Replicant or Sailfish

Desu, I dropped my phone in a toilet and have $75 dollars to buy a new phone.

I want a more free operating system for my phone, but I go to uni, and need to use groupme. Also kik is nice too. I use debian or bsd in all my other systems.

Should I use sailfish or replicant?

Moto G 2nd gen?

Attached: CoreBootX220.jpg (1920x1080, 500K)

copperhead

I don't think I can afford any of the devices that run it.

Nexus 5?

A tad over budget, but I could probably buy it. My alcohol and food budget would be gone though.

LOL I dropped my phone into the toilet yesterday too.

I'm sorry desu. Tbh, I go through a new phone on a average of 4 months a car every year.

I got my facebashed in by a meth addict last year. At least I might go to graduate school.

X220 has survived a year though.

Does anyone no if replicant can run some android apps. I already have the sticker, from the fsf.

Maybe get a slightly beat up one and fix it yourself
The nexus 5 had a power button situation. Maybe find one that had that then fix it yourself or pay 5 dollars for someone to do it for you

according to the replicant site, the newest device supported is a GN2, which is almost 6 years old. You'd probably be better using Sailfish

I was looking at the ebay used ones.

It is the time constraint, I am in uni. Also, the most impotent thing with alcohol abuse, is a reliable alarm clock.

Wouldn't be in college if I skipped every time, I could hop on a bus hungover or slightly drunk.

Attendance grade professors can go fuck themselves desu.

Seriously fuck those guys
Most of mine just tell me to come if I feel like it

Sailfish can only run Android apps in official ports. The Android runtime thingy has a proprietary library and Jolla has to pay Google to use it.

So you must buy one of the Sony phones with an official port available, and those are a tad expensive.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

I have a fetish for the note series, since it brings back positive memories.
Eh yeah, especially with anything programming related.

I'm in business, MIS, so management information systems. I had one professor that almost kicked me out, because I would just show up in the last 15 minutes for anouncements. I made an Sup Forums in that fuckers class.

Buis, majors can't into programming so like 1/3 the people fail kek.

What do you need more: Freedom or Comfiness?
Replicant is more free, but lacks hardware support even on most supported devices, where Sailfish is more comfy but have a lot of proprietary components.
t. Sailfish X user.

Your post makes me want to install sailfish now.

You know what i'll buy that moto Sup Forums.

Also I have a uni class tomorrow 200miles away and I am too drunk to find the door ffs.

kek, do it like a man. I' d recommend XperiaX, very nice feels after Jolla 1.

Tfw I can't afford an xperia X.

> Also kik is nice too
I bet it runs a non-free Javascript.

What country fo you live in?

America, I have this wierd relationship with my rich mom. Her brain is starting to faded on her. So I have to live within, wierd obsessions.

At least she buys me booze...
I hate my life...

I have unused Jolla 1, but sending it to you from Russia will cost me about 50$. I think you can buy something cheaper.

Get an. IP68 phone you retard

get one with "dim screen" and replace the flex cable for 6$, and you have a perfect Nexus 5. I've bought mine for 32$ (32 gig version)