>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones

Recent News:
gsmarena.com/news.php3

Previous

Attached: p20_pro.0.jpg (1200x800, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spigen.com/collections/google-pixel-2/products/google-pixel-2-xl-case-rugged-armor
spigen.com/collections/google-pixel-2/products/google-pixel-2-xl-case-neo-hybrid?variant=38227842369
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_smartphone_bootloop_issues
gsmarena.com/meizu_e3_goes_official_in_china_launches_on_march_31-news-30187.php
jolla.com/sailfishx/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why isnt that colour on every phone

So my s8 screen broke today sadly and repair cost is like new phone so does anyone have good reccmondation for high tier phone? Was thinking maybe going for Razer phone of the price went down

are $800 phones even worth it? what can they do that a $500 phone can't?

>3 cameras
>40mp

Oh we're back to those stupid camera spec wars from the earlier days of smartphones. K.

Depends on the phone. Compare them to find out.

>high tier
Retard.

Pure View is awesome.

What are the current god tier android ones under 400 euros?

1st gen Pixel.

we /ombré/ now?

Looks a bit like synthwave. I actually like it.

What is everyone's preferred case style? Autistic CAT / Otterbox sized nuke proof? Silicon minimalism? Those super thing "bumper" style?

Nokia 8 and XZ1 Compact are available under 400€, they're the cheapest non-chink SD835 phones.

>Case
Are you a child?

Whatever Spigen TPU case fits your phone.

If not wanting my screen or rear to be scratched when placing it on something makes me childish, then yes.

Not asking for brand suggestions just wondering what people use. Have never used a TPU one though. Do they still have a yellowing issue?

Not transparent ones, they do tend yo yellow. I mean like this spigen.com/collections/google-pixel-2/products/google-pixel-2-xl-case-rugged-armor
or this spigen.com/collections/google-pixel-2/products/google-pixel-2-xl-case-neo-hybrid?variant=38227842369

I just bought a Nokia N900 for 68€ on Aliexpress, how bad did I fuck up Sup Forums ?

Is it a great phone ?

Attached: 7383391621981973610.jpg (800x800, 123K)

My aunt has cancer and her pain meds are basically making her retarded. Anyone know of a phone that's as fool-proof as it gets?
Like maybe something made for seniors. The only requirements are that it be able to store contacts and work with texts. YouTube/Spotify compatibility would be a plus but that's optional.
I've also looked at dumbphones but didn't see anything that looks particularly inspiring

unironically get an iPhone

My 5X has just died, can sometimes get into bootloader and won't get past the google splash trying to go into recovery or boot, repair guy I spoke too claimed a common motherboard fault and suggested I just buy a new phone

So here I am, do you guys know of any fix for this or alternatively good replacements? I don't really want to spend more than £300 again

That's pretty expensive though, plus I don't think she'd get the hang of swiping gestures for notifications, settings, etc...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LG_smartphone_bootloop_issues

Well that's great, at least I'm not the only one with a bricked phone. I bought it from google on release so I guess I'll try and bug them into replacing it

I finally made it out of poverty and it is time for me to upgrade my 2011 Galaxy Ace to something respectable. I want a phone with decent GPS and battery life. I will be using it mainly for business purposes and not much more. I want something with strong signal reception, and dual sim is preferred but not necessary.
Shill me whatever you got, my budget is 300 Euros (might spend a bit more) and I live in Germoney.

Attached: 2296.jpg (1024x576, 62K)

and one more thing, I want it to be rootable. I don't want the botnet to listen in on my conversations.

>3 cameras
For what purpose?

>On March 27th, Huawei will officially introduce the P20, P20 Lite and the P20 Pro. The latter is Huawei's new muscle phone with top-of-the-line specs including three rear-facing cameras that feature Leica optics. This reportedly is made up of a 40MP sensor, a 20MP (monochrome) sensor and an 8MP (telephoto) sensor. 5X magnification is available when using the zoom capabilities of the 40MP and 8MP sensors. Huawei calls this feature "Hybrid Zoom." The aperture on the cameras range from f/1.6 to f/2.4. Adorning the front is a selfie snapper weighing in at 24MP.

Rooting your phone doesn't make it botnet free my dude
Other than that I really recommended Xiaomi phones, they're really powerful and well built for the price

Attached: smugjak2.jpg (885x466, 55K)

gsmarena.com/meizu_e3_goes_official_in_china_launches_on_march_31-news-30187.php

The E3 features a 5.99" IPS LCD screen of 1,080 x 2,160 pixels and runs on the Snapdragon 636 chipset (8x Kryo 260 cores, Adreno 509 GPU). There are 6 gigs of RAM and 64GB or 128GB of expandable storage.

