He doesn't audit every line of code in all software he uses

>he doesn't audit every line of code in all software he uses
>he thinks open sores = automatically guaranteed safe

Attached: 1519434661857.jpg (3476x2048, 397K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sel4.systems/
sel4.systems/Info/Docs/GD-NICTA-whitepaper.pdf
genode.org/index
l4hq.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>He doesn't use seL4

seL4 is the world's first operating-system kernel with an end-to-end proof of implementation correctness and security enforcement.
This project is a mathematically-verified bug-free microkernel system that supports x86 and ARM, and aims to be general-purpose.

sel4.systems/

Whitepaper:
sel4.systems/Info/Docs/GD-NICTA-whitepaper.pdf

Genode OS, an OS framework that supports seL4 and other kernels:
genode.org/index

seL4 is already being used and researched by the military for avionics and helmet displays.

Attached: seL4.png (392x225, 11K)

Wasn't that made by the NSA though?

And what's wrong with that?

>bug-free

>And what's wrong with that?

Attached: 1520158465793.png (283x283, 85K)

The glowinthedarks will be able to spy on you easier, as they surely have put a backdoor into the system for such reason.

>mathematically-verified bug-free
Then why does it have UB in the code and why is it written in C?

so was systemd

If I need to walk somewhere, I don't look at all crime reports, statistics, and street maps to figure out the safest possible way to do it if, and there's no guarantee that something bad won't happen to me anyways. Just stay off of the bad streets, eventually analyzing everything becomes a time waste vs just getting shit done. "Safe" is a placebo.
Source code is still fun to look at sometimes tho

Open Source is shit anyway.
Free Software is where it's at.

so, free software isn't open source?

not necessarily, no.

oh yeah bug free software, about time i gotta see that in real life

so, then how can you guarantee that it respects your freedumbs without having access to the source?

There's a video on faceberg of a boeing helicopter flying, with the avionics being powered by seL4

No one said anything about that. I don't care about anything this useless and before you give me the whole shpiel I do run Linux servers and I've been coming to Sup Forums for five years so I don't need to hear it again

tl;dr
web of trust

www DOT facebook DOT com BoeingCareers / videos / 1167433693271186 /
"optionally piloted", so it was being flyed remotely, and they were testing to see if it could be hacked mid-flight. It couldn't.

Fuck the fucking spam filter

also, it was linked here
l4hq.org/

int something = 10;
assert(i=10);
something++;
assert(i>10);

>Wow! It is so much better!

Attached: solo.jpg (277x277, 22K)

Why should I bother personally auditing code I know 600 people have already gone over?

Attached: Untitled.png (640x400, 343K)

Open source is shitty development model which gives you botnet crap like Android with lots of proprietary shit added. Free Software is about freedom to use, modify and redistribute.

doesn't this run L4 on top of a Linux kernel (that is full of vulnerabilities)?
I don't see the point

Microsoft can't remove internet exporer from windows because rat's nest of code with only a handful of nondisclosure agreed people that are are to look at all of it.
..and open source is shitty developement model???? kek.

no.

>open source is shitty developement model???? kek.
file picker.

MATHEMATICALLY CORRECT DOES NOT MEAN BUGFREE

fucking niggers. i hate you. literally. kys.

Attached: hammer_angry.jpg (957x621, 90K)

>Why should i take a shower today if i'm gonna get dirty tomorrow anyway?

>He hasn't personally done the maths for quantum mechanics
>He thinks computers actually work

int something =:ping 145;
assert {;
ass=somet145 ping
}

So fix it if you think it's an important feature.
It's free open source software.

Attached: 1339550542725.jpg (450x420, 30K)

>0.999 is less than 1 so its 0

>shit analogy
I'll bite.
Every single software is any random value between 0 and 1 unless you personally audit every single line of code.

not neccecarily

If there was a backdoor in SystemD I think it would've been found already, considering the amount of people who loathe it.

challenge accepted?
but in reality who wants to do this
reading code is harder than writing

>>>/tech/

I don't use Linux because I think it's safer, nor do I use it so that I can audit every line of the code. I use it because it does all the basic office shit that Windows does without the crashing and forced restarts and it gets better battery life than Winshit on my laptop with TLP installed. It works as intended and pretty much does what it says on the box. I even use a patched version of Firefox for muh thumbnails. I couldn't give two hot shits about botnet or brand names. I use stuff that works. Windows doesn't work.

>inb4 macshit
It has a tiny software library, half assed POSIX compliance, outdated OS components, and horrible bugs that let anyone log in as root. You also associate yourself with raging homosexuals by owning a fruity toy.

Attached: Screenshot_20180319_195009.png (1366x768, 661K)

Is the license free as in freedom or cucked as in bsd

>doctor recommends medicine
>dies while personally auditing pharmaceutical testing
>not before trying Bill Gates' snake oil because he has a real good secret recipe, he swears, and the bottle is shiny too