/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: 1317362.jpg (1440x900, 474K)

Other urls found in this thread:

audio-technica.com/cms/accessories/47ddd406298c56a7/index.html
my.mixtape.moe/tnlzce.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/lsgrrb.mp3
coop.com.au/c/shop/technology/headphones/f/sort/price-asc/
sites.google.com/view/headphoneadvice/open-back-headphones/category-200-500
youtube.com/watch?v=SKmSYLlsP8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i want to FUG migu

I want to fuck the user who wants to fuck things that don't exist.

what is the second best way to determine which gear to buy besides vanity?

is this true?

Attached: 1521413407171.png (857x1202, 898K)

Those feet look so innocent and sexy

i want to sug migu's toes

>looks god
kami-sama

Attached: praise.jpg (1512x1072, 67K)

idol Trash here.
what's Your setup Like, user?

Attached: 1512589422671.png (936x526, 15K)

Both of you suck my toes

How do I fix this shit? Any good pads that don't cost like $50?

Attached: IMG_20180319_130036.jpg (2976x3968, 1.57M)

audio-technica.com/cms/accessories/47ddd406298c56a7/index.html
Official pads are $25.

You were linked good pads in the previous thread and they were $30.

These will end up just like the ones he has now.
>spend $25 on pads that'll flake the same way the has now
>spend $30 on soft, luxurious, durable sheepskin leather
Tough choice.

Brainwavz Non-Angled Sheepskin are $40, if not just buy pleather pads and wash your face before using them

Heh, you funny.
Have a super rare mix of a song.
(more enjoyable with some mastery of spanish)
La canción del pollo (La banda del capitán canalla Featuring Elessar).mp3
my.mixtape.moe/tnlzce.mp3

Attached: 1499970167634.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

>and wash your face before using them
This will absolutely not stop them from falling apart.

Other earpads will degrade the sound. In the case of something like the m40x/m50x that already doesn't sound good, degrading it further is a bad idea. Of course, the better idea is not to buy pads but to get a really good pair of headphones. The crowds who keep on thinking it was a smart buy to get a m40x and buy some brainwavz sheepskin really disgust me.

Anyone besides me using ear pad covers? I got replacement ear pads and I want to preserve them like new.

Attached: ear_055_100.png (1200x800, 529K)

>not using your ear pad covers with your superior ma900

Attached: support_mdr-ma900_07.jpg (1500x1000, 270K)

You will never preserve earpads. Although pleather is the worst and the type that damages faster, all earpads will die because the foam will flatten and the sound signature of the headphone will significantly change after enough damage. Even velour ear pads like that of HD600 and DT880 need to be replaced at some point.

What. Why won't you submit to my anime toes already?!

Earpad rolling will always change the sound but not necessarily for the worse. Also, the Auray sheepskin pads shouldn't change the sound that much at all compared to, say, velour or cloth pads.

>to my anime toes
you don't have anime toes

To make up for that crap, some good old
Megumi Hayashibara - Tales of Phantasia.mp3
my.mixtape.moe/lsgrrb.mp3

Attached: 1510461877740.png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

The M series is especially problematic because it has a treble problem. One that AT engineers out by putting highly treble damping material on the part of the pad that touches the driver. It's something you don't see on their actually good headphones, like the MSR7.
It's not impossible to keep a decent sound with third party replacements but you need to be aware of this and to do something like stuffing toilet paper.

Buy not costing 50 dollars I was exaggerating. I meant doesn't cost a stupid amount for what is basically just foam with something covering in it, which to me shouldn't cost that much.

stitch it (((yourself)))

Or just, you know, use EQ.

It appears if you require employment more than you require earpads. You have a major problem when $30 is even an issue.

Closed headphones should be able to sound decent without EQ IMHO. That's because half their purpose is portability and phones have shit EQ. Oh, I know some of you are autistic enough to carry both a phone AND a DAP but that doesn't fly with more normal people.

I'm pretty sure both Android and iOS have parametric EQ.

are the hd600's as good as you guys say or are there better alternatives out there

90% of HD600s posters are shitposting.

Unironically the best headphones in the world. 100% of anti-HD600 posters are shitposting.

