Does wifi pose health risks?

From what I've read, the consensus seems to be 'no', but there might be a small number of studies saying 'yes'. What do you say, Sup Forums?

Attached: 435370-trendnet-ac2600-streamboost-mu-mimo-wifi-router-tew-827dru.jpg (810x456, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bioinitiative.org/report/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/sec06_2012_genetic_effects_non-ionizing.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

the radiation given off by wifi is harmless, even to rats

scientific studies are usually run to a p value of 0.05. that means there's a 95% chance that what the study found is actually the case. in other words if you run 100 studies you can find some that support the wrong conclusion by chance.

we know its the wrong conclusion, actually. wi-fi can't hurt you. Its non-ionizing radiation. It doesn't have enough energy to do damage. It never will. if it did, it would be in the UV, X-ray, or gamma bands. it isn't, it's microwaves. Hard radiation does damage because its energy is above the minimum threshold needed to break chemical bonds. Microwaves from your router are far below that level.

>only no ionizing causes damage
Yeah tell me that when you learn rotational vibrational energies of water falls in microwave spectrum. And of course infrared damages your body due to heat

you wouldn't be allowed to know if it did

>there might be a small number of studies saying 'yes'
well, are there or aren't there?

From what I can tell, there are. See this, for example:
bioinitiative.org/report/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/sec06_2012_genetic_effects_non-ionizing.pdf

>Bioinitative.org
Dude stop.
If you're not trolling and you don't know anything about them or their "research," it's complete trash made by a bunch of quacks.

I'm not trolling, I just want to know what the truth is. I'm no expert, that's for sure.

The truth is there's zero concrete evidence for any negative or positive health effects, but there's more than enough frauds, quacks, and gullible hypochrondiacs with an axe to grind to spread myths and make people afraid.

Well, that's certainly what I want to be true. I would gain absolutely no benefit if I found out that wifi is dangerous - it would only cause me worries. But I don't understand the science well enough at this point to derive my own conclusions, and have limited time to wade through the work of others. That's why I decided I'd ask for other people's opinions.

In my opinion, we're all perfectly safe from wifi signals.
The things carried on or away by those signals though are an entirely different matter.

It's well-understood and harmless.

>From what I've read, the consensus seems to be 'no', but there might be a small number of studies saying 'yes'.
On any topic with over ten studies, there is at least one dissenting opinion. That does not mean science is unclear about it. Sometimes people fuck up their studies; it happens, so you will always find some noise on well-studied topics. But the understanding on this is quite clear.

How about cell phones? Are those also completely harmless or is there not enough information to be able to draw a concrete conclusion?

RF can cause RF burns at a high enough power and close enough range, but it's not ionizing or anything, and the power level in your standard wifi router is too low to do much of anything.

It depends entirely on how you set it up. I could build a wifi system that would blind you if you stood in front of the antenna too long. Really just keep your distance from antennas and you'll be well below safe levels. That cellphone you hold up to your ear to talk on is worse than your wifi access point unless you also hold the router up to your ear.

>I could build a wifi system that would blind you
How? You mean by using a tremendous amount of power?
>Really just keep your distance from antennas and you'll be well below safe levels.
How close to a wireless access point is too close? According to the consensus of studies, it seems even having your head right up against one is safe.

Yes. If you dump enough power into an antenna, you can cause some pretty nasty burns, very very very unpleasant.

Last time I checked we don't use infrared or the band if microwave that induces the rotational vibration phenomenon to transmit data on routers so that's irrelevant.

Also harmless, for the same reason.

>How close to a wireless access point is too close?
None. You can stick one up your ass without suffering damage from the radio. (Damage from plastic against your anus, on the other hand...)

>According to the consensus of studies, it seems even having your head right up against one is safe.
It is.

5g will fry us

That means water effectively blocks microwave radiation, which is nice considering we're mostly water, and it's a seriously strong molecule that absolutely won't be dissociated by weakshit microwave radiation. So rest easy knowing the majority of 2.4GHz that hits your body is halted at the epidermal and dermal tissues, which are radiation hardened to defend against actually ionizing shit like ultraviolet.

And if infrared heating was actually dangerous (1W/mm^2+ level burning intensities aside) then living in a warm climate would be suicide.