Why is the google pixel so hyped by tech reviewers again?

why is the google pixel so hyped by tech reviewers again?

Attached: thumb_93290_default_big.jpg (896x915, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xda-developers.com/oneplus-3-op3-android-o-last-update/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's a loaded question

ikr

why should i opt for an pixel? wats so bad about the galaxy s9? but markus discredited the s9 for the pixel but this is not the first time that i see a tech reviewer being so in aw about the pixel.

they're paid

Attached: Screenshot-2018-3-20 g - why is the google pixel so hyped by tech reviewers - Technology - 4chan(1) (402x579, 318K)

>wats so bad about the galaxy s9?

Samsung is lazy with updates, S8 got oreo only last month, it will never get 8.1

>well Google gave me this $1000 for free so I should probably say nice things about it so they'll give me a pixel 3 for free

If I wanted to buy a new phone, what would be anons option? Pixel, S9, Oneplus...?

Oh you!

The Google phones are like any other android phone except it gets updates.
That is exciting to some people.

pixel 2 xl.
+steady updates till eoy 2020.
-bad hardware qc

s9
+good hardware qc, but barely changed from s8
-shit software updates + sambloat

oneplus
+cheapish
-slow (unless buggy betas are your thing) software updates
-awful warranty support
-worse camera than the other two
-they'll release a new phone 3 months after you buy yours and abandon it

I don't know user, it seems all options are bad.

Attached: 1339848273433.jpg (296x288, 36K)

if you can wait till pixel 3 it might be worth it.
at that point google will either get their hardware right for the first time or you'll get a pixel 2 xl with a deep discount.

i have a pixel 2 xl and the bluetint is very real on my unit - doesn't bother me personally, but it is a thing. i just wanted a phone i can keep for 3 years. hopefully by then under-screen fingerprint sensors and notchless displays are the norm.

99% are sponsored reviews

Isn't s9 supposed to be AOSP-compatible?

i know there's a way to get AOSP up and running on the exynos s9 for now. not sure how finnicky it is, or how much stuff it breaks.

i'm boring and old so i really cannot be asked to keep up with custom dev on phones these days. i don't even bother rooting anymore.

free shit

samsung sucks with updates period, Pixel 2 can have latest Android preview installed and galaxy s8 is JUST getting 8.0 now

pixel is also a hell of a lot smoother

Because it's the best device for basic and power users alike. It's also one of the few remaining flagship device with an unlockable bootloader. They don't do those anymore.

Asking OnePlus 5T advertisments here. It's the perfect phone, 7h screen on time, good performance and everything is really nice. But the camera is the only thing that bothers me so much. Fuck. Even Google camera can't make up for it.

Project treble should help with custom ROM development though. Samsung updates no longer matter

It's a good phone.

OnePlus 3T is still getting updates, probably will get up to Android P and when all that fails you can still get LineageOS on it.

Bought a Nokia 8 today because Pixel 2 is way too expensive for me and no other manufacturer offers fast updates (Nokia is on 8.1 already).

Pretty sure it's just because of the camera. The screen on the pixel 2 xl is meh compared to the s9 but the camera seems slightly better. For me it's the s9+ tho.

I have a first gen pixel and it's still going gangbusters. Aged heaps better than any samshit I have had.

I don't even care it's a botnet phone. show me one that isn't and I'll buy it.

Nokia 7+ looks decent

Pixel related shit is popping up recently due to Samsung releasing the S9/S9+ and Google basically shilling reviewers/blogs to get focus on Pixel again to take attention away from Samsung's devices.

You think this is some bullshit but a good example of this shit happening was with AndroidPolice doing 2 videos on the Pixel 2 just as the S9 was announced. Hell they did not even have a video up covering the S9 yet and they were invited to the press conference for the damn thing. Its maximum Google shill work at play.

I am not saying the S9 is the end all perfect phone, but the clear direction of Google trying to gain attention on their phones again just as the new phones were released is hard to ignore. Plus lets be honest here, Google is basically following Apple trends with the Pixel series, doing the same shit Apple is doing but in much shittier ways.