Attached: hd600frequencyresponse.png (630x489, 30K)

coop.com.au/c/shop/technology/headphones/f/sort/price-asc/

Are any of the

iOS has no system wide EQ that you can control. If there's any parametric EQ for it, it will be in a third party music player and unusable with music streaming services.
Android has one but it requires rooting.

sites.google.com/view/headphoneadvice/open-back-headphones/category-200-500
Notice how only one of the headphones on this page are listed as "neutral, neutral, neutral." Notice which headphone this is. Yep. The headphone is heavily trolled here because it is popular and Sup Forums hates popular things, but it really is the bee's knees.

Streaming is for normies anyways.

r/headphones
Go back to plebbit.

HD600s are heavily trolled because the shitposters spam it 24/7
>I need a pair of closed back headphones, what can you recommend?
>LOL HD600s!

>I need a pair of closed back headphones, what can you recommend?
>LOL HD600s!
This is always false-flagging.

Also because they are the only people who claim there is such a thing as
>the best headphone in the world
Which is absolute nonsense.
No other headphone or brand has that kind of bullshit follower. You don't hear people who own a LCD4 that they are "the best headphone in the world".
Stax fags come close to HD600 fags though. EARSPEAKER-DA!

HD600 are pure distilled fidelity with infinite scaling

>[HD600fags] are the only people who claim there is such a thing as the best headphone in the world
Well, yeah, because HD600 are the only best headphone in the world. Duh.

Unvarnished audio bliss, too.

did anybody here actually buy the topping d50

looking for impressions from someone who wasn't sent a review unit

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1400x1400, 79K)

just buy it and give us your impressions

scary

Stop

you are like baby

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-03-18 19-30-06.png (671x228, 15K)

>Reddit
Kek. The home of Soyheiser and Schiit schiils

Also, why is the GE graph used so much?

Audio pours from it like honeydew vine water from God's own chalice.

>Also, why is the GE graph used so much?
Because Golden Ears are the ONLY people out there who use a graph compensation curve that makes the HD600 treble looks flat and the bass acceptable.
They never post the raw graph, only the compensated graph, and Golden Ears made a compensation curve that was pretty much based on the HD600 in the first place.

Depends on whether you think engraved cartoon waifus look god on your desk

Because GE is the most credible headphone measurement website with the most credible compensation curve, despite dishonest shitposters' attempts to discredit them.

>Probably going to get that THX Amp
>Looking to pair it with the Topping D50
It will be such an ugly stack

Heh, and just like god, your "perfect headphone" doesn't exist

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 4K)

if you get the THX just wait, they are coming out with a DAC to pair with it that isn't that dinky sdac

What makes them and the outdated graph credible?

Yeah, this.

Heh, and much like the credibility of GE and the HD 600's bass, the answer is nothing

Attached: BOH-3814_1.jpg (1200x1200, 98K)

youtube.com/watch?v=SKmSYLlsP8U

just get the black d50 and it won't look too bad

Attached: top.jpg (1400x1400, 77K)

Saw that. I do like the look of the sdac paired with it, though who knows when they'll come out with a dac specifically for it. All they said was "soon".
Would most likely get the black, though it's a shame. Would like to have the silver.

I just noticed there's a hires sticker. I would peel that off so quickly even your mother would comment on how much quick I was

it just came out on ebay
i'm personally waiting for it to drop on massdrop

There's a hires sticker on almost anything that was designed or built in the past year.

Attached: s-l225.jpg (169x225, 9K)

>HD600 the sound mattress
I think he meant
>HD600 the kitchen countertop

are they coming out with a standalone DAC or is it a combo unit like they did with the liquid carbon?

its on aliexpress too for cheaper but yeah massdrop is ideal. hate dealing direct with chinks

>>HD600 the sound mattress
Heh, since it sounds veiled and muffled

Attached: IJ557_1.jpg (1200x1200, 90K)

tfw you already spent $700 for the cavalli + THX so you can stack them and there's a dac on the way

Attached: 1491190631462.jpg (300x300, 15K)

Nobody knows. Most likely the same chassis but with just outputs on the back.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a massdrop x topping. the d50 could have had balanced outputs and a remote if it had a bigger chassis. if they do make a dac in the massdrop chassis that's probably what it will be. but yeah nobody knows

Anyone know?

i would guess it would be a balanced DAC by Grace Design, probably a dual mono sdac that can do DSD at $300

>With about 15 hours on the Hugo 2 I’m sure my impressions will grow, and probably change a bit as I get more head time and experience with it, but right now I’m very, very impressed. To my ears it’s an obvious improvement in almost all of the normal categories: imaging, soundstage, layering, resolve, clarity. Beyond all of these improvements, though, is something that I’m having a hard time explaining.

