Hey, this is your Uber (lack of) driver. Am on top of you

>hey, this is your Uber (lack of) driver. Am on top of you

Attached: splat.png (1440x2560, 1.19M)

Other urls found in this thread:

apnews.com/fc96c4ec74fc4f68bfda092304bea82e/Uber-self-driving-vehicle-hits,-kills-pedestrian-in-Arizona
stallman.org/uber.html
engadget.com/2017/04/13/uber-hell-program-lyft-drivers/
odometer.com/lifestyle/2324900/20-cities-with-the-worst-roads/#page=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Still way higher distance per accident than a hooman

Is no one blaming the dumb bitch who was jaywalking around moving vehicles?

Also... who didnt do their captcha correctly?!

Attached: mikeloco.jpg (1000x893, 378K)

oh fuck

what now?

>woman jaywalks through the middle of the road at night
>gets hit by a car
>somehow the car is to blame
????

finally we can put an end to this useless "tech"

Why the fuck didn't the operator hit the brakes? Just because it was in autonomous mode doesn't mean there wasn't someone behind the wheel

Self driver cards today are shit,just tesla or uber need make it believe to pleasure inversors.

Real self driving come over 2020 on industry and 2030 to average consumer.

Yes. Always.

This. Same thing for Teslas and there has been several crashes.

Holy shit, Arabs in Europe will love this.

Wrong. Pedestrians only have right of way at crosswalks and implied crosswalks (residential or town square sort of places). The reason why that unlicensed blacked lady who ran over the kid who skateboarded out into the streets was because he didnt have right of way so it was just a vehicular accident and she only got community service for being unlicensed while driving

>Uber suspended all of its self-driving testing Monday after what is believed to be the first fatal pedestrian crash involving the vehicles.
>Transportation Secretary Elaine Chaos also has said technology and automobile companies need to allay public fears of self-driving vehicles, citing a poll showing that 78 percent of people fear riding in autonomous vehicles
apnews.com/fc96c4ec74fc4f68bfda092304bea82e/Uber-self-driving-vehicle-hits,-kills-pedestrian-in-Arizona
Hehehehe, heheheh, good luck with that

She was a feminist so it wasn't a problem with the car, rather the car was the solution, the final solution.

Attached: Troubled People Map.jpg (1164x1000, 519K)

>78 percent of people fear riding in autonomous vehicles
There's more hope than I thought

> 78 percent of people fear riding in autonomous cars

Wonder what percentage of people feared riding/driving automobiles/trains/planes/elevators when they were new.

yeah most people are luddites, who cares they are also trend hopping bandwagonners and they will jump on automated cars when hollywood makes it cool

Am I fucked if I'm going to do a master in machine learning? I fear the meme

Attached: cdc449a0dab8a02c687a4e03bbc0c272.png (420x420, 68K)

Don't fear the meme, embrace it, become the Skynet that destroys the SJW's. There is no need for weaklines among humans anymore, let the machine god cull the unworthy and care for the sons and daughters pledging loyalty.

Reminder that the media is sensationalizing this, as usual.

The woman was riding a bike on the sidewalk at night and veered into the street immediately in front of the car. There's nothing a human driver could have done any better.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 1.15.13 PM.png (596x253, 243K)

DELET

Proof?

I believe him because cyclists are usually terrible commuters and from the scene of the accident. Also these cars have a driver on the wheel just in case, it's obvious he couldn't do anything either.

She attacked the car and the car acted to protect the driver. It was legitimate self-defense.
Proof in the webm.

Attached: DEDICATION.webm (640x360, 1.56M)

That depends on the state/county. Some states/counties have cucked out laws where a pedestrian has the right of way no matter where they are or how bad visibility conditions might be.

>Wrong. Pedestrians only have right of way at crosswalks and implied crosswalks

The absolute state of Murrica.

Good lord, no wonder you're considered 3rd World by Europeans.

>t. jaywalker

The fact that the media is referring to a cyclist as a "pedestrian" and specifically avoiding including any images of her with her bike isn't enough proof for you?

>cucked out laws
They aren't cucked laws. It's simple, if most people walk the laws favor pedestrians. If most people drive cars laws favor cars.

