I want to learn to code. Where do I start or begin

Attached: 1308114031001.jpg (648x595, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

Sup
cs.indstate.edu/~cbasavaraj/cs559/the_c_programming_language_2.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Read a book or something

Why?

Look for MOOCs like on Edx. If you think you're pretty text savvy, check out Harvard's CS50. Otherwise, just read book like head first python or something

Attached: 1492877389035.jpg (520x1187, 436K)

Have you tried codeacademy?

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 41K)

DuckDuckGo.com

Read the fucking sticky that's why it's there, or ask along with the other 50 people who ask everyday on /sqt/
A thread died for this. Sage report hide.

why u mad tho

Are threads on ths board so valuable now as to where you shit on a question thread that possibly killed a garbage bait thread?

You need not apply. This thread is shit by default by having a wojack

My recommendation for python is How to Think Like a Computer Scientist with Python 3. IMO, the best strategy is:
> Learn important, general concepts from a quality book for a grounded understanding
> Read your language's documentation for language specific/syntax stuff. First hand knowledge is always the best to possess.
> Try out everything. Go bonkers with an interactive interpreter, if your language has one (like Python)

Tutorials n shit are usefull for diving into stuff, but only rely on them for introduction.

Go to YouTube (or better yet, get a lynda account) and watch some beginner tutorials. JavaScript or Python, Java. Choose which ever sounds cool.
Try to follow along and experiment with everything you learn.

Do not go to something like codeacademy. They just spoon feed you and discourage exploration.

language doesn't matter, just pick something. i would suggest C++, C or Java since most other languages follow those somewhat. but it doesn't matter. don't get deer-in-headlights just pick something.
then follow this advice:

Why?

For your own personal interest, pick something like codecademy. That's bby tier but it will get you started nicely.

Also, look up Nand2tetris, and have fun.

For jobs, lol, don't fucking bother. If you are just learning now you are already fucked and too late, jobs are genesis-tier flooded with applicants all fighting each other by building more and more "projects" to improve their chances with the fewer and fewer jobs left.

try codingbat.

Sup Forums-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering

bump

Attached: 1521497055541.jpg (1318x883, 197K)

If you want to be a brainlet for the rest of your life: Java or C#
If you want to learn proper coding: C or C++

> go to repl.it
> pick a langauge
> google a free easy book for that language
> type the example in the book into repl.it

get a copy of the c programming language book
>cs.indstate.edu/~cbasavaraj/cs559/the_c_programming_language_2.pdf
read it a bit
write a bit of code
screw around a bit
read the book when you arent screwing around
learn the book
live the book
love the book
only when you have mastered the art of c shall you move on to other languages and technologies. they have powerful and more numerous features, but you will never use them right if you don't have a firm grasp of barebones standard c
every programming language is fundamentally an extension of c
all respectable languages have a way to utilize c code, and as such c code will be the most portable code you will ever write

Sorry.

not OP I know C and Java a little bit. I'm thinking of learning C++ so accelerated c++ or c++ primer?