Non-dogshit-feeling Windows laptops

Hey guys, I've been meaning to by my mom a laptop. She dosen't game or anything but I wanted something with a premium feel. Like the new Dell XPS, or LG gram. I'm wondering if there are any "good" feeling laptops out there for under 1000 bucks with at least 8gb of ram. Surface laptop felt amazing, good touch pad and keyboard, but its pricey. Same with the XPS and Gram. I've noticed a lot of Windows laptops have horrible touch pads and keyboards (Acer...) and just feel flimsy and shitty. Anyone know of some gems out there with a premium feel? Minimum I wanted 8gb ram, IPS screen, and 8th gen intel CPU's.

inb4 thinkpad

Attached: HOW TO TURN OFF COMPUTER EXPANDING BRAIN.jpg (470x960, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-laptop-W550s-Core-i7-3-20Ghz-3K-IPS-2880x1620-16GB-ram-512GB-SSD/401498749663
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

buy a thinkpad

Why Windows though? You said she doesn't need to game or "anything".

Maybe she has a job

Buy an x220, unless she actually uses the touchpad, the touchpad on these are horrible and I wish they just didn't put one in.

Buy a Mac. Microsoft ported the office suite over.

She like only uses the touchpad.

I've been thinking about this, but Macbooks start at 1300 and I don't want to get her something used. I know that limits me but women hate 'used' stuff, even if its a better deal.

>wanting a new laptop under $1000 that isn't crap
good luck

If she can get away with using Google Drive instead of MS office, the chromebook pixel is $1,000 and actually doesn't suck.

x1 carbon

For that price, yes it does.

*Pixelbook
It's an i5 with 8GB DDR4, any other laptop with the same specs would be $1,000+

Honestly not a fan of Chromebooks, I'd like to get her something that can run programs when she needs to. She is old, but smart enough for a real OS.

Well, $1,000 is going to be the floor. Even for a Windows laptop.

ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-ThinkPad-laptop-W550s-Core-i7-3-20Ghz-3K-IPS-2880x1620-16GB-ram-512GB-SSD/401498749663

checkmate

>used
OP already said it had to be new

Buying a new laptop is like buying a new car, it's a giant waste of money.

I'm not the one to argue that point with.

>buy a used laptop
>dies mysteriously

>pay $1000 for a laptop
>have to use google drive instead of ms office

I guess you're assuming his mom doesn't have a job.

I bought a Surface Pro 3 with an i5 4300u, 256gb SSD, and 8 gigabytrs of RAM.

If I really want to do some gaymen, I just fire up Elite Dangerous and play at a low resolution.

Either buy a Thinkpad or just go all out and buy a MacBook. Don't fuck around with Dell or HP rubbish.

I'd recommend you to look into used surface book 1 or surface pro 3. You can even find such with warranty. Here's my surface book with Nvidia GPU and i5/8g ram 256ssd for 950 euro and year and couple months warranty. If I can so can you.

Attached: IMG_20180219_131641.jpg (4608x2304, 1.01M)

xps line

Thinkpad. Good fucking luck getting a New non-shit laptop that's also under $1000 There's always something awful with them, HP is Shit, Dell and Lenovo is Meh. Acers die constantly. If you're into good laptops its always a Thinkpad or Macbook. The LG Gram seems decent tho. But (new) laptops? Go fucking all out you can't upgrade them.

surfaces are unreliable as fuck doe

> New Minimum IPS 8GB Ram 8Gen

>Sub $1000

>good keyboard

Hahahaha... You serious?

Used laptops which are 1-2 years old are already noticeably cheaper and, for business ones, often come with more warranty than a new consumer laptop would anyway.

ThinkPad. Especially the *40 series.

You'll get a rugged laptop that can take a beating, that has good specs for what it'll most likely need to do, and piss easy repairability in case anything goes wrong.

Whatever you do, it's always going to be better to go with ex-business laptops, or new business class laptops, than to go for consumer grade laptops. Consumer grade laptops usually are not repairable easily if at all, and they're usually made of cheaper materials and feel cheaper.

Pic related; my ThinkPad T440p I got for £150.

Attached: 20180316_105312_HDR.jpg (4640x2610, 3.34M)

Just get a thinkpad

My nigga
I got mine for £170.
Replace that fucking trackpad tho

Parents barely know what Linux is, let alone another operating system

I'm getting one on Friday, it's all good

Thinkpad X230 with Linux Mint or Ubuntu installed. Don't give your mom windows unless you hate her.

> windows and mac are the only options

wreck'd