>Uber
stallman.org/uber.html

Yes, in the civilised world the drivers are supposed to watch out because they pose much greater danger than anyone else sharing the traffic network.

>t. Brit

Jaywalkers should be the one being careful when walking on a road that isn't though a marked crosswalk. Fucking bong

whats the big deal? lets go and kill some humans!

Actually German. But yeah, even the inbred Anglos are way ahead of you on the social progress ladder.

PROGRESS!

Kek upvoted your dank meme

I usually cannot stand le paranoid gnu man but he rises some good points

>he's a g*rman
even worse
the eternal kraut strikes again

>eurocums
>implying they can afford cars
>implying they aren't forced to take the bus everywhere

Good joke m8, just like your entire continent.

Attached: laughing animes.jpg (582x406, 36K)

>Walk onto live firing range
>Get shot
>The guy shooting at the designated range should have been watching out, not me!

This is why I use Driveher.

If a car hits a jaywalker, somebody has to be in the wrong and it cannot always be the driver. Its common sense.

the idea is to kill less humans, which is why we are trying to move to autonomous cars.

>>implying they aren't forced to take the bus everywhere
We can take the bus everywhere because we have good transit systems and our houses aren't 300km away from our workplaces and markets designed as such to cuck us out of petrol money like you Amerifats.

>jaywalker gets BTFO
So what's the big deal here?

Attached: 1521216625729.gif (270x188, 1.78M)

>the victims name was herzburg
>angry nazi sperging out in threads
Go back to your own country

Nothing. Fake News omitting information and engaging in paid defamation and disinfo again.

Attached: 1520116279756.webm (480x480, 1.93M)

What exactly is the context of that webm? Why is he stopped?

engadget.com/2017/04/13/uber-hell-program-lyft-drivers/

How is this shit even legal?

>tells Germans to go back homes
>also expelling Russians
>the two people whose engineers and scientists they had to kidnap, bribe, blackmail, and extort by the thousands to make any progress as a nation
>suddenly the nation is collapsing
I'm all for it El Goblino.

Attached: 1519415308622.png (547x433, 12K)

The context is that cyclists are too rash and also retarded by the majority to control their lanes, thus proving that they deserve to be mowed down in public.

How do you prosecute a autonomous vehicle? Who is to blame?

>hurr you need us!
>always moments away from being BTFO by a Jewish invention

Most law makers agree that the company that made it is to blame

I wouldn't use a self-driving Uber. Not because I am more afraid for safety reasons vs incompetent human drivers, but because I don't trust its GPS capabilities. My phone GPS will frequently give up and tell me I'm home already. I've had Uber and Lyft take me to completely random places despite me entering the correct addresses (and confirming it with drivers before the ride and in the incorrect location) in both spread-out suburban areas and crowded coastal cities. With a human I can have them guide me to the right place.

>Who is to blame?
Every programmer who had a hand in the software that failed to prevent the accident should get locked up for manslaughter.

lmao, underrated post

Attached: 1485217199140s.jpg (236x250, 7K)

>every relevant patent ever lists German, Eastern European, and Jewish people, with the occasional Jap and Chinese
>El Goblino starts losing everything once a single entity of the listed leaves
>W-W-WE ONLY NEED THE JEWS
Kek, the state of La Creatura.

Attached: 1519057818988.gif (640x550, 204K)

This. Imagine being so immoral as to work on proprietary software that kills people.

What are you smoking dude? If you cross where you shouldn't you're the one to blame in Europe as much as in Murica. If a cop's an ass, he can even fine you for not using the crosswalk or ignoring the traffic lights as a pedestrian.

That's horseshit, though, because it may very well be seen as the cost of doing business. Look at huge companies and how they pay off huge lawsuits and fines and just call it a day, because they can afford to with their margins being so high. And if they continue to use telemetry data and statistics to paint a picture of safety and reliability, the vehicles will stay on the road.

Woman was likely jaywalking. Who gives a fuck.

I knew that spamming fake answers into captchas until one gets accepted would eventually kill someone. Serves you fucking right google.

Attached: 1492457359666.jpg (450x600, 29K)

>t. el demonio de cinquentaseis por cien

>americans have unpiloted cars on the street
Wtf

>see someone in front of your sights
>pull the trigger nonetheless
>"not my fault"
The car should be able to stop with better reaction time than a human.

