Why shouldn't I buy this, you fucks?

why shouldn't i buy this dell xps 2017 (9360) right the fuck now?

Attached: dell xps 13 1960 (2017).jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-ca/store/d/dell-xps-13-9360-laptop/8q17384grz37/GV5D?activetab=pivot:techspecstab
youtube.com/watch?v=ATxR9FyBrVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

im sorry for calling you fucks
pls respond

It's a disposable product as opposed to Thinkpads. You can barely if at all repair them.

Botnet Intel CPU
Ships with botnet Windows OS

so what lightweight decent laptop with ~10 hour battery life SHOULD I get?

runs wangblows and linux is only good if your time is fucking worthless

12" Macbook. Or wait for spring and the new retina Macbook Air (or whatever they call it)

I hate the apple OS, I used to have a macbook air 2014 but I gave it to my sister.

Windows often might come pre-installed, but it takes much more maintenance than GNU/Linux.

Brainlet detected

having preference makes me a brainlet?
damn... i just want a machine with windows pre-installed and specifically for windows OS

Attached: 1484258788690.jpg (300x300, 22K)

Dell isn't a disposable product you dumb thinkpad poster, they make good products.

Link to the Dell service manual that documents every single screw

>uses Windows
>prefers windows

Brainlet confirmed

Attached: 1503935672026s.jpg (224x225, 5K)

Right now, I have a thinkpad t420s that I got for free. The battery life is fuckin 4 hours at best with the largest battery possible.

I just want a DECENT 13-14 inch laptop STOP bully

Attached: 1512698428997.png (403x448, 53K)

Ignore the autists that are shilling thinkpads. Buy the xps

thank you friend
i'm just deliberating between the xps 2017 or 2018, i hear that the difference is negligible and that the 2017 has a couple hours extra battery life since it's a bit thiccer

Thinkpad T460s with IPS display

it's expensive as fuck holy shit

3 seconds in google got me this:

topics-cdn.dell . com/pdf/xps-13-9360-laptop_service%20manual2_en-us.pdf

Dell provide service manuals for ALL of their laptops, Latitude or XPS range.

Also, if you have Pro Support warranty you get a next day engineer who is fully qualified to do any internal part swap outs. Anything they can't fix they just give you a brand new laptop instead.

I just bought the Dell XPS 13 9370 and it's perfect, super light, great specs and looks amazing.

If you can afford one then buy it, it's probably one of the best in its class.

I'm going to get this one if anything (xps 13 9360 - 2017)
microsoft.com/en-ca/store/d/dell-xps-13-9360-laptop/8q17384grz37/GV5D?activetab=pivot:techspecstab

The i5, 128ssd is more than enough for me. I always put in a permanent sd card to expand space anyway. For $899 CDN ($688 USD) brand new I don't think i'll ever find something better.

also, the 9360 has more battery life than the 9370 and that's more important to me than jumping from an i5 to an i7 on a work laptop.

Is there anything WAY worse on the 9360 that would make it a bad buy? I really appreciate your opinion dude thanks

latitude 12 is really good for me

16:9 screen

If that fits your budget then go for it, you won't be dissappointed. It's pefect for light tasks, but you'll want something beefier if you do photo/video editing or gaming.

Also, unless you're good with repairs, think about getting a longer warranty. It's with the extra $ IMO.

Kek btfo
But yes apart from the soldered ram(which thinkpads also have now), xps 13 is completely servicable
Its parts are very expensive though because """muh thin""" and """muh premium""" memes

>t. Xps13 2015 owner

I wish they just made it thicker to add more battery and replacable ram

Any decent chromebook shits on that battery life.
My Samsung Chromebook Pro gets around 15h of onscreen time.

yeah but they're basically the same price, maybe $50 difference between the XPS 13 and that chromebook...

>Ships with botnet Windows OS
you can just get the developer edition, no winblows, they throw in Ubuntu and give you a better processor.

I bought the dell xps 13 9360 (2017 version) for $680 USD new.

Thanks boys

Supprised no one brought up the number one issue with the xps 13.

COIL WHINE
O
I
L

W
H
I
N
E

Attached: merchant on 4chan.jpg (900x881, 121K)

IT'S A LIE
T
'
S

A

L
I
E
t. works on my machine

>chromebook
I can turn my PC into a chromebook by literally opening Google Chrome.

youtube.com/watch?v=ATxR9FyBrVw

I was going to buy xps13 but coil whine issue kept being the number 1 issue. ALso, they fucked with the backspace key.

Also its been coil whiney for 3 generations now.

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D

Attached: horror4.jpg (576x768, 75K)

In the comments the youtuber says that the problem only occurs with the Core i7 processor and QHD+ touchscreen

>COIL WHINE
>MELTDOWN

After 5 years of x230+Linux I got a 12" Macbook and I fucking love it.

I've previously had a macbook air and i hated it. I really really dislike the operating system

it doesn't actually mean anything other than being annoying. has 0 effect on hardware failure or anything really. it's a good laptop for the price, has good build quality and good components - if you can tolerate coil whine you should get it. if you can't, then don't

macOS is perfect for me.
I pretty much only use it for browsing the web, editors and IDEs.
90% of the stuff I do is on remote servers or in VMs where I still use a lot of linux, but as for the host OS of my main PC macOS is just perfect.
Not as obnoxious as Windows, got that sweet Unix-like usability/workflow and it just works.

>praises thinkpads
>doesn't know what XPS, Latitude or Precision means.
Memes+Brainlets

Lenovo Yoga 920

It's lovely

macbook is the only way if you care about *nix productivity and battery life

>coil whine, the device

there are more vids about it. it's also the i5s.

Buy a new battery retarded

the sd card sticks out tho

Get literally any thinkpad other than the t420s. The newer the better, no fucking meme. From the t450 onward they've only gotten better and better

What battery life do you usually experience?

Guys, any thoughts on xps15?

Essentially the GOAT mobile workstation. Wait for the 2018 model

SHILL THREAD IS OBVIOUS
H
I
L
L

T
H
R
E
A
D

I
S

O
B
V
I
O
U
S

These types of threads always come up around the time that the average US taxpayer gets a bit of money back from the US government. Its no secret that new products come out when tax refunds are issued. No problem with that, since we all want nice stuff.

Problem with xps 13 has consistently over the last several years been the coil whine. Dell dude, stop being lazy and fix the FUCKING COIL WHINE.

FIX THE COIL WHINE
i
X

T
H
E

C
O
I
L

W
H
I
N
E

Attached: xps 13 coil wine 2015 vintage.png (1920x1080, 244K)

These things come with M2 SSDs, it's really easy to open the bottom with a t4 screwdriver and replace the SSD if you need more storage. As for ram, you're stuck with what you get.