>jewgle
Shame they make good software

Attached: 83837373783.jpg (634x553, 60K)

xz premium or xz2 or xz2c or wait for xz pro

Phone "reviewers" care more about perceived quality than any other characteristic.

Google dug themselves in this hole by giving Android to OEMs for "free", making money off of more people using their services. Now Google wants a slice of the hardware pie as well, and they are attacking a well-entrenched bunch of OEMs running Google's own OS with mods. So not only is Google playing catch-up with their Pixel version of Android software, they are also trying to carve a dent in the hardware space against giants like Samsung.

If Google had kept Android to themselves and made their own phones from the get-go, like Apple, then they wouldn't be in this mess right now.

there is NOTHING special about the google pixel

Pixel 2 XL
>2017 chipset
>no headphone jack
>no wireless charging
>no expandable storage, so the 128GB model is mandatory
>shitty LG screen
>$950
Galaxy S9
>2018 chipset
>headphone jack
>wireless charging
>expandable storage
>best phone screen on the market
>$720 if not purchased from a jewish provider
Pixel 2 xl does have a slightly better camera, but it's nothing note-worthy to justify the price.

>He didn't fall for the Jewgle phone meme
Got it for 550$ with a free Daydream VR
>Did I do good Sup Forums?

Attached: Screenshot_20180320-212245.png (1440x2880, 182K)

arent they also universally rootable, easy to unlock bootloaders, and the most well supported by custom roms?

>muh stock android
>muh AI camera + super sekret camera chip that does better HDR
that's basically it. the hardware and features are severely limited compared to just about any other android phone, and QC is as bad if not worse than Nexus days.

kek normies don't give a shit about any of that, and neither do normie tech reviewers. most of the IRL google fanboys I know that bought the pixel don't even know what root is. even then, what's the point in bothering with anything software when the hardware sucks balls? you can't fix that shitty screen no matter how you mod the software.

Why is this board obsessed with updates? I never updated my windows 7 and I could update my phone to 7.0 but I never had any problems with marshmallow

im on 4.4...

>touchwiz
>locked bootloader
>reduces your battery by 20% if you root
>slow as fuck os and security updates
>2 different apps for everything

you are literally retarded if you buy any samshit device

If I were to buy a phone right now I'd probably get a v30. Nice blend of modern features (OLED, wireless charging, thin bezels) without ODing on memes (headphone jack, curved screen, notch).

who cares about normies? it sounds like your conceding its a good choice for hackers, if not *the* best choice

Did you read the OP brainlet?

>why are tech reviews saying good things about a good product
really makes you think

>*the*
You have to go back

I had a Nexus 6P. I now have a Pixel 2 XL Panda. In all honesty the actual experience is nearly identical, the only reason I plunked down the $850 is no more support for Nexus and at least 2 years for the Pixel. The longer you're on Android the less you want to fuck around with old software versions. And don't blab to me about rooting and flashing unofficial versions, it's not the same thing.

> If Red Hat wants to deep-throat Microsoft, that's *your* issue.
so, noobie faggot...
to you I say...

>>>get
>>>*the*
>>>fuck

both phones have their strengths and weaknesses.
S9
>headphone jack
>better screen
>better stereo speakers
Pixel 2
>Better Android experience
>Best set of cameras in any phone

Just here to say that this girl i like is named layla so I saw that image and was like i wish.. :(

UEx

My first android phone was the nexus 4. I tried a Note 4 after I shattered the screen on my nexus 5. Lasted 4 months on the Samsung, touchwiz and the software was that terrible in comparison.

No I don't do custom ROMs. I did that with my Nexus 4 and realized I was too old/time was too valuable, after some shit developer released an update that bricked the phone and required 2+ hours of trouble shooting to fix.

>no telephoto
>no 4K60FPS
>no HFR

Attached: wrong.png (341x220, 10K)

Not a flagshipfag so I don't keep up with this sort of thing but how did Google shit out the best smartphone camera in two generations when every other company has been at it forever?

I owned the first google pixel and it sucked.
the glass on the back broke. I fell for the glass phone scam and now i'm basically never going to buy a new phone again.

