/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: f34736d715e1777fdba80c0e34df1c06.jpg (1586x2048, 217K)

>tfw headphones ruin my hair

Attached: 1493421123743.jpg (385x387, 17K)

Faggot

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1496888417203.png (1280x720, 27K)

I sweep my hair back and put headband over it when listening to music at home.
Makes my wavy hair much more obedient.

I have a nice hair trimmer that goes down to something like 1mm.
So I just trim my hair every now and then to near-nothing.
I wouldn't want hair to attenuate the high end and screw up the neutrality of my HD600.

Attached: 1498199914179.jpg (1280x720, 660K)

Same, I shave my head so I don't have to worry about it getting between my ear and the drivers to ensure that I don't fuck up the sound and ruin my investment

I had to remove a hair from my right driver a week ago. So fuck it, even if it's cold, short is best!

Attached: 1506430378461.jpg (1920x1080, 1.29M)

Retard. You're supposed to move your hair out of the way of your ears before you put the headphones on.

That's just using the flash of my GS5 my dude.

Attached: do it faggot.jpg (500x500, 16K)

Trying is easy. Succeeding is a different matter.

It's easy though.

It's easy to try and fuck up, indeed.

Shaving/keeping your temples cut short certainly helps. As long as headband is comfortable, you can keep everything else as long or short as you want.

Am I doing it right?

Attached: 20180320_152238-1.jpg (2582x1936, 1.59M)

I use the samson 850's just because Idubbbz uses them, did i make a good purchase?

Attached: idubbzphones.jpg (899x1024, 79K)

What do you think about Beyerdynamic DT150?

decent budget but you should spend more money. enjoy your hearing while it lasts.

Are you saying I should use good headphones since life is short and you should use it with the best while you live or that the samsons are so bad they will ruin my hearing

Looking for wireless headphones:

>Budget
>Source
Plugged into desktop fulltime likely, maybe phone.
>Type of headphone
Fullsize, wireless
>Open or closed
Probably closed if I understand correctly, that open will let people around me hear what I hear
>Comfort level
Comfortable enough to wear for 8+ hours at a time
>Sound signature
Bass-y would be cool
>Past headphones
Logitech G230, they are fine but I'd like more bass, and they're wired so my baby daughter always tugs on the cords.

Attached: 1500234655456.png (800x400, 18K)

Attached: he1.jpg (1296x972, 389K)

*flakes*

gimme one good reason why i shouldnt get fiio e10k from ebay for like 55 euro instead of 80 in amazon

you shouldn't be buying products at their MSRP anyways

Nice perfect mattress of sound that you just want to sink into and stay there, IT.

I guess he means your hearing naturally gets worse with aging

i'm saying you should use good headphones because our hearing has an expiration date even before we die

What kind of mattress?

The best sounding mattress in the world.

i just downloaded deezloader
wtf it looks perfect
is there anything wrong with it? why doesnt everyone use it?

Why would anyone pay so much for headphones when even the most basic of monitor speakers will sound better?
Do you really believe headphones reproduce the sound as accurately as speakers when no music is mixed with headphones?

Attached: Studio_C_Ardent_Studios_cropped.jpg.jpg (4000x2427, 1.24M)

why do headphones even exist in the first place?! everyone should be using speakers, everywhere, all the time.

Attached: ehh.png (720x775, 454K)

ur right for 350+ (those jbls) but less than that headphones are better
i got fidelio x2 for 150 euro

That isn't saying much

Most of you people dont leave your hopes, as evidenced by the shilling of HD600s, at least be intellectually honest.

Attached: stupid.png (1600x900, 64K)

>Most of you people dont leave your hopes
I'll use speakers when you learn proper english

Attached: 2B_43.png (900x844, 274K)

I am sorry, I mean to say homes. I apologize o'shut in san.

AHAHAHAAH fucking saved
bless u user

Because Deezer doesn't actually have lossless files, you get "lossless" from the files Deezer has received from the studios/artists.
A lot of the FLAC I've downloaded on it have 320kbps 22kHz cutoff.

So whats the best way to get actual .flacs without getting in retarded territory (private trackers with interview lmao!)

Buy your music rip your own cds you fucking subhuman. If you're not willing to either buy or put real effort into sailing the seven seas you don't deserve flacs to begin with.

Speakers and headphone have their own application they excel at turbo autist.

Almost choked there.

Attached: 1517003304942.png (1920x1200, 1.65M)

My stuff hasn't changed in quite some time, i did finally got a copy of World Coming Down by Type O Negative though, also got a new dvd writer to do propper copies of my CDs.
I'm currently in the process of converting all my Wav stuff to FLAC.

