Delete your account already

Delete your account already.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-19-17-47-34.png (720x807, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonexaminer.com/news/edward-snowden-facebook-is-a-surveillance-company-rebranded-as-social-media
zdnet.com/article/firm-facebooks-shadow-profiles-are-frightening-dossiers-on-everyone/
zdnet.com/article/anger-mounts-after-facebooks-shadow-profiles-leak-in-bug/
spideroak.com/articles/facebook-shadow-profiles-a-profile-of-you-that-you-never-created/
ama-assn.org/practice-management/hipaa-violations-enforcement
empr.com/features/hipaa-personal-patient-health-records-criminal-law/article/654196/2/
eff.org/privacybadger
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What account?

I keep it like I keep a linkedin account: So other idiots can message me if they don't have my other contact info
I don't actually USE them.

Not like it matters with a gigantic tracking device in our pockets anyways

The only way to win the social surveillance game is not to play.

I interpret Edward to be saying do not support these surveillance companies financially. Vote with your data.

washingtonexaminer.com/news/edward-snowden-facebook-is-a-surveillance-company-rebranded-as-social-media

never had one

no shit, Sherlock...

>posted on twitter
Hypocrisy is high in this one

Attached: kde.jpg (1000x1200, 611K)

Sup Forums is full of edgelords who watched Matrix one time too many times, and truly believe in muh capitalist corporations surveilling muh freedoms online.
Facebook only has information that you give to it. If you're dumb enough to post your sensitive information online, you are the problem.
And surprise, most of the people just use social networks for their stupid garbage—birthdays, child photos, money begging, etc. etc. It's called social interaction, something you losers could learn.

>Facebook only has information that you give to it
Opinion discarded.

Attached: 1475586311690.png (794x719, 415K)

There really is no reason to listen to him. Just anothet e celeb begging for attention at this point

Facebook is embeded in most websites. Having an account at all will track you everywhere you go

>Collect data about people for ultra-targeted marketing
>You targets cannot see ultra-targeted ads because they adblock everything, pay ad-free mode of FB, Spotify or Youtube Red or are fake data invented by bots and click-fraud.
>You company waste money and resources

EPIC

Attached: Argo 2012 720p BRrip ac3 DiVERSiTY.avi_snapshot_01.41.33_[2018.03.01_14.48.52].jpg (1280x528, 44K)

>t. facebook shill

Eh, I just use it for Facebook Messenger because it lets me keep in touch with my old university friends. Don't really post anything on the site itself. Yes, I know they snoop on those convos
There's no 100% avoiding data collection without going so far out of your way that it hampers your browsing experience. All we can do is make it a little bit harder for them

Attached: shrug.png (554x439, 132K)

t. NSA

why is everyone so paranoid about this? facebook only cares about advertisement money and I block all ads. when it comes to the government, if you're being watched it's for something and you're fucked anyway
if the feds have access to all your collected data it will only streamline their process but it doesn't allow them to do anything they couldn't do without it

Except that if you have a facebook account they'll use ip tracking and shit to link up your browsing habbits because of all the "facebook integration", like "like this" "share this" "login using facebook" etc, on every site these days.

Attached: captain-oblivious.png (560x397, 29K)

Didn't you read the news lately? 50 million profiles to manipulate elections.

I mean, you can't have security or defense without a "department of war." Military strength is a deterrent that keeps you safe, like it or not. Sorry anarchists.

Snowden workes for the NSA not me idiot. Fuckinf eetard defensing ex-gmen

Did this a couple of weeks ago, 900 normies whos bullshit i am no longer exposed to. Feels good man, did not regret it once.

This. Facebook like buttons = Shadow profiling

And still i am exposed to normie bullshit...

Snowden said, posting from his Twitter account.

Am i safe if i use Windows Phone 8.1?

