Ω All are welcome here; the world is fucked and we are all in this together

Ω All are welcome here; the world is fucked and we are all in this together.

◙ Cypherpunk Manifesto >>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

◘ Cyberpunk Manifesto >>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

∆ Hacker Manifesto >>phrack.org/issues/7/3.html

± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto >>archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:

░ What is cyberpunk >>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.: >>[YouTube] Glenn Greenwald: Why privacy matters

● Cyberpunk directory: >pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH

▬ Cyberpunk resources >pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources >pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
>pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM

Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm >pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX

▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons >>endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

⦿ Shit just got real: >pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

S archive: textfiles.com

=== /cyb/+/sec/ News - for the world is more cyberpunk than ever. ===
>Adapt or die: How to cope when the bots take your job
bbc.com/news/business-43259906

>Brain back-up start-up 'will be the death of users'
bbc.com/news/technology-43394758

>How the street light has been given a hi-tech makeover
bbc.com/news/business-37522674

>Blackberry modified to 'help drug cartels'
bbc.com/news/technology-43425333

>China blending credit scores, social media, and an Orwellian government
wired.co.uk/article/chinese-government-social-credit-score-privacy-invasion

Attached: ThatSceneFromHalflife.jpg (1247x803, 66K)

Other urls found in this thread:

groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/alt.cyberpunk
textfiles.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Xanadu
nrk.no/troms/xl/fra-lek-pa-gutterommet-til-cyberforsvar-av-norge-1.13416459
ghostbin.com/paste/yrxn3
payatu.com/guide-linux-privilege-escalation/
bbc.com/news/science-environment-40669449
motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/3kjzvk/facebook-cambridge-analytica-not-a-data-breach
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077MFPZTN/
mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
pastebin.com/5XfDX4wL
bbc.com/culture/story/20180320-film-review-ready-player-one
bbc.com/news/world-europe-43463625
imdb.com/title/tt0083658/locations
reuters.com/article/us-schneider-cyber-attack/schneider-electric-says-bug-in-its-technology-exploited-in-hack-idUSKBN1F7228
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shenzen, China a few nights ago.
In case you're still wondering whether or not we're in the cyberpunk future yet.

Attached: ShenzenChinaAtNight.jpg (610x406, 56K)

Sup Forums threads are not a replacement for actual friends OP.

>OP puts thread title as his name by accident after fucking up the last one
gg

This picture represents China's state of thinking so well.
"Let's destroy nature to build more industry so we can replicate nature"

Ah the smell of smog. Sure takes me back

My dog's butt smells like dogfood.

Bumping this.
What your news feeds looks like, user? Are you trying to be neutral or do you like having some bias?

Also Last Thread : →

I seem to remember there being a mega link with a fuckload of /cyb/ related learning resources, and I seem to remember it being in the OP of these threads before, but now I can't seem to find it in the OP now. Is it in one of the pastebins?

Attached: 1515038949548.jpg (1008x720, 78K)

>page 9

What was? Video tutorials? Books? Torrents and other links were posted here and there is the FTP server. Also check /t/.

Books, I think they were in encrypted zipped files. It's okay though, I thought I'd deleted them from my hard drive but they're still there so I don't need the link now.

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity.

Did you put the freakin title on your name instead of the subject?

Attached: op faggot.gif (413x192, 1.29M)

From last thread
>I'm too young to have used Usenet, but am fascinated by the older internet technologies.
Usenet News still exists but is rather quiet these days. The alt.cyberpunk group can be accessed via Google on this link:
groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/alt.cyberpunk
The FAQ originated there.

>I've been going through the textfiles.com linked above and been finding the old BBS days fascinating. Any chance you either have a resource like that, and/or perhaps could give a summary of the tech as well as what happened to make it fall out of favor
I have copied a lot of my Cyberpunk library files over to the FTP site that unfortunately OP forgot to link to:
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

What killed off Usenet News was the combination of complexity both in clients and in infrastructure (for various good reasons) and that Usenet News was not meant to handle images that became ubiquitous with the Web. Also Usenet News relies on participants contributing rather than blindly consuming.