>The best analogy I’ve been able to think of so far is that it’s as if the waveform has had tiny missing gaps in it this whole time and the Hugo 2 came along and filled these gaps. The reason I’m having a hard time describing what I’m hearing is because some of the adjectives I want to use are a bit at odds with each other; it’s extremely engaging and dynamic, but smooth and easy all at the same time.

Congrats! I've been eyeing the Hugo 2. You're probably hearing the difference due to the increased taps. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but according to Chord marketing, it presents a smoother waveform through increased sampling, or something like that. I haven't been able to hear a difference between the Mojo and Hugo 2, but then again, I haven't really auditioned the Hugo 2 for an appreciable length of time.

>it’s as if the waveform has had tiny missing gaps in it this whole time and the Hugo 2 came along and filled these gaps.
probably is telling the truth desu. probably went from a shitty audiophile dac that measures like poop to a chord which doesn't measure like shit but still is way overpriced

>still not titled HD 600 general in OP

I was running a Bimby/Asgard 2 stack as my desktop chain and the Mojo if I felt like having some mobility (mostly just listening in different rooms or out on the patio – have to take advantage of winter in Phoenix). I was always happy with the Schiit stack, and felt like the Asgard 2 gave the Utopia some warmth that I’d heard missing from other SS amps I had tried in the past. The Mojo was always just “alright” to my ears, but after some experimenting with sources I decided to grab a Schiit Eitr to see if it could get rid of some of the harshness I had always heard through the Utopia, and the results were great. The Mojo went from sounding “brittle”/”harsh” to more like it’s always described; warm and inviting, no sign of the harshness I had always heard through my laptop or phones USB output.

What's a nice headphones to cut the noise out of my faggot coworker that keep speaking with his faggot voice (the kind of shithead who does cargo cult copy pasting then whines out loud why it doesn't work as he intends to).
No matter how much I tell him to shut up he "apologize" stay silent for about 10 minutes then continue to speak.

Attached: 1511359233886.jpg (480x270, 40K)

is this bait?

Attached: ohshit.png (680x681, 311K)

asgard 2 is my favorite schiit amp

also USB noise is a real issue before anyone makes fun of this guy, i discovered my USB ports are noisy as fuck after running a low-impedance and high-sensitivity headphone on my asgard 2, i heard noise when nothing was playing. good thing my mobo has optical out which fixed the issue.

>d50 could have had balanced outputs and a remote if it had a bigger chassis
DAC manufacturers should really use 2.5mm TRRS jacks more. Or pairs of TRS jacks.

Schiit more like shit
HD600 more like meme 600

It's real, of course.

Attached: IMG_6255.jpg (360x640, 56K)

Custom Studio, HD380 for closed wired cans, Bose QC35 for wireless with active noise cancelling, or IEMs like etymotic ER4XR if you're willing to go the extra mile and put on ear dildos, those block sound like no other things.

>when you're about to hit endgame

Attached: 1512808973001.jpg (1280x720, 381K)

>also USB noise is a real issue before anyone makes fun of this guy
is this bait too?? schiit has issues dealing with usb power because they are garbage. that's why you are getting noise issues. the fix isn't optical it's getting a dac that isn't shit
stop

Attached: 1484066738082.jpg (326x179, 8K)

I use an OL DAC with my asgard 2 you nigger. my mobo just has shit USB.

Congratulations on being about to own HD600.

I said endgame, not endgame for poorfags.

Could be anything from mobo, to power supply unit, to a ground loop problem.

i'm real close too senpai. but that's the meme isn't it? you'll never reach end game

Seems like you're hitting endgame for buyer's remorse

I have some cheapo IEM right now. I don't mind dildo'ing my ears as much as I mind the noise conducted by the cable (friction on the cable leads to huge scratching noise in my my ear).

user wasn't talking about the HD 600

There is no endgame.
That's like you'll finally get your endgame gpu.
Technology is constantly improving, and anything "endgame" now won't be in a year.