Microsoft killed it right? The store is almost dead, I suppose they shouldn't be collecting datas anymore

>Facebook only has information that you give to it. If you're dumb enough to post your sensitive information online, you are the problem.
wrong

zdnet.com/article/firm-facebooks-shadow-profiles-are-frightening-dossiers-on-everyone/
zdnet.com/article/anger-mounts-after-facebooks-shadow-profiles-leak-in-bug/
spideroak.com/articles/facebook-shadow-profiles-a-profile-of-you-that-you-never-created/

Why?

I have nothing to hide and I even like that they collect my information so they can make me see ads about stuff that I really want to buy.

It's a win-win !

>he hasn't enabled the anti-social filter in ublock origin/umatrix

Attached: 1521307816380.gif (500x459, 1.89M)

post all ur accounts + passwords pls

Classic bait.

No, why would I do this? lol

What does this have to do with social media collecting personal information?

Nah. I don't actually use facebook beyond giving old college friends an updated phone number in case one of them is getting married and wants to call me, but my phone number has changed. That's literally all I do with it. I don't even get on to look up their numbers (as if I wanted them, I would already have them).

And it's not like the government couldn't figure out my phone number if they wanted to. Honestly, I wish more people would just jump ship to Signal already, so I could do away with a phone number, too. Just have it for a month to activate Signal, and then not renew at the end of the month.

You said you have nothing to hide.

Privacy badger mitigates this, presuming you can't be assed with Umatrix or NoScript.

I have nothing to hide from the companies.

Sup Forums is a company

>Facebook only has information that you give to it
You're either a Facebook shill or a naive idiot.

Not him, but companies are legally people with extra privileges (they are defined as people when it benefits them, but not when it doesn't, such as jail time).

Anyways, you've essentially said that you trust people with immunity to certain laws. So you should trust people without said immunity just as much.

>such as jail time
how do you jail a company?

That's why they are defined as people with extra privileges. When it benefits them, they are treated as people by the law. When it doesn't benefit them, they are treated differently.

I just asked you, if it weren't defined as such, how would you jail a company?

It was a trick question anyway, I know how to jail a company and it's done by freezing its assets. You just don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

I deactivated my facebook and only use the messenger, only talk to a few people there. I use Instagram for some pictures I take but none of them explicit says or shows my private life. I use twitter with a abstract logo and a stupid name, almost never post anything, just use as a feed to know what is going on in the world.

That's the point. If a single person pulled what Equifax pulled; not securing their shit and leaking people's info for months before disclosing it, they'd be facing jailtime. But because they are a company, they won't be.

Oh? Have Equifax's assets been frozen, despite what is considered to be a blatant and obvious crime? No. They might face some fines, but they aren't looking at their assets being frozen for even a month for each person's info that got leaked, despite the fact that, say, a doctor would be facing years for each person's info that got leaked due to his gross negligence.

Nice to know the t. snowflake is still shit posting.
>anonymous image board
>I must be identifiable because I'm special

A doctor wouldn't get jail time for having his patient's info stolen. The thief would

The doctor would absolutely be facing jail time for not securing patient information correctly.

Prove it. Name one case where a doctor got jailed for having info stolen

I don't have to.

ama-assn.org/practice-management/hipaa-violations-enforcement
>Failure to comply with HIPAA can also result in civil and criminal penalties. If a complaint describes an action that could be a violation of the criminal provision of HIPAA, OCR may refer the complaint to the Department of Justice (DOJ) for investigation.

Not him, but:
empr.com/features/hipaa-personal-patient-health-records-criminal-law/article/654196/2/

You jail a company by jailing the people who compose the company and were actually involved in any wrongdoing, disbanding the company either permanently or temporarily, and freezing or revoking all pending transactions related to the company. Allowing operations to continue while the beast just rotates heads is kinda pointless when you think about it.

>Just have it for a month to activate Signal, and then not renew at the end of the month.
And how do you propose using Signal without a data plan? Rely on wifi hotspots?

The doctor could face jail time if the patients info was improperly secured.

Yes. That would work perfectly fine for me.

so no actual cases? gotcha

>Snowden workes for the NSA not me idiot. Fuckinf eetard defensing ex-gmen
Are you alright buddy?