>and what was Xanadu? I love history.
It was hypertext before people talked about hypertext:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Xanadu
And many of the concepts are still not implemented.

This seems to be the topic to ask... So I'm currently in a course about cybersecurity, and we're going to do a small project about pentesting. Specifically, about privilege escalation under Linux. What are some neat techniques we could try, keeping in mind that we're all fairly proficient with Linux, but have no prior experience with pentesting?

=== /cyb sec/ News:
Entering military cyber security forces:
nrk.no/troms/xl/fra-lek-pa-gutterommet-til-cyberforsvar-av-norge-1.13416459
This one works reasonably well using Google Translate.

It does however miss out the fact the Brigadier Knotten hides a pun: "knotten" can mean "the button" and I am sure he has heard the jokes judging by that fat grin.

Attached: BrigKnotten.jpg (2000x1135, 275K)

change "jp" to "org" for lain in the directory. jp is just a stolen copy and org is the original and they have been trying to siphon out the current members of org since they threw a hissy fit, copied the db, and ran away. It hasn't been working but I don't like the idea of them being "not endorsed" yet endorsed in the community, when the original has been kicking it for awhile and getting completely ignored.

thank you user. I visited the .jp which seemed pretty cool but dead. You saved the day.

Also this OP has to put his shit togheter in a better way for the next time.

will we achieve cyberpunk utopia or cyberpunk dystopia?

Attached: 1508875603601m.jpg (577x1024, 52K)

ELYSIUM

We're already in a cyberpunk dystopia, just without the aesthetic.

both

this thread needs retooling
preferably by a different tool

Seriously though, how in the fuck do I get started?

I can spend days doing algorithm puzzles, but I don't know what else there is that isn't web dev.

Decide my life for me Sup Forums, I'm 26 and I don't know what to do ehlp

Ted Kazcinzky was right

THIS

The funny thing is 99% of people 1) don't know what that means 2) that we're living in one 3) cares.

What did user mean by this?

Dytopia is just arround the corner.
Internet of Things / 5g means complete tracking of everything. Neural Networks also got good enough to even recognize masked people with decent performance while cameras poppoed up everywhere. Over the next 20 years expect complete tracking of everyone.

He means that I fucked up the OP and the next thread's OP needs to do a better job

I'm 2 years older and in the same boat, user. About to get a cs degree. I like networking, security, Unix/Linux and some programming languages. I know something about everything but nothing at a professional level. And I don't have a clue what to do. Meanwhile I am studying resources found in this OP and other places, trying to learn something.

No problems really, we are well on our way. I like the summary of last thread's news. Just add a link to the FTP and you are golden. Fixing up the [embed] stuff would be good too. Some of the YouTube links are rather b0rken.
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/
There we have
- the main FAQ
- the sec career FAQ under ./Security/
- the radio FAQ under ./Tech/Radio/ (which supersedes the Sup Forums radio paste)

i'd like to visit china sometime in my life

at 26 and 28, you have money, so you can afford to get certified if you want to do security as a job. if you want to do it as a hobby:
ghostbin.com/paste/yrxn3

Page 8, folks.

>at 26 and 28, you have money
a bold assertation

If you didn't fail to launch, you have money.

Or you launched successfully and went to college and have a lot of debt and are working to make ends-meet to pay it off.

Not me in particular, I have money because I did not go to the best school that I got into. My sister did, and she is now in debt and working two jobs to stay afloat. She originally thought she wanted to be an engineer, but changed her mind in college and is now a physics teacher (and a good one). Teachers don't get paid well, and she has to teach sailing camps over the summers to get by.

My point is that otherwise smart people might have made poor decisions, such as being convinced that an investment in education would necessarily pay off in the end.

I did a PhD. At 28 I very much did not have money.

Also, what are we doing at page 9? Daybreak is soon here!