Attached: Setup (second version).png (1617x723, 1.74M)

I listen mainly to Japanese stuff, so private trackers (JPopSuki), Nyaa or TDSM are great for me.
Private trackers although retarded have the best interface to find music. You can also just Google "name flac blogspot" and call it a day.

im into jpopsuki but idk how to upload
like i download something leave it there to upload for others but noone wants it and my ratio is like 0

private trackers,made by stupid people to be used by stupid people

Download K-pop shows from freeleech and keep them on seed for a while, I got almost 1000Go uploaded on my first day there.
If you leave your client open you'll eventually get points you can trade for upload.

Get huge freeleech torrents and seed them for ages.

sennheiser

the best headphone company

This post is extremely accurate.

Produces garbage, it turns out.

>extremely accurate.
Just like HD600!

Because speakers are obsolete. Now go make your /ag/ so headphonechads can bully your basement speakercuck setups.

>Obsolete
>Literally used in every aspect of life
What did he mean by this?

Is this acceptable channel matching for $450 headphones?

Attached: Sennheiser HD 700.png (633x492, 54K)

What kind of shilling tactic is this?

Is it acceptable for the headphone industry to fail so hard that this, a $300 headphone, is the best headphone available in 2018?

Attached: hd600frequencyresponse.png (630x489, 30K)

But that's a 7 year old graph

>chads
Dont you have to leave your house to be anything other than the shut in you are?

>inplying headphones are not just smaller speakers

What makes it the best?

Shoo, speakergoblinos. This thread isn't for ultrapermavirgin loser soymutts like yourselves.

Attached: 1521524099175.gif (413x243, 51K)

The irony.

Attached: smug daisy.png (300x291, 164K)

Just got these and tried them. still not convinced that $300+ headphones are worth the small performance increase

Attached: IMG_20180320_170025.jpg (3968x2976, 3.51M)

>this thread is for us chads that use open back head phones at home because our social anxiety keeps us from leaving our homes to do things outside
Okay.

Of course you're not. You bought shitty retard Monomemes.

You have extremely shit taste going by your desk.

Attached: IMG_20180305_221913352.jpg (2080x1170, 1.35M)

Keep shitposting, speakertrocidads. This is a headphonechad thread, your presence here is irksome at best and pestilent at worst. Of course speakerturbovirgins would lack the social skills to recognize that they are not wanted here.

Attached: mikro-pebbles.jpg (510x342, 28K)

>buys cheapo planar with major ringing issues
>expensive hifi isn't worth it guys!!!!

What am I looking at here

what ever made you think that buying monoprice shit was a good idea? holy fuck there isn't a single decent audiophile community on the internet that would recommend this garbage, and certainly not /hpg/

The folly of speakermutts. The headphone community is infected with snake oil salesman but the speakerfag community by comparison has terminal AIDS. Helps that your average speakerfag is a dumb bag of bricks.

Attached: ca.jpg (548x412, 105K)

honestly, this would be perfect for a roomba

>even your experience playingonline fantasy games
Ok this is ironic

Not sure what's worse, people who tape rocks to their cables, or people who spend over a thousand dollars on headphones that are no different than 300 dollar ones.

There's an easy answer. Speakercreaturas.

No, at least rocks are free.

>Not sure what's worse
people who spend their time evangelizing on a headphone general when they have speakers and don't care about headphones

With how triggered posters such as get, you literally deserve it. t. owner of headphones and speakers.

you bought some of the worst headphones ever made in that price range so uh

>magic pebbles
>free

Attached: Machina Dynamica's Brilliant Pebbles.png (626x1040, 443K)

Yeah, I'll go out in my backyard and get some magic pebbles. F R E E

Being triggered means giving (you)s, not receiving them. Silly speakerbrainlets.

he's not triggered though. he's being obvious as fuck that he's shitposting. I mean I don't really care if you keep posting, feel free to be my guest. you'll tire out eventually and I just ignore your posts. I do wonder why you even bother though.

They are some of the worst headphones, ever. They are unlistenable. I prefer my $99 beatsx, the $99 gr07, the fucking $15 ksc's. They are BAD. RETURN THEM
I tried all the mods, no they don't fix anything.

Attached: current-headphones.jpg (1232x921, 819K)

>Instantly cires cuck cuck cuck
>Not triggered
>I do wonder why you bother
Because I post my headphones in these threads you moron. Anyone triggered enough to start unironically posting like that deserves to be triggered further.

Attached: smug remi.png (748x748, 360K)

>trigger
>cuck

Gen z are really fighting tonight.

you should try EQing instead of showing toilet paper into your drivers or whatever reddit to you to do

>Anyone triggered enough to start unironically posting
he's ironically posting not unironically. are you always this slow?

>This damage control
Cute. Let's discuss another topic, how much the 6XX sucks dicks. Never falling for another sennheiser meme.

>he doesnt use 3 ply to dampen his treble
also m1060 is unfixable by eq

Attached: 3ply.png (721x480, 49K)

>Cute. Let's discuss another topic
now you're just projecting what triggers you.

No, I'm projecting shitty headphones that I now unfortunately own and have already dropped after a day of use.

Okay.