Uber's Autonomous car kills pedestrian

How's Sup Forums not talking about this?
>theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/19/uber-self-driving-car-kills-woman-arizona-tempe

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/19/uber-self-driving-car-kills-woman-arizona-tempe
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-19/uber-autonomous-car-involved-in-fatal-crash-in-arizona?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_content=business&utm_medium=social&cmpid=socialflow-twittersuckniggerdick-business
fortune.com/2018/03/19/uber-self-driving-car-crash/
youtube.com/watch?v=si-RR-HnJI8&feature=youtu.be&t=19
cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/cycling-death-toronto-1.4135355
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How's Sup Forums not talking about this?
kys retard there's one thread about this

>There was a vehicle operator inside the car at the time of the crash.
Meaning a Human also fucked up.

To be fair, it was in self defense.

It begins

Attached: aviator skull.gif (299x240, 174K)

>- Uber autonomous: 33.3 deaths per 100 million miles
>- National average: 1.25 deaths per 100 million miles

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Check the OP's times, I was first, faggot

ban assault AI

is this a real stat? sauce?

It's a shame that not even this will stop them trying to take my manual and my right to drive.

> the vehicle hit a woman, who was walking outside of the crosswalk and later died at a hospital
>who was walking outside of the crosswalk
>outside of the crosswalk
so basically some dumb roastie bitch decided she to jaywalk and paid the toll

fucking based uber, one more dead roastie, 3.5 billion to go

see

>Police identified the victim as 49-year-old Elaine Herzberg and said she was not in a crosswalk during the crash
>berg

>Herz
>-berg

Attached: betterthan.jpg (1562x879, 133K)

>who was walking outside of the crosswalk
This is straight up false. The woman was clearly on a bike. Police said that she wasn't on a crosswalk, and the retarded media outlets decided to add the idea that she was walking without any proof.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 1.15.13 PM.png (596x253, 243K)

>woman
eh
call me when it kills a white man

Truckerfag here

In Pittsburgh there is an Uber compund that has a bunch of these driving around in the middle of the night in the strip club district and one of them cut off my semi while I was setting up for a backing maneuver under a bridge.

If they can't see a 14'tall 73' long semi truck with chicken lights all over it and all sorts of reflective shit why the hell are they out on the roads autonomously?

So Jews can make more money

It doesn't matter. Truck drivers will be replaced with autonomous trucks soon anyway and they'll be able to communicate and negotiate maneuvers.

of course it's not a real stat, you are in the middle of an information war

>being this gullible
uber has never had a single problem with their a.i. steve jobs and elon monk are the best enginers on the planet. this is just lies by big oil because they hate progress.

>the guardian

>t. truck driver COPE

Attached: 1511089730334.jpg (533x477, 22K)

Hit job from taxi/trucking industry most likely.

>Truckers will be replaced
No, user, you're dumb as shit.

The driving may be automated, the truckers will be concealed-carry and security trained and still be present. Just now they're guaranteed to be armed.
Someone still needs to be present for fueling the vehicle, managing paperwork, handling the loads, if the truck has a breakdown, etc., and most importantly if some dumbass thinks "Hey an automated truck I can just block it off to make it stop and break into the trailer."

Kind of like how any phone with a GPS can be almost instantly turned into a tracking beacon for the police if you get robbed.

calm down

Attached: military-robot-and-skulls-of.jpg (608x342, 22K)

>why the hell are they out on the roads autonomously
because most cities are so broke that they'll do anything to become a "center of industry", even if that means allowing untested dangerous technology on the roads

Yes it's a real fucking stat.
Learn into representative sampling in statistics. You can't know the actual death rate until autonomous cars score at least hundred or something.

>autonomous cars are safe-
Oh.

Not perfect but, better than humans.

They don't get drunk, they don't text while driving, they don't get to be 80 years old refusing to stop driving behind the wheel, or 16 and talking to their friends rather than paying attention to the road.

It really won't be hard for autonomous vehicles to be better than humans. It really won't be.

>>theguardian.com/technology/2018/mar/19/uber-self-driving-car-kills-woman-arizona-tempe
because it belongs in /news/ where it already is:

also funny how bloomberg.com downplayed everything and didn't even mention that a pedestrian was killed in the headline.

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-19/uber-autonomous-car-involved-in-fatal-crash-in-arizona?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&utm_content=business&utm_medium=social&cmpid=socialflow-twittersuckniggerdick-business

Roastie got what was coming to her.