What if those people involved were shareholders? You can't sue individual shareholders, only the company as a whole.

Now we are delving into the problem.

I don't need to scrounge the internet for cases, when I have the actual law to show to you.

>I don't need to scrounge the internet for cases, when I have the actual law to show to you.

Did you read what you posted?

>on a person who knowingly and in violation of the act obtains individually identifiable health information relating to an individual.

This is about somebody illegally accessing data, not having the data stolen from him.

I've read what I posted. Not using HIPAA compliant tech would be considered intent to harm, because if they are found to be out of compliance HHS will not accept ignorance of the law as a defense.

Equifax was out of any sort of basic compliance. I know you're just trying to be difficult here, but it's way off the beaten trail of what we were discussing: Companies are people. If you trust companies, that means you trust people. So you should have no issue sharing your passwords with us.

>you can't sue individual shareholders
Why not?
> only the company as a whole
Why?

Got me, but that's the law. It is extraordinarily difficult to pierce the "corporate veil," and is usually only done when extreme amounts of debts are accrued, so that debtors can go after individual shareholders. Shy of that, shareholders are insulated.

I already did.

I want to delete my Facebook so badly, but I actually talk to people with messenger, and see the value of keeping my friends and family up to date on major life events.

I haven't logged in in months, and I block all of their tracking scripts, their stupid little "share" and "like" buttons, and honestly just want to be free of their bullshit.

I shouldn't have to break the internet just so I can be free of tracking from a service I don't even fucking use.

Attached: HURRRRRRRRR.png (601x595, 312K)

>Install uBlock Origin
>Go into settings
>3rd party filters
>Annoyances
>Check the "Social Blocking" list and the "Anti-Thirdparty" list
>Update filters

uBlock will now just completely kill those retarded buttons on any webpage. If you have something you want to share THAT BAD, just copy the fucking link and do it manually. I've never used one of those buttons, and I don't know anyone who has either

You don't have to break shit, dude. Privacy badger blocks all that shit by default.

eff.org/privacybadger
Just read the faq down below.

I have Privacy Badger you dork. But unless you When you visit a page with those dumb fucking share buttons, Facebook still tracks you.

>use Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to socialize
>Hookup with girls, talk with people, and get job offers
>Some random twitter account years later tells me that it's bad

OK, whatever. You go live in your bubble while I experience the world.

>privacy badger
Lmao

Also for anyone who hasn't already figured it out, the answer isn't hiding or keeping everything under extreme lock and key. They've been building shadow profiles for years on people who do exactly that. The answer is to flood them with garbage data so profile information is entirely unreliable.

Not who you were responding to, but if you're using any of those things, you're literally taking yourself out of this world, and into the virtual one. But, by all means, keep living vicariously through other people's devices and distracting yourself from something awesome so others can give you a virtual like.

Also, who gets job offers on linked in? I've never met a single person who has used it to get a job.

Sup Forums convinced me to deactivate my facebook like 6 years ago. I was starting to feel really detached from society, so I reactivated it recently. I cleaned it up a bit. Posted a new pic, unliked about 2000 pages, removed or edit some out of date or cringy profile info. I don't use it how I used to. No pinned tab. I check it less than once a day and I mainly just lurk or share other posts rather than posting my life story on there like I used to.

I did use twitter a bit during this time, though. It's less personal by nature, but I'm sure I still gave away some useful info. I also used a lot of IRC. Maybe not really social media, but it became my new social outlet. Where do you guys who don't use fb or twitter do your socializing?

>Some random twitter account years later tells me that it's bad
You're not even trying, are you?

I use a mix of nationstates, Sup Forums, Signal (for people who aren't strangers), and IRL.

that tweet is fucking cringe

What kind of IRL socializing? Work/school, or do you actually go out of your way to go to a club/bar or something?

I socialize with coworkers, as well as old coworkers. I also socialize with neighbors and more or less strangers. For example, when my local mechanic took a look at my car and said he couldn't figure out what was wrong, so he wasn't charging me, I came in with a 30 pack of beer for him and his workers. They insisted that I sit down and join them.

