Is the video card famine almost over yet?

Is the video card famine almost over yet?

Attached: itshappeningbuttcoins.png (1298x636, 649K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/IdtntaT.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah if you want fried cards

Wait for nvidias next move in may/june

Don't help these miner assholes recoup their losses.

ITT we spread horror stories about broken used mining GPUs

nice try user but my $220 1080ti is already on the way

>yeah if you want fried cards

Attached: dunce44.png (820x729, 106K)

This.

Why would you even want a good gpu at this current time.

No decent games exist as of this moment that can utilize it.

>gtx970
>$300
>Over
Na-uh

All those second hand prices are ridiculous, the people reselling don't even know how much those cards were worth before and actually think this is realistic.

>used 1060gb 6gb still above msrp
fuck that

>miners have not only hiked up GPU prices but also stalled price drops for CPUs, RAM, SSDs, and etc
>we could have had 1080s for $200 right now
>we could have had 32GB RAM for $100 right now
>we could have had 1TB SSDs for $100 right now

Attached: 1514380938656.jpg (1920x1080, 306K)

All because somebody thought they could just print money.

Attached: 1520472371572.jpg (493x387, 56K)

>famine
mmm, deep fried cards

Attached: 643A6CF9-5679-4BAE-88B9-9B22332F6836.jpg (500x375, 101K)

>32gb ram to $100
this desu senpai

>No decent games exist as of this moment that can utilize it
Ah, the age old poorfag mantra

All but one of those prices are fucking insane.
Just looked at CL Boise and yeah there are a ton of GTX listings but all are fucking priced like nutters. I went to test the waters a few times over the last 3 months and I could get no takers on a pristine 1070 EVGA SC at 550. Prices I looked at today aren't any better with maybe one exception.

The shit will rebound before people are forced to drop prices. Big fat nothing burger.

Miners had fuck all to dow ith CPUs, RAM and SSDs. Have you guys even looked into mining? You go low power and poverty, you use the gpu for the heavy lifting and cheap out on everything else.

Wrong.
i.imgur.com/IdtntaT.jpg

It's just starting

What game is this

Semen Desert

>nice try user but my $220 1080ti is already on the way
Enjoy your $220 paper weight faggot.

Lmao no you fucking poorfags

Crypto is about to recover and BTC is going to un fucking ironically hit 100k EOY

Instead of complaining about a 1 grand card because you're a fucking poorfag pajeet, why not invest and get rich? I literally fail to understand this crab mentality

Video games are for fucking faggots anyway

Attached: 1520726284308.jpg (1806x2046, 843K)

got a rx480 gtr black and can run everything on ultra m8

Someone lost his life savings on imaginary money good job faggot.

Buy only at 20% of the original MSRP. These cards will die on you in a month.

That looks like absolute shit though.

Even in SoCal where electricity pricing is tiered to absolute insanity there are full fucking mining rigs for sale. WTF those idiots never stood a chance at making money.

It's actually green across the board today

>my 970 ssc still 300 dollars
Feels good

PAID $239 FOR A NEW ZOTAC 1050TI

AM I AN IDIOT?

Why is no one making dedicated buttcoin cards for cheap? Surely, gpus being used for that is less than optimal both in performance and cost.

John McAfee pls go

they are, GPU crisis now is not because of bitcoin

its because of monero and eth and all that shit

I'm 25, retired with over 13mm in crypto and assets.
Poorfaggot whining about gpu card that costs 1k

It's not a problem if you replace the fans, it really isn't. I can say this from mining for a few years. My nephews are still using GPUs that went 24/7 for years and they are fine. The bearings on the stock fans will absolutely NOT be fine. I'd make sure it's possible and easy to replace the stock fans on a GPU before buying a used one.

Get real, prices on CPUs and motherboards have not got up much at all, those parts are actually very cheap these days - relatively speaking. Mining doesn't help the RAM shortages, though, but it's mostly smartphones and tables that are to blame for RAM and SSD shortages.

>It's just starting
nah, it's as good as over. There's quite a few ASICs being made right now. It turns out that there's no such thing as a ASIC resistant coin, it's just harder and more expensive to make them. I never thought we'd see ASIC miners for ETH since it's scheduled to go POS. I know a few of you will not want to hear this and deny the truth of what is going on right now but a combination of ASIC miners and NVidia releasing a new architecture around June/July will bring a flood of used GPUs to the market and also reduce prices of new GPUs - specially on the AMD side where cards are going 90-100% above MSRP.

What I find retarded about the classifieds is that the 700 series cards are going up in prices in my area. They're not even worth more than 50 bucks

They're trying to trick people into buying them. Someone sees a cheap GPU among all the others, thinks it's good, buys it without knowing anything about it.

Never been so glad that I got something on release day, enjoying the 1070 that I actually got for retail

Attached: 1438639229544.jpg (638x477, 33K)

Diminishing returns kicking in. I can only tell the difference between my 960m and my mates 1080 when they are next to each other. Otherwise it is fine. Computers have peaked. They are powerful enough now to fulfil all our hearts desires. Unless you are a cia nigger bruteforcing an iphone you don't need anything more powerful than the i7s

I imagine by May, there'll be GTX 1080Ti's on CL for like $450.

