Are Thinkpads worthless?

What is the appeal of a thinkpad?

I have a T500 and have absolutely no clue what to do with it.

Attached: wew.jpg (712x634, 227K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-6K6Cxi2DVY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ThinkPads are worse than useless, I would get rid of it

use it? that's just my first thought, hope this helps

A functioning computer.
Meanwhile the toddler toy in your pic would die from that.

Attached: 1520660594590.webm (1468x931, 2.37M)

I don't know man, I think that's taking it a little too far.

>he actually brags about being such a clumsy piece of shit that a spillproof keyboard is a major selling point for him
Guess it's convenient, you only have to pay about what your dumpster dive is worth in a replacement keyboard when your keys eventually start jamming from all of the choccy milk residue, provided the seal is even that good to begin with and you somehow manage to localize the liquid to that one area where the drains can pick it up.

>t. mactoddler

Attached: 1491953289106.jpg (1066x800, 256K)

Clean it up, put a FOSS BIOS on it, and sell it for $2000 on ebay.

What computer do you use?

I like being able to pull my laptop out in the rain and not give a fuck about getting water in the keyboard.

You buy them used for dirt cheap from enterprise and they end up having good performance and decent battery life.
It makes spending more money not worth it, unless you really just want to burn the cash. I'd probably get an XPS or Razer if I wanted to burn cash.

Attached: 1515726977990.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

I'm not even posting from an Intel system, dumb Sup Forumsedditor.

thinkpad liek water

MKTODLER MAEKTODALRA MRMETKMTAMEKMTTDDERKR

Global rule 6

>I post 'mactoddler' 200 times a day with my NEET free time
>I cannot stand someone making fun of me I REPOT U >:(

Kill yourself you fucking retard, after you report your own shitposts.

I didn't report you, I also didn't announce that I reported you because that's against the rules.

That's a funny way to announce that you broke the rule that you didn't break. Go be a brainlet elsewhere.

>t. assblasted mactoddler

If anyone actually cared about GR6 your boring shitposts would be worth a permaban just as much as the guy you quoted. Please stop pretending you give a shit about board quality just because your fragile ego was attacked.

Now I won't say it again, fuck off back to where you belong and let this shit thread die.

It's just a laptop. Use it like a laptop.

You realize ThinkPads aren't air-tight... right?

>presumably bought something out of impulse and giddiness with no idea what to do with it
>will probably make fun of 'consumerist normies' a few hours later

>cheap
>easy to repair
>fairly durable
>good software compatibility
>just works
I use an X230 as my main laptop. No issues so far.

Why would I worry about getting air in my ThinkPad?

Let him fuck up his shitty office waste laptop thinking its actually waterproof.

ThinkFaggots in a nutshell.

The funniest and saddest thing about this post is that I'm not actually sure if you're trolling or not. I think the average Sup Forums poster really is this fucking stupid nowadays.

Wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=-6K6Cxi2DVY

Did you even watch the video, you fucking idiot?
>exposed I/O unprotected
>vents unprotected
>tons of gaps in the plastics with no seal whatsoever
There is nothing about these systems that is even remotely waterproof.

I'm not worried about getting water in the sides and bottom because the rain goes on the top. Even if water does go in some of the cracks, it's probably not going to make its way into the machine, so it shouldn't short out. Also, all of the external ports have protection on them to prevent shorting of the external contacts.

I don't know, if you really have to constantly be on your fucking laptop in the middle of downpours that destroy "lesser" laptops with ease I think I would be very much worried about moisture getting in through those kinds of vectors.

My point is that the spill guard is an overhyped gimmick that really doesn't deserve half the praise and worship that the /r/tpg crowd gives it. If you like having it, that's cool, and it has its place, but retards who pretend that it makes them immune from any kind of liquid damage (or that IBM/Lenovo would have serviced that shit under warranty either) are fucking delusional.

see

>overhyped gimmick
Yeah, I agree with that.
>constantly be on your fucking laptop in the middle of downpours
Nah, it's not that often, but it's peace of mind when I am in the rain, and I don't have to worry about getting water in my laptop.

I need a memepad for light audio work and long battery life. Which model should I get ?

>I have a T500 and have absolutely no clue what to do with it.
Same if you had an Etch-a-Sketch. No clue.

I mean, it depends what screen size, budget, and how old you're willing to go.
I will say though, that the DAC on my T440p is surprisingly good. There's no noise, the dynamic range is pretty good, and it has great soundstage.

Usual laptop with nipple.
Kinda overpriced, I'd better buy a bestbuy laptop good battery and CPU. And use it, until it breaks.

>use it, until it breaks
I'd rather have a machine that will last for a long time and be enjoyable to use.

I don't care how old or how much . I just need something and I want to stay away from other brands, I've had too many shit tops die on me.

Check with the /tpg/ thread, there's some good info in the OP.

See what? A deleted Sup Forumseddit shitpost? No thanks.
For sure. There’s definitely nothing wrong with a little extra protection.

> that will last for a long time
I've Packard Bell with AMD Phenom II X4 CPU and AMD graphics, it costed me 400$ or so in 2010-2011. Still going strong, still can buy parts battery and keyboards.
Yes, keyboard is not as sharp as on Thinkpad, and touchpad isn't Apple-level, but it is not annoying either. I can live with it.
> be enjoyable to use.
What is more enjoyable: have two average 500$ laptops (one is old with Core 2 Duo, and one is new with Core i5), or have one old excellent with Core 2 Duo (or Quad) for 1000$?

>400$
more like 600$.
> 500$ laptops
For 600$
> for 1000$?
For 1200$
fix.