Just a quick reminder to #deletefacebook

Facebook is, and has always been, evil. It is complicit to what Cambridge Analytics has been uncovered to have done and you can all see how your privacy has been striped away from you in a brutal way and, furthermore, how FB still acts up as if it’s not complicit and it knows nothing.

When the product is free, you are the product.

Delete Facebook permanently right now.

They don’t deserve to profit off our data.

Don’t let them sway your democracy, worldwide!

Privacy matters.

> youtu.be/mpbeOCKZFfQ

Attached: image.jpg (1440x1080, 967K)

Other urls found in this thread:

abc.net.au/news/2018-03-21/facebook-how-to-delete-its-not-as-hard-as-you-think/9570332
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>delete my facebook last year
>it's now cool to delete Facebook
Blog post

>libcucks deleting facebook because muh drumpf spying
If using facebook means MAGA 2020, I'll keep it installed, thank you very much! Harvest my data to OWN the libs!

how to permanently delete your FB account:

go to:

> [ SITE ] .com/help/delete_account

>replace [SITE] with facebook (it was seen as spam by Sup Forums)

confirm the deletion and don't login to FB (or third party services using FB authentication) for 14 days.

I never had an account.

all my identities are fake tho

my info is fake
you don't need your real name

>having a facebook in the first place
>being this much of a normalfag

"we promise we totally don't keep your data anyway, goyim"
you lost control of your data the moment you handed it to them, deleting your account now is fairly pointless reactivism and just serves as another data point for them to use

>you lost control of your data the moment you handed it to them, deleting your account now is fairly pointless reactivism and just serves as another data point for them to use
True.

Why isn't Amazon also getting any blame for this? It was their digital sweatshop (MTurk) where $1,000,000 was spent for cheap labor who were then exploited to give away their and their friend's private data?

Attached: images.jpg (137x103, 2K)

>Not poisoning their dataset using fake data to get the outcome you want.

Idiot.

Attached: 1521235658552.jpg (300x276, 53K)

>deleting your account now is fairly pointless reactivism
Nice try, Facebook shills. Deleting the account now is direct feedback to the company and to the investors that users are fleeing a corrupt ship. This needs to happen. I'm sure Facebook will survive, but they need to take a hit on their stocks as a proper form of market feedback.

Anyone who says "don't delete" is trying to shore up the stocks for their own corrupt purposes.

See "serves as another data point for them to use", as you just said yourself, you bumbling retard.
Merely not using your account and not giving them any more of your data both skews their metrics and simultaneously prevents them from getting any more data on you.

Never had a facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Myspace or any of that garbage.

Attached: low quality bait.jpg (600x600, 16K)

i don't give a shit what deception they carry out as long as i can watch my memes. i have blocked all the irrelevant shit anyway.

And yet you spend your life on a Japanese cartoon message board

Attached: 1517540784116.png (639x839, 332K)

I'm pro-Trump yet every single thing I saw on Facebook in the build up to his election victory was anti-Trump, so much so that I thought Killary would edge it by virtue of the libtards. Also it's hard to take a pink haired faggot with a septum piercing seriously. I hope he gets rendered.

You do realize that the weasels at Facebook were partially responsible for all of this "Russian tampering and collusion" shit, right? They've been nothing but two-faced, spying, money grubbers, who are arguably more responsible for influencing the elections, than any other entity.

Anime was made in china u dummy

cambridge analytica its pure evil
then messina group its pure evil too since it fucked 2 elections in uk and spain

How did you not see how you're agreeing with them?
Ideally we'd just have all the users stop using Facebook and move their social media to safe platforms.

I'd rather keep a Facebook prescence but feed it inaccurate data about my likes and dislikes. You are only vulnerable if you tell Facebook the truth.

>he thinks he can truly delete facebook

Facebook is awesome. Don't listen to these people who would have you delete your account. They are overreacting and who better to trust than Facebook and our friends (EN$@, SEE!@, GEECEEHQ, F$BEE, etc) with all your information. Just keep on posting, liking, and make sure you upload as many photo's of you and your family and friends as you can. What safer place to keep them than on our servers. We promise to keep them forever and safe.

Yours Truly,

Mark Z

How do you like my new data center for storing all your personal information.

32°59'06.6"N 97°15'30.1"W

Luv and kisses...

Attached: farcebook.jpg (770x401, 54K)

next you are going to tell me i have to ditch windows 10 because it snoops my files, camera and microphone, everything i type, everything i search on the internet, how much time i spent on one program, or how it can just deny access to my own computer.

yeah, nah.

