IOS vs Android

redpill me Sup Forumsuys on iOS.
Never touched an Apple product in my life but since im in upgrade season I'm considering buying either a oneplus 5 or a 6s plus. I know that performance wise the 5 rapes the 6s+ (by that I mean 50% in (((geekbench))) ) but it's more that im feeling tempted to go over to iOS as a change from android. not much of a power user and as long as my apps are snappy and there arent many stutters ill be fine.

Is iOS as shit as they say? What are the actual downsides to it and to ex-androiders, what's the switch experience been like?

both phones are similarly priced (6s+ comes in at 3% cheaper for the same amount of storage) so that might be something to take into consideration.

No I dont want any phone from apple released after 6s+ since no headphone jack = no buy (poorfag here who doesnt want to spend extra on shitty bluetooth earphones and have to worry about charging them, or using an equally shit dongle).

excuse my mspaint level meme

Attached: download.jpg (710x468, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdziarski.com/blog/?p=2589
blog.rapid7.com/2015/11/26/reduced-annoyances-and-increased-security-on-ios-9-a-win-win/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>redpill me Sup Forumsuys on iOS.
Apple is gay.

Attached: 1492053907303.jpg (1280x720, 196K)

50% of the userbase is and the company is but is the product?

Attached: download.png (903x983, 83K)

>iphone
>bends, explodes, and gives you 3rd degree burns
heh, nothing personnel, kid

Attached: 1499298530170.jpg (1706x1226, 409K)

>6 plus
miss me with that gay shit
if I want a foldable phone then ill wait for the galaxy x

Just skip the Xtra steps and kys already my friend

Attached: 1424702481399.png (660x920, 109K)

without seeing her face that meme is worthless

I'm currently using a 6S OP AMA
I moved from Android in 2015 so I know a decent amount of both OSes

is the iOS experience as shit as people say? does the lack of customisation even bother you? what phone did you have previously (since if you had a shitty chink phone from 2012, anything would be a colossal upgrade), and any regrets about it?

Will you be moving to android or staying on ios for your next upgrade? and finally, are the apple exclusive benefits (imessage, faster and longer duration of updates for your phone) worth it?

pic unrelated

Attached: 534266757638.png (478x482, 177K)

Gaaaayyy
Soyyyyyy

>faster and longer duration of updates

Attached: 1493089008052.jpg (1198x836, 249K)

>mfw im a poorfag and cant afford to spend on a new phone every 2 years
shit. is this the ultimate apple redpill?

Attached: 1521133420797.jpg (600x500, 36K)

I made the switch from iOS to Android circa 2013. I have now purchased a refurbished iPhone 7 for $350 after seeing my cousins (iPhone X) and dads (iPhone 6s) in use. I thought to myself, "wow, that is actually pretty smooth." Much smoother than my Moto X Pure.

>Sup Forumsuys
I'll have you no I am a Sup Forumsentooman of refined taste, disgusting peasant.

>I'll have you no
>I am a Sup Forumsentooman
nice try

>is the iOS experience as shit as people say?

Sorta. I don't know how to explain most of it really besides what people already do. It's more money for less features.

>does the lack of customisation even bother you?

It did for me. It's very locked down.

>what phone did you have previously (since if you had a shitty chink phone from 2012, anything would be a colossal upgrade),

I had some weird Samsung model that isn't part of its main lines anymore, I liked it however.

>and any regrets about it?

Buying the iPhone

>Will you be moving to android or staying on ios for your next upgrade?

I'm now on a Galaxy S8, and I think I'll stick to Android from now on if the phone has the features I want.

>and finally, are the apple exclusive benefits (imessage, faster and longer duration of updates for your phone) worth it?

Not really. Every time Apple releases a new update it's either bugged to fuck or just plain bad.
If you care about iMessage at all you shouldn't be allowed to own a phone. It adds stickers. It shouldn't be a selling feature.

iOS:
>just werks
>no google or chink/gook botnet
>apple makes most of their money by actual phone sales so they have an incentive to make you want to use it which leads to a pleasant user experience for the average person
>most secure of the two

Android:
>much more freedom to tinker and customise
>superbotnet in every way possible unless you go for a fully degoogled rom
>google makes most of their money by harvesting data, which is why you get their services for """"free"""
>fragmented shit without security updates

botnet on android actually real?
are either of these companies not shitty?
>inb4 "every company is shitty user"

i hate this epic facebook meme picture

I'd say that Apple is way less shitty than Google. Still somewhat shitty, but Google is actually proven to abuse its power.

For example, tracking you anyway when you opt out of tracking.

To rephrase that a bit, the relationship you have with Apple is old fashioned and straight forward in a way: You give them money, they give you their product.

