Locked laptop HDD

Trying to recover information off of a laptop for a friend, windows 8 updates fucked his shit and I've done all the work arounds in cmd to activate the proper partitions but I've got nothing. He has scores of hentai mangos and weeb music he wants, no cp, sorry lads. Connected the hard drive to my rig, to try and transfer the information, but keep getting the message on startup I need a master password to unlock it. It's a Toshiba hard drive.

How does one go about doing this?

I see programs that offer to make the HDD functional again, but most seem to erase the information and reformat, or they look sketchy at best.

I guess the tl;dr is what is the best way for someone to go about data recovery on a locked laptop HDD?

Attached: 1395350904220.jpg (1280x960, 183K)

sounds like you stole it, and that's not nice, tyronamal.

Go Linux with forensic tools, eg. Kali and use foremost.

Ask your friend for the password
Enter password
??????
Profit

Oh sorry, password locked - I assumed drive corruption. You're screwed, give it back Jamal.

You're pretty much screwed if the hdd is password protected...... Sorry bub!

>locked laptop hdd
Seems a bit too general op.
Give us some details.
Along with your address.

Ask your friend for the password, or give back the stolen laptop.

>password protected hard drive

Wut? Like... it's encrypted?

OP here, more information.

I have the user password for the HDD, and BIOS password, so I am able to access the surface while the HDD is connected to its home laptop. But I obviously because of the nature of companies wanting to protect their customer and user's info, they use a master pw to lock it once it leaves the computer its in.

If i stole it, I'd just be able to log in and take the information, lel. I have Windows 8.1 installed on a portable drive to boot the laptop with the original HDD in it, but it wont recognize the original HDD is connected without the password.

Hope its not corrupted, that would mean hundreds upon hundreds of gigs of doujins and JAVs into the toilet. But then again this is one of those situations why we stress to normies to cloud their shit, or get portable hard drives.

>If i stole it, I'd just be able to log in and take the information, lel.
Then steal it, or pretend to have stolen it.

Fuck. You got me. That's a really solid plan.

give it back Marcos

up to your old tricks again Jamal?

Attached: moo.png (895x505, 385K)

>we
>cloud

Attached: 1500095548074.png (291x300, 16K)

Attached: 1521356446495s.jpg (125x117, 2K)

Figured I’d bait someone while i wait. Ha.

The thumbnail looked like gore from the thumbnail and it almost triggered me

Please spoiler it next time to not offend others

Fuck off.

Sorry I’ll make sure to post actual gore next time and not cw it.

its password encrypted, your best bet jamal is to ask the rightful owner for the password

unscrew the housing, use magnifying glass

search for Hiren's boot

Attached: 1332021909271.gif (286x310, 688K)

Medicat is where it's at.

Attached: 1520378973337.png (600x550, 85K)

Is this bitlocker? If so boot normally and get the recovery key its a long ass GUID looking thing and type it in when challenged at boot.

Why?

If you can access it on the original system just fucking boot on that system, and dumb the contents to an external device. DBAN and restore.