Install GENTOO, it is the only way....

Lol I deleted my Facebook account years ago, fucking kek

>mfw haven't used facebook in years except to log in and check up on a few select women
>mfw have been telling my normie friends to delete facebook past two years
>mfw can't delet now or I'll look like a hipster fag

I hate Facebook. But this whole Facebook/Cambridge Analytics story is stupid.
Are we really saying liberal-ass Facebook colluded with the Russians to get Trump elected?
This is just stupid.

Need it for tinder.

No, we're saying that Facebook exists to make money and will play both sides for the almighty buck.

No. Facebook essentially sold data to a 3rd party that helped get trump elected.
Even though everyone has known about this kind of thing forever people are asshurt about this.

The whole point is to give him screen time, Jesus Christ how is everyone so stupid

Why is this a surprise thought?. I mean seriously.

Deleting Facebook is anti-semitic

>he thinks buying shitty Facebook ads can "hack" an election
>he doesn't think running a shitty candidate named Hillary influenced the election

>democracy

Attached: 18193914_1644565328890267_913471918143309708_n.jpg (625x464, 38K)

Who are you quoting?

Yeah, I would have voted Democrat if they ran pretty much anyone but that fucking Hillary. So, I voted Trump and mostly, I’m happy. Wish he’d ease up on marijuana and gun regulation, but otherwise, I’m happy.

Am I supposed to believe this ultra secret underground 7D chess company is using fucking Protonmail?
Literally discredited and I hate Trump for being Authoritarian.
Aslo
>Having Facebook

>Delete Facebook permanently right now.
oy vey, anti-semitism!

How is this on Sup Forums? People here have been calling facebook cancer for years. The only acceptable reason to use it is let old friends look up your new phone number, and for you to do the same to them.

Facebook has its place, and that's as a phone book. Nothing more.

Because Democrats would definitely ease up on gun regulation.

>When the product is free, you are the product
Does this also apply to FOSS then? Most of those products are gratis as well

i "deleted" my account like 5 years ago, never really used it anyway. they probably have whatever i had on there still stored somewhere anyway.

>gratis
Back to the third world, Pablo.

Considering you can just build it yourself, since they give you the blueprints, there's a bit of difference between FOSS and free.

I'm using Stallman's recommended terminology, since English does not distinguish between those meanings of free. Lurk moar newfag

The F in FOSS stands for free :^)

Yes, it does. But it's only one part of what makes FOSS FOSS.

I mean, what you're proposing is akin to: because humans consume carbon based food, humans should just eat coal. It's carbon-based, too.

True, coal is carbon-based, but there's more to what we eat than simply it being carbon-based.

No, that's not an accurate analogy. I'm just pointing out that OP's blanket statement obviously isn't true without caveats. Much of free (as in freedom) software is free (as in price) exactly in the way these services like Facebook are. So it's not accurate to say that if the product is free, you're the product. Am I the product when I use IRC?

Why the fuck would those clowns openly describe their methods on past negociations to a random client? It doesn't make any sense. There's no way this isn't forged. Obviously there's someone else to profit from this.

>having an account to begin with
You fucking deserve to be taken advantage of, retard.

I hasn't been using facebook since 2010, so I have no problem deleting it. But what about other site which also collect my data like linkedin or jobstreet?

This. I deleted my FB account in fucking 2012 because I was tired of seeing election shit incessantly. And now suddenly it's en vogue?

>this is the standard of so-called 'real news'
dear oh dear

This. I use two browsers : one for normal browsing and one for botnet&shitposting

Why should I delete it?
I have only relatives in it. Ony chat with them when they message me about normie stuff. Don't use app and login to web like once a month. No poctures of me. Have liked and added things/groups that make me look like normie2018(TM)...
They can analyze that as much as they want.

>people i have to be in contact with use it

shhhhh user dont spread truth to the masses

>pretending that Facebook cares about a loser like you

Underage poster spotted. You know what we do to your jailbait ass in here. Shittee...

i'll wait a month or two for it not to seem like i'm just participating in the hype

Attached: smart frog.png (498x497, 156K)

>Never had a facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Myspace or any of that garbage.

Same here. Feels good.

Russia never interfered with anything. All DNC and three letter agency propaganda spread about by US mass media!

You are so cool.

Business buys zuckbook analytics:
>"I mean you kind of have to in this day and age"
Leftists buy zuckbook analytics.
>"I mean you kind of have to in this day and age"
Libertarians and Republicans use zuckbook analytics.
>"OMG THIS PROVES THAT BLUMPF COLLUDED WITH FACEBOOK TO WIN THE ELECKCHUN!"