The relationship you have with Google is that you give them information, they give you their service. It is advertisers that give them money in return for your information. You are the product, not the customer.

While some aspect of Apple's business may be shitty/immoral, pretty much Google's entire business is shitty/immoral.

iOS
>freezes when recording
>randomly wakes up
>can't store lots of images
>iphones screen break with a single drop or just doesn't respond
>stops werking when a new iproduct pops up
>apple botnet
>locked down software and store which hosts mainly paid garbage.

Android (ungoogled custom ROMs)
>many stores and ability to download apps and their data from web
>can use modded kernels and drivers to support external hardware and enhance or even add certain features.
>can run debian chroot and any emulator (e.g psp)
>can change literally anything from icons to permissions and even fucking around with any app with xposed.
As for security, itoddlers can have that in exchange for uploading everything to icloud and sending every app data to whatever 3rd party apple wants to sell data to.

Remember that 99% of normies use stock ROM and google is listening to their microphone

^t. itoddler

ios is better out of the box, android can be better if you do a bunch of work to degoogle it (and thereby cripple it for the most part)

You can't decrapple iOS

Windows 10 > MacOS > any mainstream Linux distro > android >>>>>>>>>>>>> ios

>android is better without google shit installed
crazy idea here - but you might be out of touch with how most people use their phones

>Is iOS as shit as they say? What are the actual downsides to it and to ex-androiders, what's the switch experience been like?
It's fine. Yes, you'll have less options, but what's there tends to work well. The OS itself has a lot more tweaking and control over your settings and what applications can/can't do than compared to Android. That's all "set once and forget" and I rarely have needed to adjust anything after initial setup. You can just use the phone daily and not worry about shit. I adjusted fairly fast since at a certain level Android and iOS are very similar and it feels like they've just gotten more similar over time. Both companies have changed their OS over the years to better suit a mobile touch-oriented experience so it makes sense that they have so many similarities. The only thing that might bug you is just figuring out what apps are good in a different ecosystem. For example I wouldn't have guessed that Outlook would be the email client I liked the most but it is on iOS. I say go for it if the hardware appeals to you. I spend a lot less time adjusting things on my phone now and more time actually using it.

Honest question guys

Should I get the iphone 8 or wait for the 9? Nexus 5x owner here

>Is iOS as shit as they say?
Yes.

Attached: 1493181007278.png (532x2612, 886K)

BlackBerry. Get any phone with a physical keyboard

iPhone 6 here.
hope you like playing your webms on VLC and not natively lol.

other than that, it's a pretty solid phone. for day-to-day use it's less of a hassle overall than my Xperia

8 seems like last of the buttonphones, I believe the whole line is going to be without home button and with notch.

Just switched back to iOS from being on Android for years. Both OS' feel relatively similar for most normie shit you'll end up using your phone to do. There's only so much that can be different when you have a browser window open.

Android is the better OS overall though.

>author is overweight
>balding
>goatee
>creepy look on his face and creepy pose

that's a green bubble guy alright

Attached: 73292807-girl-disgusted-face-expression.jpg (1300x1050, 140K)

FUCK APPLE
JUST FUCK THEM
I fucking bought an Ipad and how shit it is.
>can't play webm on browser
>can't torrent
>can't move any type of file via cable
>need fucking iTunes to move files
>some file formats are not supported

Attached: 512512.png (633x758, 29K)

That also means grandma can't fuck it up. Haven't had to do tech support in years.

Based Apple.

switched to iOS after the WPA attacks last year

it's everything I wish the BlackBerry Enterprise Server was, without the fag requirement of having to run an Exchange server (lock down your phone security only to have your email hacked)

the Apple Configurator utility is great. it lets you
>pair-lock the device so you only have 1 pairing record
>this disables every forensics tool around
>the Secure Enclave mitigates against hardware exploits

also, you can
>push your own certs and deny all other self-signed certs
>prevent self-signed apps (like the graykey PW cracker)
>disable icloud (no subpoenas possible)
>provision all your accounts with a profile

cons
>shitty rsync client (acrosync)
>VLC sucks and iTunes still doesn't play FLAC
>iMessage is distinct from Signal (no default integration like android)

zdziarski.com/blog/?p=2589

blog.rapid7.com/2015/11/26/reduced-annoyances-and-increased-security-on-ios-9-a-win-win/

>applel

Attached: Image959760348.jpg (594x648, 36K)

just stick to android
t. 6s owner

Gotta say I loved my Samsung s7 then I got a moto g5, it's alright nothing special for its price. I'm primarily android, I tried a SE and I loved it. It's running ios 10, and everything is smooth.