>didn't even mention that a pedestrian was killed in the headline
What exactly do you think "fatal" means?
Also there was no pedestrians. Cyclists are not pedestrians.

They're coming for you guys too, prepare your asshole.

>imagine if they programmed the car in python and accidentaly refrenced a out-of-scope variable in a function
>mfw it killed a person

check ya code, kids.

SHe was on a bike. The cycle lane turns into a right hand turn for vehicles. The cycling lane cross the right turn lane. The Uber car obviously turned right 'into' her thus mowing her down. The problem is that the AI probably could not sense her next to the vehicle. The driver inside could not react in time to correct it.

OPen and shut case that the sensors were not designed well enough to dtect a cyclist next to it when turning right.

You mean Google's? You guys remember that Uber just flat out stole Google's schematics, right?

>man hits women with car
>oh shit.jpg
>wait a second, it's a self driving car!
>tells media outlet that it was in autonomous mode during the accident
>get off free

We all know what's really happening here.

>The driving may be automated, the truckers will be concealed-carry and security trained and still be present. Just now they're guaranteed to be armed.
Like the crew on trains? Oh wait almost none are due to terrible conflicting state laws.

>Someone still needs to be present for fueling the vehicle,
No. Or no once we get fully automatic truck fueling stations.
>managing paperwork,
Head office.
>handling the loads,
Customer problem.
>if the truck has a breakdown,
On call repair and road side mechanics.
>etc., and most importantly if some dumbass thinks "Hey an automated truck I can just block it off to make it stop and break into the trailer."
Truck calls the police to report a break in.

At best we can look forward to truck drivers being like harbor pilots once a truck reaches it's destination.

>Kind of like how any phone with a GPS can be almost instantly turned into a tracking beacon for the police if you get robbed.
?

who cares it's a shitposting thread

And to think they're wanting to start on automated public transport like busses this soon. They're getting ahead of themselves here.

Given what colossal idiots most bicyclers are, they need to engineer extra cyclic suicide protection into these things.

THIS IS WHAT Sup Forums GETS FOR MESSING WITH CAPTCHAS

>can't not hit people in crosswalk
>able to maneuver into dock with inches of clearance on each side
Good joke

>Uber =/= Google
Funny though, I kek'd

fortune.com/2018/03/19/uber-self-driving-car-crash/

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-19 at 9.55.31 PM.png (871x170, 38K)

IS THAT YOU TRUCKERFAG FROM /O/? HI!

UBER KILLS

What happened to these fuckers having perfect sensors? The botnet is pushed back another day boys.

This. I can't count the number of teenaged girls I've seen doing 60 while taking selfies, or 90 year olds who can barely see over the wheel, or some jack off eating while using his knee to hold the steering wheel.

I warned you about self driving cars bro

you are retarded and don t know how trucking works .
>customer problem
it s not customer problem , it s driver problem , he loads and unloads the truck most of the times
>truck calls the police
police arrives 10 minutes later , truck already got robbed , nice

also how does police check trucks , it s not like they gonna stop if they are automatic

What are Pittsburgh strip clubs like?

>tfw realizing these dumb machines soon will replace your job

how do you feel about this?

>fatal
what

Because we don't know the details of the accident.

People are dumb as shit sometimes and walk onto the road without even looking.

youtube.com/watch?v=si-RR-HnJI8&feature=youtu.be&t=19

Even if the woman was on a bike we don't know anything.

cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/cycling-death-toronto-1.4135355

open and shut settlement of millions and millions of dollars to keep quiet about this murderous AI

>kills a human
>it dindu naffin, the ai is a gud boi, he go to church everyday

ai is nigger then.

>The female pedestrian, identified as 49-year-old Elaine Herzberg, was walking her bicycle across the street outside the crosswalk when she was struck,

she was clearly asking for it

Word.
I've felt pretty threatened while traveling with 18 yo friends on the wheels sometimes. They're pretty reckless and nervous.

>cyclist are not pedestrians
fucking this, I hate city cyclist.
They try to act as both pedestrians and other car drivers whenever and however they feel like it and end up not feeling rules thst apply to either of those 2 groups

Why are there so many retards online who act as if it's obvious fact that current self driving cars are safer than humans?

>not making radars to fuck up self driving cars

>Thousands of car crash deaths a year nobody care
>self driving car kills one in total and everyone wants it banned

Because they are?

hundreds of people get hit by cars everyday why is this even news? just shows the car ai is as compitent as a human driver

Because they have been pozzed by Musk.

No, Uber fucked up, because there should be a dead man's grip.