Attached: Daybreak_by_Parrish_(1922).jpg (3463x1999, 1.28M)

>cyberpunk utopia
That's an oxymoron

Education is always a good thing.
Unfortunately this world does not always reward it as it should.
Our system both undervalues and distracts from real education with the sham that is masquerading through our public education philos, as well as much of the college and university system.

China's CO2 per capita output is less than half of the US. They just have a lot of people.

payatu.com/guide-linux-privilege-escalation/

You assume China is honest about their emission statistics. That is naive.
bbc.com/news/science-environment-40669449
Also air pollution data is heavily censored.

They don't just have a lot of people, they have a lot of secrets.

I'm the 28 guy and no, don't really have that much money. I just never really got along with the social aspects of going to uni. That eventually got me into depression and made me waste 4 years straight without attending a single lesson and doing probably one exam or two. Then I started to get my shit togheter, working shitty jobs on the weekends to get the degree, I never consisered dropping uni for good, afraid I might regret it in the future, but at this point it feels worthless anyhow. I like most of the courses a lot, and it wasn't difficult to pass most of the exams once I started doing things right, I just had this feeling of 'I am wasting my life' tormenting me every day. Now this fucked up journey is about to end, and I barely have the money to get a single cert. Thinking about accepting whatever IT job I can get just to have the money for certs. Sorry for the blog post unrelated to /cyb/sec/.

Attached: 1511396000512.jpg (3921x2539, 1.7M)

In your opinion(s), is having some type of bachelor's degree essential? If so, I'm still not sure what major to pursue, if that even matters much.

I personally don't have one, just a community college degree in IT/CIS and two basic CompTIA certs.

Can you post them please?

Surprised nobody posted this already
>motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/3kjzvk/facebook-cambridge-analytica-not-a-data-breach
>inb4 vice

Okay, question for everyone. How do i de-google myself? Where do i start?
I have sufficient knowledge about technology even though it's not my field, an ok-ish laptop (pic related) and chinkshit android phone. I need windows and facebook for faculty and some gaymes.
Do i run the VM windows and use something else for everyday usage, or do i get 2 computers (desktop+laptop) and use them for separate needs? Which browser? Which search engine? How do i secure the Internet connection (vpn, proxies, etc)? Do i need to ditch smartphones alltogether?

Pls help, i've been contemplating this for a long time, any advice and source will be valuable. I know i can search for some of this stuff, but i trust you guys more than any search engine

Attached: spec3.png (656x517, 37K)

read the pastas in the OP. This doesn't mean you'll manage to degoogle yourself, but there's so much stuff in the OP to keep you busy for 6 months straight. If you want spoonfeeding you'll never suceed.

>get rid of google accounts
>dont use any google service
pretty much this tbqh

May I recommend 1337.no for email services? It is outside five eyes at least.

Decide first what your field is going to be. Cyb? Or sec?

thinking about getting into trespassing, is this a good recon drone?
EACHINE E58
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B077MFPZTN/

Attached: drone.png (585x555, 205K)

aren't you gonna buy it from amazon with your info and then do something illegal, right?

yes, I doubt the serial numbers of drones are logged and recorded then provided to government agencies - should I order off somewhere like ali express just to be safe?

if they suspect you, and get your credit card records they can track the drone back to you.
I'm not sure how much this thread enforces illegal activities, it's more aimed at personal awereness towards cyber sec to defend ourselves from modern society, politics and corporations, so unless it's something aimed at some sort of activism you won't get much help in here.

tracking, intercepting, highjacking a drone and/or his video feed is not that hard, so always play safe with them. Whatever it sees (his operator included, so (you) ), can be seen by others.
If you are that kind of guy, you can experiment with it and find out yourself.

Isn't there some yuuge new law coming considering drones in general, you need a licence to fly in the future or something like that?

if you've ever fiddled around with a drone before, you'd know they're far too noisy for just about anything.
At that prce tag, expect around 5 minutes flight time
If he wants to get into trespassing, a license is most likely the least of his concerns

You already need a permit (at least in some EU countries) if you want to fly it in crowded or urban areas. Don't know about upcoming new laws, it's still in the area of you-can-do-it-unless-you-get-caught.