I don't like how there is no gif features, torrents or third party app store (without jailbreaking). Overall it's smooth and easy to use. I like Android more due to the extra features and customization

Get a Galaxy S6

Android play store and mine still works well and they can be found for cheap

>iOS vs Android
Friends always tell me what am I doing with a phone like this. Well, I do the same as everyone. But its also useful for development and some cool utilities without my privacity beeing compromised.

Attached: touchicon-192.png (192x192, 10K)

iOS is not nearly as bad as Sup Forums says it is. It's just not designed for this demographic. Sup Forums would tell everyone to buy a Galaxy S4 (because it has a removable back, replaceable battery and a microSD slot) and root it but the thing is that's just not consumer friendly at all. iOS is designed for consumers, not tinkerers and developers. Android is the opposite; it's for people who have the time and know-how to tinker with their devices day in and day out for perfection.
iOS is quite nice. Android is quite nice. They're just built for two types of different people. I'd go far enough to say the only area where one is CLEARLY better than the other is user experience/care. There are no "Android Stores" you can walk into to get your phone repaired or replaced. Android customer service is non-existent. Android phones don't really get updated for too long (Android P is coming out soon but as of right now, only 1.1% of users are on Android Oreo), meanwhile iOS updates aren't even controlled by carriers at all.

Otherwise, it's pretty much a matter of preference.

>is the iOS experience as shit as people say?
Only if you care about having complete control over your phone and doing things like torrenting, which I do not.
>does the lack of customisation even bother you?
I prefer optimization over customization.
>what phone did you have previously (since if you had a shitty chink phone from 2012, anything would be a colossal upgrade)
Galaxy S4 with a battery extension, then a Nexus 6P, then a Pixel. Now iPhone.
>and any regrets about it?
The "ecosystem meme" is not at meme. I do miss some features though. Otherwise, nah, it's mostly OK.

>can't play webm on browser
legitimate issue there
>can't torrent
stop stealing
>can't move any type of file via cable
AirDrop
>need fucking iTunes to move files
AirDrop

Is there a way to upload webms on iOS?

>Is iOS as shit as they say? What are the actual downsides to it and to ex-androiders, what's the switch experience been like?

I got Iphone SE. Here what I like

>It's stable as fuck. Even on IOS11, i never had apps crashed much on Android.

>Fantastic Third Party support.

>Consistent UI throughout all of apps on the phone

>Great Customer Service and return policy. Buying Refurished Device from Apple is basically a new Device for a cheaper price.

>Four years worth of updates from Launch

> Iphone comes no bloatware, all of IOS stock apps except for shit like Garageband is compacted in file size. You so can buy a Cheap locked-Iphone, not worry about ad baked into the Device

> Battery life is surprising good

>Memory Management is crazy good for the rams it uses.

Here is what might annoy the fuck of you

>Itunes and file management in general

>UI home screen organization is a lackluster to Android

>Notifications isn't as good as Android

>IOS can be uniniutive and strict when it comes to setting up for the first time. Stuff that takes seconds on Android, takes minutes on Ios.

>IOS intentionally tries to be incompatible with anything that isn't Apple.

Honestly the price of a Iphone is worth for what it does, because there is nothing in the market at this point that can do what Iphone do. Android isn't bad, buy I'm not fucking pay 900 dollar Samsung device when a Iphone is better option.

iOS is limited, which isn't bad if you don't want to treat your phone like a hobbyist, and just want it to work. It's also reasonably secure if you set up a good passcode (mine is 25 digits). If you want to tinker around on your phone, then you don't want to go the iOS route.

>just werks
Yeah you probably never used one then.

>fragmented shit without security updates
iOS is actually more fragmented, funny you should say that. Security updates in android can mostly be deployed through the play store without an os update

I went from a dumb phone to a Moto droid3 in 2012. I stuck around on the droid3 for two months, then gave up and went back to a dumb phone until summer of 2016. Then I got an iPhone 4s given to me for literally free by an old friend. I liked it. When support ceased, got a 6S for dirt cheap on ebay.

I'm sure android has improved since Gingerbread, but the experience with Gingerbread was so bad that I was completely unwilling to ever give them another chance.

I'm gay and you will never find me with a faggot ass iphone

You're the guy who posted on /spg/?

Funny you say that because iOS is widely regarded as more secure by everyone that does vulnerability research

Literally worst samsung galaxy.

>stop stealing
((()))

You can download manga readers from f-droid that come preconfigured with e-hentai as a source.

Also you're buying an old iphone, apple raeps those with their os updates. Good luck having to buy a new one in a year :^) plus no webms.
And If you ever want to customize anything ever, or like actually do things with your phone instead of just using it to get catfished by a 56 year old indian man with psoriasis on tinder you should choose android.

Attached: 1519162581736.jpg (1280x960, 226K)