is what everyone praises it for, the interface, hardware or software. Interacting with my Mac from work is a pain in the fucking ass.
You could say I've been baby duck'd by Windows machienes, but I've never had a problem with Linux.
The whole thing is cause Apple wanted to be special snowflakes when it comes to basic shit.

>nonsensical UI behavior
Care to elaborate?

>literally shits the bed if you don't update without being plugged in and will bootloop indefinitely
False. Being plugged in to AC power is only a requirement when reinstalling the entire OS, not for updates.

>command is neither the equivalent of Super nor Ctrl
>who the fuck knows what alt/option does
You have a learning disability. It’s ok, at least you can still use Windows.

I have a blade 14. Build quality is top notch. Apple doesn't have shit on dat sexy black aluminum. And it actually has useful ports too. After a but of messing around I can achieve just about 10 hours of usage while doing light activities. The battery will not, however, last more than 2 games of league of legends. And the entire machine gets uncomfortably hot while running apps on the battery. This is not an issue while it's plugged in, yes it gets hot but not nearly so. This bitch also attracts fingerprints like a motherfucker. The 1060 is a little fucking beast too, I wasn't expecting nearly as much performance from a 1060 let alone a mobile version.

Assuming you cover up the obnoxious glowing razer logo, you will not find a better looking laptop out there.

>copypasta AND memepic

now thats what i call shilling

>it's not Apple's fault, they are literally perfect
>you're doing it wrong, OSX is literally perfect
Macfags in a nutshell

>Care to elaborate?
Double click to zoom a window (which I assume is Mac jargon for maximize a window) makes Safari windows taller, but not wider. For some windows (can't recall which programs) it does absolutely nothing. For others, it does the assumed behavior, but double clicking again doesn't restore a window to it's previous state.
>Being plugged in to AC power is only a requirement when reinstalling the entire OS, not for updates.
False, happened to me, and since there are entire guides on this, it must have happened to others. I was running High Sierra, I got the machine with the OS installed, brand new, in box, fixed up by the IT guys. Worked on it, got some packages installed. Went home, noticed there was an update available, tried installing it (it said to plug in, but I was at 100%, so I thought fuck it), bootlooped on one of the restart attempts. Had to go into recovery mode and rm -rf the update files to get it work again.

And yet you still don’t have an argument except “Durrr it ain’t liek muh Winders”

>Double click to zoom a window (which I assume is Mac jargon for maximize a window) makes Safari windows taller, but not wider

Zoom only expands the window to the appropriate size needed to view the content. If the page has nothing but blank space on the sides after a certain point, there’s no need to expand it further horizontally.

>For some windows (can’t recall which programs) it does absolutely nothing.

A handful of stock apps like Contacts and Reminders don’t have a traditional title bar, so double-clicking to zoom won’t work. You can still zoom by holding Option/Alt and clicking the green window control button (which changes from full-screen to the plus-shaped zoom). For the most part though, double-click will zoom and doing it again restores the previous window size.

>For others, it does the assumed behavior, but double clicking again doesn't restore a window to it's previous state.

Are these third-party apps?

>fixed up by the IT guys

This is probably where you went wrong. IT pinheads are typically only know Windows; whatever they know about the Mac is probably little.

>got some packages installed

Packages as in brew, or something else?

>bootlooped on one of the restart attempts

Sounds like it could be simple bad luck. Windows occasionally shits itself on updates too.

>Everything you just said
yes
>packed with a superb OS that can actually play games
Whoa whoa hold on there now that's a blatant lie

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>superb thermal throttling support
It definitely throttles