Who will be held responsible for manslaughter?

Who will be held responsible for manslaughter?

Attached: uber.png (1135x939, 788K)

No one. (((They))) are going to use these cars to kill right wingers and others who oppose their globalist doctrine while masking it as an "accident".

Nobody. Not because of some grand conspiracy, but because the stupid fucking bike rider caused the accident herself.

Corporations are literally considered people in the eyes of the law so nobody actually responsible will pay any price. It'll be fines at worst for Uber.

I always think that only an idiot would walk on the driveway when they see a moving vehicle coming towards them. I don't trust human drivers, breaks or robot cars. It doesn't give you a warm feeling of "I was right" if you die from that. I cross the road when it's safe, no exceptions.

Robot cars are going to be better drivers than humans. Humans make errors because they lose focus and start thinking something else, which is something that robots will never do. They will always be like a very focused driver that's expecting a crash constantly and tries to avoid it. Traffic has very clear rules and it's pretty easy to load them to a computer.

>breaks
Whoops, that was supposed to be brakes.

But real people go to prison for manslaughter, people can't just pay a fine and not go to prison for killing someone.

Uber is at fault, no?

Who's currently held responsible when a manufacturing defect causes the brakes to fail and the company has to issue a recall? Same thing I would imagine.

The coder who made the mistake in the application is going to jail

Attached: 1422487227857.jpg (581x576, 104K)

It was an accident. Uber should pay some fortune to the family.

Seems fair to me

>Nvidia power self driving cars.
>Not being part of Nvidia GPP

Is this the current best way to murder someone anywhere? Can you fake it was an accident?

the family will try to blame it on Uber, Uber will try to blame it on the safety driver, the safety driver will try to blame it on the victim

This will kill the industry.

Nah.

Nobody. Didn't you see the tweet. Tweeting sympathy exonerates them off all blame.

The guy on Sup Forums that clicked the wrong thing on the captcha.

>Robot cars are going to be better drivers than humans
Well, depends on who made the car.

Nope.
Some bitch cyclist fucked up and rode in front of the car and even far away from any crosswalk.
As usual, soycycle users all need to be terminated from existence.

Nope. Uber is vicariously liable for the actions of its employees. As a legal person, the company itself will be sent to jail. Metaphorically of course.

Thats a good thing fuckface.

Attached: 1511009516797.jpg (852x356, 47K)

Im guessing the cyclist fucked up just because they drive like mad people, always crossing red lights and in general dont give a fuck about any rules.

>blames the victim of a car that should stop itself when it comes near obstacles

Attached: 1496984595606.png (550x550, 88K)

>implying soycycle users are obstacles that require the use of breaks and pointless wearing of car tires, instead of driving up the engine even faster to exterminate them

Attached: 1513720175595.jpg (675x450, 59K)

>soycylists are just as fast as a pedestrian

Attached: 1515007970126.png (398x436, 34K)

>illegally cross the street on a bike in front of a car
>get run over
lol

the car will get the chair. 2 000 volts right to the dome

Sending a company to "jail" should mean they cease business operations for the duration of the sentence, or if that's unfeasible they forfeit all profit for the sentence.

I actually know people who start dashing down the street the moment a semaphore hits green, regardless of any speeding vehicles in their vicinity. Their argument is "it's their duty to stop, not mine". Well no shit legally they should stop, but that doesn't mean everyone will do it and it's you who's getting killed, not him.

That idiot was probably responsible, I'm so sick of bicycle idiots flying into to the road illegally.

Nvidia

The software QA lead should be held liable.

why not (((him)))? he's the perfect scapegoat, it's the perfect crime

Attached: self-driving-car-720x720.jpg (645x381, 95K)

Windows 10 must have forced update.. THE OS IS KILLING PEOPLE!

>semaphore

Attached: 1518404712907.jpg (423x347, 16K)

It was probably the cyclists fault. They all ignore the rules of the road like it somehow doesn't apply to them because they don't have a motor.

if the pedestrian had a gun this wouldn't have happened

who is at fault when a train hits someone?

trains are a different story since they only travel on a designated path (tracks) and those tracks are not supposed to be crossed.
In areas where tracks cross roads there is always a siren and arm that blocks the road before the train comes to prevent cars or people from being hit. If someone still manages to get hit, then it would be their fault unless something was preventing them from getting out of the tracks.

everyone knew it would happen at least once

>trains are a different story since they only travel on a designated path
should we make a designated path for cars?

I can't tell if this is a tongue in cheek comment implying that roads are equivalent to tracks, or a genuine question.
Assuming it's a genuine question, I do not think such a solution would be viable in the US. There are simply too many miles of roads to be able to hardmap cars to.

Depends if there was someone nearby who pulled a lever

>big money
>killing right-wingers
>implying Sup Forums is subversive in any way
kek

please don't confuse amerifats with fancy words

did the car detect the woman and tried to stop/dodge her? if so, I see no problem here.

hell, I look both ways when a light turns green

being in the right isn't going to undent your bumper or unbreak your legs

they knew it was inevitable that someone would die, I wonder if they plan ahead for the # of days to pause when this happens

>yet another drunk driver kills someone
meh
>driverless car kills someone
holy shit

who in the fuck calls a traffic light a counting data structure used in lock programming

>field testing an incomplete and potentially deadly technology
hope her kids sue the pants off uber

Statistically shown to be less dangerous than human drivers already.

maybe but human drivers are held accountable for their driving. uber should be held accountable for implementing a tech it knew was imperfect, sadly though because they have deeper pockets they'll go after the car maker and could potentially kill self driving cars for good

True. Why didn't Uber code their own laws of physics for their cars?

Unironically nobody.

So you're willing to potentially sacrifice millions of lives for the sake of personal accountability of some random driver you will forget about in a minute after watching the news? Uber should be responsible for their cars in most cases, sure, but let's not fucking jump into soccer mom territory of emotional manipulation

umm, I think you just agreed with me. I too am saying uber should be responsible

well it's pretty weird both driver AND car missed the pedestrian AND it was a fatal accident. not blaming her/him beforehand but seriously... its some fucked up shit.

Notice how the article fails to mention if the pedestrian was simply being an idiot by running into oncoming traffic

Self driving bikes, when?

Attached: 9823948214.png (500x655, 95K)