Attached: truck_brakes.webm (854x480, 2.93M)

>t. mohammad

>you in charge of reading the articles
kys

t. jammal dequon lebron

>t. Barack Hussein

Living in Boston, I am curious how self-driving cars will deal with our streets. Drivers are erratic, speed limits are a suggestion, most pedestrians jaywalk daily, and the roads are full of potholes.

Imagine a whole new field of professional scapegoats to take the blame for companies' autonomous accidents, you get paid to do nothing but live with the slight risk of being hit with manslaughter

t.

Attached: 8356ed49f4456b27.jpg (703x960, 94K)

whiter than you achmed

the fuck did you have to bring up femishits for

Is that Bóston, South America? Or maybe Bošton, Serbia?
I cannot believe you're describing a big city in a first world country

I would not be surprised. There are already weird corporate political non-jobs. I can't find the article right now, but my favorite is this one where land developers hire one guy to live in a new area for 6 months, then he becomes the only voting resident of this "district" and votes in their favor. Aside from that he doesn't have to do shit, then he gets assigned to live in some new development area.

Pulling the brake is the easy part. The car being driven by an AI does not suddenly make an ordinary car stop in less than a second when going at 60+ miles.

Does the car have a camera? All autonomous cars should have a camera, else I can see plenty of people just throwing themselves in front of them for free money, and there'd be no driver to argue otherwise.

el goblino de las americas....

Try again, la creatura

Attached: 1420549507276.png (1000x880, 223K)

What I do NOT get is that Road Police could easily give out all the database of road signs and actually pay self driving cars to check the presence, visibility and quality of road signs.

Instead of wasting money on sign and traffic light recognition.

Hey man according to odometer.com/lifestyle/2324900/20-cities-with-the-worst-roads/#page=1 Boston only has the 19th worst roads in the US.

I am in favor of jaywalkers though. Gotta take back our streets from the cars.

I'm from Serbia and i can confirm there is no city called Bošton. Maybe you meant Bostan which is watermelon

>whiter than you achmed

Attached: 1517748640336.png (476x401, 165K)

A woman in Georgia was charged with manslaughter and had her children taken away when she crossed a busy highway not at a crosswalk, resulting in one of her children being killed by a car.

I dunno, it seems like the best idea to me. What are you suggesting as an alternative? If anyone other than the production companies are blamed, it gives them even less incentive to create safe vehicles

when the fuck did brakes get so goddamn efficient? that's amazing

>le 52%

Attached: 1519413916786.png (1124x598, 203K)

The laws should favor physics and tell people that if they step (or run) out in front of two tons of steel moving at high speed, they deserve what happens.

Stop running from the truth, Mohammad

Attached: mohammads taking over yurop.png (459x525, 71K)

>Thread full of /vint/ idiots spamming their memes
>This one user is just amazed at the technology
You sweet summer soul.

There need to be more details to the story. Could the accident have been preventable? Was the driver at fault? Its too easy to jump on the car-blaming game.

>i was born a snowflake and not you
This is what Sup Forumssos actually believe.

Apparently many trucks have really strong brakes, probably because they are fucking huge anyway and have many wheels so they have a lot of space to add brakes to
I don't think a normal car could stop this well

If I were designing a city from scratch for AI cars, I'd put the cars underground in tunnels in places with no pedestrians at all. Problem solved. Surface city roads can be replaced with large pedestrian walkways that occasionally allow large slow commercial delivery vehicles through, like Pike Place Market in Seattle.

>t. jammal taconiqua lemelonique

Attached: 1520347726124.png (960x1024, 838K)

Nvidia has no drivers this year

Attached: Screenshot_20180319-150933.png (1440x2560, 464K)

>What are you suggesting as an alternative?
Don't put meme-learning vehicles on that road if they can't handle corner cases. Getting hit by a drunk driver is explainable, but getting hit by a flaw in an algorithm that doesn't even have consciousness is horrifying unpredictable.

>cyclist
And nothing of value was lost

Some company is supposedly starting self driving taxi trials here soon. I'm skeptical because most GPS systems can't seem to figure out downtown Boston's layout.
The underpasses and shit that block your signal don't help either.