I've also gone and had lunch at a pizza place with my dental hygienist. No romance or anything, as we are both happily married, but we just get along well.

I think the difference between Facebook and Twitter is that for the most part, it's a public forum, you know the things you're posting will be public and readable by anyone, while the stuff you post on Facebook is for the most part meant to remain private for designated eyes only.

I like the people who forget that twitter is public. Looking at you, Spoony.

Attached: missing spoony.jpg (160x600, 24K)

Literally never had one.

>lining in an virtual, eternal echo chamber bubble with personalized news, ads and politicans
The world is outside.

Attached: 1521239293562.png (720x560, 115K)

So you're telling me those vaginas I put my penis in, those people who I went to events with, and those jobs I interviewed for ,were all digital manifestations?

Did you put your penis into an email attachment and send it to the chick to place inside of her? Did those events occur online?

As an aside, responding to craigslist "job" ads don't qualify as interviews.

Privacy hasn't existed for a long time. People are grasping at straws at this point.

Funny enough if you try to de-botnet yourself or get off the grid, you'll stand out even more and become more of a target.

It's a shame because privacy is important. Really important. Not because there's anything to hide but because the government isn't made up of some perfect God like entities that rule without flaws. It's made up of normal jerk offs like everything else. And no jerk off should have have much power over someone else because it always creates issues.

Well, to be honest, the need for government, while still there, is getting smaller and smaller all the time. I think this is why pretty much the entire west is off their rocker about Russia, despite the fact that it's been over a year and nothing is coming out. But if we start up the cold war again, then the need for government expands, because you can't treat a hostile superpower like you can a small business.

>*tips fedora*

Thats nothing new, everyone already knows that. Someone drone strike this guy or something for stating the obvious.

All these listed things took place in person, and were facilitated by social networking apps.

Having an account is not a requirement. They have "shadow accounts" for non users

Oh, so you mean to say that the tech wasn't required, and the actual events took place IRL. I guess what he said was spot-on, then, when he said the world was outside.

Attached: 1198784383399.gif (132x90, 588K)

Am I doing it right

Attached: Screenshot.png (720x585, 18K)

Completly false. Friends&Family give information out about you on facebook. You can't even stop it cause even not having an account can't prevent it as shadow accounts exist for that case.

Serious question... How do you "live" without Google's services or the other ones.

Even if you go ANYWHERE it's required. Going to school you'll get a Google account that's under your school's "watch" I guess. And you'll have to use it for everything. Of course it contains all your data whether you want to or not as the school makes it on your behalf.

Or when you go to work, you're required to have a Microsoft account, at least for Outlook. Most of the time you'll use Office but you don't technically need to log into it. However, they'll probably make you. Unless your work has their own domain email and software, which is probably much worse because at least Microsoft has better security than some shit startup company.

You know what I mean? How do you stay away from it all?

>Friends&Family

Attached: 1518679603907.jpg (413x395, 38K)

When I was in school, they didn't force me to make a google account. Is this actually a thing nowadays?

>Microsoft has better security than some shit startup company.
Can we stop embracing shitty botnets?

You segment your affairs and relationships. e.g. if your employer has Gmail-provided email, you use it for work, and only work. You don't send to or receive from anyone but co-workers, clients, etc. You never access the account from your personal devices, only from your employer's. Doing this is a good idea on its own merits, regardless of whether you're worried about some botnet company, because you should also be worried about intrusive surveillance from your employer. (or school, etc) They have no business knowing what you do on your own time, don't give them the means to find out.

Attached: redditors.png (626x424, 265K)

I don't know what you're asking. I use protonmail for email, DDG for search, Firefox as primary web browser, Brave as backup (when tinfoil settings are breaking something I need), Libre Offfice for office.

I have a google account, but that's so I can subscribe to channels on youtube and watch them on a roku. That's literally all its for. I signed up on a public computer, signed out, and then never logged back in on another computer. If there was a good alternative to youtube that allowed subscriptions, I would be completely free of google, and am completely free from MS.