>The driver inside could not react in time to correct it.
Bullshit! The "driver" should have had a dead man's switch.

If she walked in front of a 40 mph car then the car can't stop. I don't care if a human or a computer was driving. Same result.

>my right to drive.
They're taking our guns, they're taking our privacy, they're taking our children if you wish not to indoctrinate them school, they wish to take away our right to drive. When will this ever stop? When people realise they don't even have the right to leave their houses without government permission?

>fucking retarded meatbags kill each other every literal MINUTE using cars being stupid and being drunk and being on meds and being too old to function
>nobody bats an eye
>a robot kills some unlucky dumb bitch who decided to cross a road on a bicycle outside a crosswalk
>everyone loses their minds

hehe

>No. Or no once we get fully automatic truck fueling stations
in my country(South Africa) we just stop at the pump and someone pumps our car with petrol and we pay them. We aren't even obligated to tip. They also check your oil, pump your tires and clean your windows if you want. I'm honestly surprised they let you guys do everything yourself.

One day your people will grow up enough to be allowed to pump gas unattended.

>it s not customer problem , it s driver problem , he loads and unloads the truck most of the times
this guys right. It's your truck and you undstand it and know it. You really shouldn't be letting people fuck with the truck. their are alot of idiots. out there. Anyways yeah they unload themselves then leave.
>police arrives 10 minutes later , truck already got robbed , nice
yeah your right again. Having someone acting as security on board is optimal. It becomes needlessly complicated if you want to involve the police. That's why companies keep their own security and offices and such rather than wait to be robbed then call the police.

I warned u about Sup Forums pass from 2012 faggot

>80 years old refusing to stop driving behind the wheel
Don't they test old people for road-worthiness?
If they can still see it's fine.
>Not perfect but, better than humans.
They shouldn't rob people of the right too drive themselves though. The idiots that are doing
>They don't get drunk, they don't text while driving
that shit aren't really interested in driving in the first place so they could switch on the automation.
>One day your people will grow up enough to be allowed to pump gas unattended.
So you want to get out of your car and pump your own gas and clean your windows and check your oil all by yourself? I can also get a full valet for $4(exterior and interior).
Stop defending your cuckoldry

who the fuck wants self driving cars

It's like a faggy normie who obeys the law at all times and is slow as fuck.

t. speeder
the law is gay and I never killed anyone

Humans are outdated technology anyway...

>I've felt pretty threatened while traveling with 18 yo
You know yourself it atleast takes a good year or 2 of daily-weekly driving to actually be truly competent at driving. I honestly shit bricks with my friends but just act like i'm normal.
>keep quiet about this murderous AI
While Drones should be the number one war criminals in the world and they seemed to have been doing fine for a decade now. People will let machine get away with it.(yes, I know drones are controlled by humans)

>We all know what's really happening here.
I'm sure they have it linked up and trackd via satellite so they know whether automation is engaged or not. They would have thought of this loophole.

how does this differ from other accidental deaths involving non-human-operated machinery?

Only major city to major city truck drivers MIGHT be replaced. Essentially straight line A to B. Logging trucks and anything of that sort needs a person driving

I thought they were going the caravan route, where 3~4 trucks are led by the first one with a couple of armed guys.

We already had at least 5 threads about this faggot

>Police believe she may have been homeless.

kek, nothing of value was lost

i laughed harder than i should at this

>hundreds of people get hit by cars everyday why is this even news?
because people are racist against AI. Where the fuck are the SJW's when you need them?

>homeless bitch on drugs walks out into traffic
>car hits her
>Implying news

Attached: 2DE91060-6FE4-4A62-B67B-43940CC47051.jpg (1440x1080, 157K)

>I was setting up for a backing maneuver under a bridge.
So (you) were in the wrong in this situation. Can't wait for your ilk to be deprecated and replaced.

B-b-but user think about the gay dudes who suck off truckers at pickel parks. How will they make any money?

Attached: FB15C276-304A-4CA8-8EFF-9588E04B90AF.jpg (1024x768, 141K)

>Woman got killed
My money is on she fucked up and the car was not at fault.

>strip club district.
Did you make a, ah delivery? ALso, what is a trucker doing on a tech site?

4 Dollars? Man 3rd world must be a paradise.

>thousands killed a year due to humanity drivers
*crickets*
>one homeless woman killed due to autonomous driver
WOW WE NEED TO BAN THIS

Where's your evidence?
Uber and Waymo together have a fatality per mile rate 8x higher than human drivers.

i do driving is stupid

wow thats not how statistics work retard