Got mine for $140.

Why are you gaymer fags so delusional?
We aren't gonna drop our GPUs just because a price dump.
Even then, we'd just mine another coin
Even if it wasn't profitable, we'd still be mining.
Well sell ouR GPUs when they don't work anymore.

>it's mostly smartphones and tables that are to blame for RAM and SSD shortages.
Go away RAM shill we all know it's collusion so stop trying to hide it.

Attached: Shill_Post.png (491x491, 285K)

have fun selling the dead cards to other people

is your mom angry that you stole her credit card tyrone?

seeStay poor and whining about fucking video cards lmao

>over 13mm in cryptos
How many slices of bread can you buy with that?

I've bought a house, two cars, vacation home, and a whole bunch of other shit, including fucking 1k gpus.

Your grandchildren will pay for bread in cryptocurrency

BLACKED Desert Online

can't believe people pay current prices for RAM. It's also a case of voting with your wallet.

Attached: 1521348108181.gif (159x172, 47K)

i see your plan, nice try trying to get people into the matrix, cryptocurrency is the work of the illuminati to eliminate cash and bring on the reign of the antichrist

i see you glowing in the dark

This. I bought 2 cards from a friend a couple years back. The cards were noisy and hot. Thankfully i was able to get the warranty info from him and order new fans for free. Worked fine since aside from some driver issues.

You're a retard
Kikes hate crypto cos' they can't control it

you are the retard

when cryptos become accepted the central banks will roll out their own and ban any other cryptos

every transaction always remains recorded in the blockchain forever

so yeah, enjoy the mark of the beast

[citation needed]

And I mean an actual citation of research done by someone that has a history of credentials. An article or video from a place like gamer's nexus or the like saying that miner GPUs have a statistically significant change of dying compared to any other used card.

Cause I think you can't do it.

>transparency is a bad thing
Idiot

If you hate the kikes so much you'd see the dilemma here

They exist and are called ASICs.

So people invent new cryptos that can't be decoded by ASICs and instead require more general-purpose GPUs.

>Cards running 24/7 100% don't get rekt
Okay doke

Yo, that's a lot of cash, congrats if true.

They literally do not. Again, [citation needed]. A CPU or GPU that is up to stable operating temperature and voltage can be expected to last nearly indefinitely, especially once you get the early failure rates due to manufacturing defects out of the way.

The GPU fan is also not likely to wear out any time soon. At worst, it will become a bit louder after MANY years of continuous 100% use. These GPUs that are being sold on the market now are less than 2 years old.

Also reminder that the brushless blower fans found on reference design GPUs is identical to cheap blower fans found in a variety of household appliances as well as inflatable holiday decorations. These are rated for 100% speed for years and years of usage.

Attached: 41BRk-AEwxL._SY355_ (1).jpg (355x355, 16K)

they don't run 100% and grahpics cards don't die that easily. They use the same components in professional GPUs which are designed to be run much harder. The only thing that fails is the fans, which can be replaced

If the prices drop far enough I'm buying one for my LAN party PC.

Yeah, but they're also inside clunky appliances that are expected to be noisy, a dying fan makes the absolute worst rattling and vibrating noises you can have in a PC environment

spotted the nerd trying to sell his raped cards :^)

>he doesn't own his own terrorist guerillas

>Bought an R9 280 in 2015 for $250 CAD
>That old piece of shit is more than $400 now
Jesus fuck

Well, cryptos are still profitable to mine.
And as long as that is the case, miners won't sell their cards.

But, they will think twice about buying new ones.
If crypto prices remain as they are now, we may see a batch of cards that doesn't sell out instantly.

>I've had 2 reference rx480s for almost 2 years now (maybe june 2016 or something).
>Used them in crossfire for gaymes.
>Started mining with them a month later.
>Loud as fuck reference cooler, but besides that, no problem.
>Use bro's unused 1070 while waiting for Vega.
>Vega is shit, and fucking unstable in my system for some reason.
>Bro claims back his 1070, so I get back the rx480s in my system.
>Works like it's new.
>Meanwhile, put Vega to mine for the lulz, in another system.
>Actually stable while mining.
>Got a 1080Ti to gayme with my cryptomonies, with a lot to spare.
>All AMD cards back to mining

If you know what you're doing, there's no reason why your card would get fried by mining.
Well at least if you use AMD.
The reference design is always overpowered for the card at stock settings.
And you're running them way below that.

If you get a fan that makes a really loud sound you can just get a refund on it. If it isn't making the sound when you get it's not likely to start.

No, and those are still extremely ridiculous prices. Specially for used cards. And this is considering new cards are coming soon.
Gamer NEETs should deal with it already and stop shitposting.

lol remember the used 280s for $80 after the previous crash?
good times

Very few manufacturers - if any - transfer warranties over with used buyers

Yeah is op deliberately picking overpriced cards for some reason?

>new cards are coming soon
>They all get grabbed by miners

Attached: Sadface.jpg (724x407, 55K)

> we could have had 32GB RAM for $100 right now
> we could have had 1TB SSDs for $100 right now
That's not the miner's fault. That's smartphones fault.