>they're far too noisy for just about anything.
The ones available to the public

are you talking about those 3k ft AGL ?

other than that, there's no such thing as silent drones.
In order to reduce the noise, you'd have to use larger propeller blades at lower rpm - most drones already use the max length

I'm not sure why it apparently hasn't been in recent OPs, I downloaded the books from the mega some time in December, searched for mega.nz in the archives and found a post as recent as the second of March that has the link and encryption password, so here it is
Cybersecurity essentials/resources:
Reference books:
>mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
>PASSWORD : ABD52oM8T1fghmY0

Attached: 1521487227484.jpg (780x879, 585K)

how to download large files in mega without signing up to them and using the app?

NNTPchan is the real revival of Usenet. It just need to incorporate the use of images and it will be our salvation twicefold.

Try this pastebin.com/5XfDX4wL and go as far as you can.

Learning statistical learning for my honours project. Preventing botnet giants from seeing your data doesn't protect you from manipulation, as there are k nearest neighbors from you that are similar enough to build a model. Therefore, even though you protect you data (they) can classify and manipulate you.

I will analyze my own user behavior, detect when my behaviors change, and correlate them against changelogs of those applications. If I can't prevent myself from being analyzed, I will develop tools to show me how I am being manipulated. I will make this tool open source.

Attached: 1506319346949.jpg (652x489, 232K)

Good boy. I did this years ago, here's how:
>collect big list of hosts that are known trackers (social media, akamai, ad companies, adsense etc..)
>point them to 127.0.0.1 via hosts file
>run http server locally and modify .htaccess to always accept anything, and point to your logger script
>logger script will save everything, but mostly categorize referer header and cookie
this way you can show how you can reliably reconstruct at least 80% of a user browsing history, because one way or another, you're gonna hit a 'hosted' ad/share button for every site. Bonus points for those that use semantic urls. Mod-rewrite allows for even more passive data collection.

Which is better? Using the LTS kernel with some old grsec patch from github or just using the new kernel with KSPP and app armor?

The world might lie in the gutter but someone is at least logged into the stars. And that brings us to

=== /cyb/ News:
Or at least a review:
>BBC - Culture - Film review: Ready Player One
bbc.com/culture/story/20180320-film-review-ready-player-one
>And Spielberg isn’t just competing with his imitators and his 1980s self. He is blasting his way into the 21st Century. As his spectacular film travels back and forth between a dingy Orwellian dystopia and a computer-generated dream world, he stampedes across territory occupied by Terry Gilliam, James Cameron, Christopher Nolan and the Wachowskis, not to mention the directors of The Lego Movie. He isn’t just making this territory his own, but demonstrating that it was his all along.

How can I get into low level concepts like assembly, stacks, heaps and memory to great understand reversing and exploits? Feel like I need to go back to basics to nail the principals.

Those are all mathematical concepts. Try looking into graph theory? The book by West is pretty good from a pure-maths perspective (where I came from) and also good for concepts and visualization. Perhaps someone else can recommend a book more appropriate for your current skills if we knew them better?

>we can totally beat the gubbamint in a simulation they made
>i totally haven't wasted most of my life, and my lack of initiative isn't the reason why we live in a dystopia
+1 internetz, made me laugh.

Has anyone got any good sites I can browse at work? I'm interested in cyb sec and would enjoy newsletters from sites etc

The FTP site has a ton of documents.
After that you can look at textfiles.com.
Also the FAQ has pointers to relevant news sources.

We have been discussing sex bots here and in other generals for a while, and these have been staple props in Cyberpunk works like GitS for decades. So what is up?

=== / cyb/ News:
>Sex doll 'brothel': Paris council to decide on future of Xdolls games centre
bbc.com/news/world-europe-43463625
>Paris councillors are due to decide on the future of a business where clients are charged €89 ($109; £78) to spend an hour with a silicon sex doll, local media report.
Quality time, you say?
>Communist councillors and feminist groups have been calling for the closure of Xdolls.
I bet.
>Currently, Xdolls is registered as a games centre, but opponents argue it is effectively a brothel.