I still use my Galaxy S3 but its time to buy a new one. stopped keeping track of smartphone since the iPhone4 came out. I kind of want to buy the newest phone but I dislike this edge-bullcrap Samsung rams down our throat. Is there a case which makes the s9 feel like an S7? And does more RAM really warrant to buy the S9+? I gonna install a custom ROM anyway so TouchWiz doesn't bother me

Attached: hellokitty-trike.jpg (241x288, 36K)

>no Copperheados
Trash.

Better question: First Pixel phone bragged about not removing the 3.5mm audio port to the point of making fun of those who removed it (iPhone 7) in the announcement video. Where did the audio port go to in the Pixel 2?

> No unlockable bootloader
> What is galaxy s9

Ios users, everyone

Not really.
Thats oneplus

tfw u will never have dinner with layla in 30 minutes :(I((

>pixel is also a hell of a lot smoother
I wish I knew why

>modern Samsung
>install custom ROMs
JEJ.

Pixel has some custom ROMs but pixel 2 is barren in that regard.

Nope, both OP3 and OP3T will only get security fixes. 8.0 was the last update.

Source - xda-developers.com/oneplus-3-op3-android-o-last-update/

Xperia XZ2

There are tons of pixel 2 roms. I don't see you would need them when you have gravity box. Roms are more for when the device stops receiving security updates so you unlock the bootloader and install lineage os.

Complacency. They focus on weird gimmicks and the flavour of the year tech advancement put it in their new phone and use their own bloat ware and ruin it

>There are tons of pixel 2 roms
Why the fuck you lyin. There's 3 unofficial ports made by one man and that's it.

Use xposed you fucking idiot.

Why would I want slow wireless charging on a device I can use QC? And I use Google Drive so I don't even need 128GB. Also, I just paid $530 for the Pixel 2 XL yesterday at Verizon. The biggest thing I don't like about it is that it's slippery as fuck and my bumper case won't be in until tomorrow.

>Pixel 2 XL
chipset
>>no headphone jack
>>no wireless charging
>>no expandable storage, so the 128GB model is mandatory
>>shitty LG screen
>>$950
>Galaxy S9
chipset
>>headphone jack
>>wireless charging
>>expandable storage
>>best phone screen on the market
>>$720 if not purchased from a jewish provider
>Pixel 2 xl does have a slightly better camera, but it's nothing note-worthy to justify the price.

Won't give me ROMs.

Sony?

>literally got that today (March security update)

Attached: Screenshot_20180321-205553.png (2160x3840, 520K)

bc Goygle and (((tech reviewers))) are both C-ANIGG-RS

Attached: 1490484661453.jpg (500x581, 37K)

marques is an iFag apple shill, just ignore him.

Wireless charging is so you can just place your phone down on your desk or nightstand and forget about it. I honestly won't consider a phone without it as this point.

Thanks, I understand the technology. My wife's phone has it and it's slow. I'd take QC over it any day.

But the entire point is different. QC is for when you're phone is dead midday and you need as much juice as you can get in 20 minutes. Wireless is to get juice with zero effort. I've never left the house with a half dead phone since getting one with wireless charging because of that. Why would I care about the speed when it's going to be sitting there for 9 hours?

Probably just a matter of preference. I'm near something that can charge all the time and QC can charge my device fast. Car has QC, house has QC, Tragedy averted.

Why not both.

muh stock android

Because Google has a lot of money.

Attached: received_2092490900986585.jpg (179x213, 6K)

>wats so bad about the galaxy s9?

TouchJizz is by far the worst Android skin. Even the MIUI is far better.

the s9, don't listen to anyone else. not the v30 either the S9!!!

>touchwiz
Not if you flash the AOSP roms that already exist thanks to project treble
>locked bootloader
Should've imported the superior exynos version with the unlocked bootloader then if you life in bugerland
>reduces your battery by 20% if you root
See above
>slow as fuck os and security updates
You can flash whatever you want
>2 different apps for everything
You can flash whatever you want or just go into /system and delete everything you don't want

Attached: IMG_20180321_230638_243.jpg (300x325, 29K)

I have one and I like it a lot.

soy