And nothing of value was lost.

Attached: delete.png (434x175, 7K)

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't. Even the most exaggerated claims of "Russian interference" suggests they spent less than $500k on facebook ads. I don't see how that could have swayed an election. It it did, then Hillary should explain why she couldn't get the job done with the $1,300,000,000 she spent.

Why should I delete my facebook? I did that in 2012. I don't need such shitty websites.

And yes, they are pure evil.

>has facebook on mobile
>facebook now has your contacts

But muh 27 agencies who say so....

delete account, but first you must delete every one of your posts and pics and stuff, otherwise they keep that data. There are scripts that automatically delete all your fb content, google them.

>implying I have contacts

Sup Forums has been saying this for years and it's basically old news. I wish you Sup Forums newfags would get out.

Guess who was the Director of National Intelligence when that memo was put out? James Clapper. He was the head of the NSA who told Congress they weren't spying on US citizens a few weeks before Snowden released proof they were. It's amazing he escaped jail over that, much less received a promotion.

>israeli people... very effective.... intelligence gathering
OY VEY

Attached: 1520957742425.jpg (340x448, 27K)

>He thinks he can delete his facebook data out of there servers

Hah Nice joke friendo.

Attached: Bridget (22).jpg (577x577, 62K)

sorry antifa, we can't handle the truth

Attached: 1497074962940.jpg (700x773, 81K)

>social media
>safe platform
Pick one

Basically this.

its simple
no one cares about celebrity endorsements and giving the corporations even more power plus the ability to sue you in case if you say something bad about them...

she lost because simply she was the worst candidate

>Am I the product when I use IRC?
Yes. IRC would be shit without people to interact with. The users make the network what it is...

>caring about personal information collection
>caring about privacy
>on a website where sharing your personal information is the sole point
is this facebooks' version of ">anime website"?

That would make extremely little impact, even if you somehow got 1 million people to mess with their data it would be ridiculously statistically insignificant

don't delete Facebook. just don't post anything whatsoever, only use it to spy on your friends just like the gov does

Reminder

Attached: better.jpg (830x869, 290K)

i never had a facebook account because im not a giant fucking idiot, im sitting here laughing at the normies who only just realised what is going on, even though we've been trying to tell them for years; where are all those deplorable cunts who told the media that people without facebook accounts are suspicious? hopefully sat in a dark corner eating their own shit

>implying I ever used Facebook
Normies out

How real is the actual damage? I mean Facebook's stock dropped by a lot (for my standards, I don't know a percentual drop) but that does not reflect actual user drop. To my casual uninformed eye this just seems like a bigger drop than usual, but I don't feel like even this will be good enough for a permanent blow to Facebook.

Normal people will forget about this next week and then they wonder why they deleted their Facebook. Then they just crawl back.

Trust him guys.

Attached: 1381805680689.jpg (700x970, 301K)

Can't delete facebook if I never had one... or any friends to have one... jokes on you OP...

...Privacy?

It's fucking facebook.

This isn't news to me, and it's not news to anyone with more than 3 braincells.

I mean.

IT'S FUCKING FACEBOOK
(almost) EVERY SITE WITH A FACEBOOK ICON IS RUNNING FACEBOOK JAVASCRIPT TO TRACK YOU WHEN YOU'RE NOT ON FACEBOOK
FACEBOOK LOGINS ARE EVERYWHERE
THE ENTIRE COMPANY HAS SPREAD TENDRILS INTO A LARGE PORTION OF THE WEB AND IS LOOKING AT YOU THROUGH THEM

PRIVACY?

FUCK YOU

You should delete your facebook as opposd to not logging in, people viewing, commenting, dming and sending friend requests to your inactive profile still give facebook more data to farm than the "deletion" data point.

>deleted facebook 7 years ago

The whole point was to get edgy contrarians like you to say "fuck hillary" at the polls, not plaster you with "trumpsu for glorious leader maga."

>But be warned: you can't disappear without a trace.
>But some remanence of your Facebook activity — like your messages — may still be visible to others;
>If you've given third-party sites and apps access to you account over the years, part of the fine print is that they can harvest — and perhaps store — stuff like your name, profile picture, cover photo, gender, networks, username and user ID.
abc.net.au/news/2018-03-21/facebook-how-to-delete-its-not-as-hard-as-you-think/9570332

Attached: 9549926-3x2-large.jpg (700x467, 79K)

That's not what being the product means

I haven't made a Facebook in the first place. Wat do?