Attached: 27525_battle_angel_alita.jpg (2560x1920, 468K)

thanks for the new desktop wallpaper my glow in the dark nigga

which is more /cyb/, NYC or the Bay Area/Silicon Valley?

Attached: M4naJY18QceOePAvNp8pNr86eOI08HrFh9rpJlcejc4.jpg (1024x768, 107K)

What’s the ultimate Libreboot system I can realistically get my hands on?

Is the irc still up I have been wanting to join but I need an invite to the channel?

Maybe outerheaven has an IRC, anybody knows?

Is Hacking: The Art of Exploitation a good foundation for being hackerman? Is learning C useful compared to other languages?

Attached: 1500397740883.png (346x362, 178K)

Page 8, comrades.

american cities arent cyberpunk because they were developed much earlier so the buildings are largely the wrong style.

compared to namely asian cities, where the skyscrapers are all from the past 20-30 years tops. the fact that the older buildings have their east-asian architectural influence certainly helps too, since cyperpunk is inexorably associated with the far east

>tfw wanting to live in shenzen for all the electronics they have

That seems to be the chinese hackers playground tbqfh.

wouldn't be using it in areas with people also 9 minutes fly time which I'm fine with since I can just fly it back and replace battery

neither. In the US, try the locations for Blade Runner:
imdb.com/title/tt0083658/locations

The site fell off the net along with the guy building it so the RC, if it ever existed, is probably gone now.

Well then it's a diffrent story.
the fpv range of 30 m seems awfully low to me.
It suggests it only uses wifi to transmit the video.
Is self-building an option for you?
It can get quite pricey but you can use specialized parts.

the farthest I got so far was a little more than 2km with my inspire when the videofeed dropped

so he hasn't returned in the meantime?
that's sad to hear because he kept the spirits up.

He has not heard from for a while, hard to tell what happened. Seems there were problems at work but might equally well be the generic white dry cleaning vans coming to pick him up.

He wanted to secure the system but given all recent chips are backdoored that is hard. You might be best off with a 25 year old VAX.

Yeah,the preceding events were in the news:
reuters.com/article/us-schneider-cyber-attack/schneider-electric-says-bug-in-its-technology-exploited-in-hack-idUSKBN1F7228

Considering Maderas' statement to have conducted his pentests at customers' plants it puts the 'router with default credentials on the internal network'-story in quite a new light

I feel like nobody realises just how much filler-content on the web is made by bots. (junk articles, posts, comments)

This shit is getting out of hand and the normies think everything is a real person with real views. We don't realise how vulnerable our minds are until we see those close to us change.

Inputs become thoughts, thoughts become behaviours, and behaviours become beliefs. A bad actor needs only control 10% of voices in a conversation to influence the outcome.

Learn Kodi tools, learn linux (fish shell helps with this. Google it). Learn python if you don't know a programming language already. Set up VS-code with the python extension to get nice intellisense and in-line documentation. There are good youtube tutorials for this. Ignore the language elitists, all good programmers consider themselves language-agnostic anyway. At this point you should be able to find some net sec practice problems around the internet and use your Kodi / linux / python / google skills to figure them out.

The first project takes 10x as long as the second project and that's ok. If you get to the 100th project then it'll feel like writing in english.

absolutely non-essential, but you have to be dedicated to learn well without structure. Tbh if you already have a CC degree don't even look at CS in uni. It moves too slow. You can learn key CS subjects online and from text books. Spoken as someone with both a CC and uni piece of paper in this field. Real collaborative development experience (read:github) means a lot more if you just want a job. A good project to look at that's open to contribution is neovim.

once you realize it, you've become (((their))) enemy.

I'm from a country that holds their journalism high - yet every magazine / newspaper features the same clickbait and articles of our press agency word by word. we're worshipping a dead horse

Page 7 my doods.

thank you.
page 7 to 10 takes about 2 hours so no need to hurry
Suggestion: bump with /cyb/ imagery for additional comfies - we're an imageboard after all