The Meizu E3 packs a dual-camera setup on its back that wouldn't be out of place on a phone with much higher standing. The modules are protected by a piece of sapphire glass and the main shooter has a 12MP Sony IMX362 (1/2.55", 1.4µm) sensor behind f/1.9 lens with Dual-Pixel autofocus. The secondary telecam unit has a 20MP Sony IMX350 (1/2.8", 1.0µm) imager behind f.2/6 lens with PDAF. There is also a dual-tone flash around.

The Meizu E3 has its internals wrapped in a metal body, and its fingerprint sensor placed on its right side as it once was on quite a few Sonys. Meizu says the sensor is always on and unlocks the phone in just 0.2 seconds.

Meizu E3 has a 3,300 mAh sealed battery capable of 20W fast charging via a new custom cable and adapter. The company advertises the charging as "cold", and we guess this is a technology similar to the 5V/4A VOOC/Dash Charge.

Meizu E3 will go on pre-order on March 26 in China, while shipping begins on March 31. The phone will be available in Champagne Gold, Black and Blue colors. The 64GB model is priced at CNY 1,799 ($284), while the 128GB one costs CNY 1,999 ($315).

Attached: gsmarena_001.jpg (728x288, 41K)

OnePlus 3 or Samsung Galaxy A8 2018?

How do they plan to fit a 40 MP sensor in there?

No notch, no buy.

Newfag here, I haven't bought a phone in years so I'm on the prowl for something budget-level and relatively ""powerful"""" so I don't have to get a replacement for a while. I had my eye on the iPhone SE as recommended by the OP, but I would love to get something more flexible instead.

My budget is 100-150$.

Swappa.com

>Rooting your phone doesn't make it botnet free my dude.
I have heard around here that installing SailfishOS or something like that makes it actually botnet free. Or is that only a meme?

Attached: 1521406168766.jpg (960x716, 93K)

Recommended screen protectors?

Thinking on putting 3M privacy filter.

Attached: s-l500.jpg (500x500, 17K)

How good is the Mi Max 2?

I'd like a cheap phone with a big battery and fast charging, the Mi Max 2 has USBC too which is a plus.

SD625, 4gb RAM. Doesn't need to do much other than messaging and calling so don't need a great processor (do I?).

I'm going to flash it as well but it doesn't look like Lineage has a ROM for it.

Would love to hear any recommendations for better phones though, ideally

Also considering the Redmi Note 5, but same problem - no Lineage support... yet. My M9 broke this morning so need it fairly soon.

>privacy filter
Just use the fingerprint scanner

Moto Z or HTC 10? Willing to flash Lineage on the 10

Used s8s are getting cheaper by the day. Any reason why I shouldn't spend $650 AUD on a used s8?

what's a good rom for a sprint branded galaxy s5? currently looking at lineage or maybe resurrection remix. O is too new at the moment for the s5 (bugs, shit battery, etc), so N-based roms would be nicer.

>Released 2009
yeah you fucked up

>tfw that color

Attached: 1507760016712.jpg (1600x1067, 237K)

Lineage

Who owns TVR these days? Do they still make the Sagaris?

What's the cheapest treble enabled phone right now? Just need something degoogled for my DD.

honor 8 lite y/n ?

Moto g5+, Nokia 6 or Zenfone max plus

I recently bought a Xperia x for 180€ from ebay. It's pretty comfy for that price. You can also look at bq phones. If you want botnet free (no gapps) then look at lineageOS. If you don't want Google or Apple at all sailfish x is your choice.

>Do they still make the Sagaris?

nah but they've got a new car coming out, and it's designed by gordon murray
www.topgear.com/car-news/pioneers/this-is-the-all-new-tvr-griffith-2017

Doesn't look bonkers enough for TVR from the outside. But:

>flyweight
>rwd
>manual
>murray chassis

Should be a riot to drive.

HTC 10, the version of Oreo it's running is basically stock Android with HTC icons and blink feed, so no real reason to even flash a new rom.

I had one before but I have butter fingers and dropped it, RIP HTC 10, concrete and corners don't mix well.

Nokia is always the answer.

>buy s8+
>trying it out
>the display turns off if i close my eyes

jesus fuck, I'm sure samsung thought this would be a cool feature but this is spooky, i think I'm gonna have to stick to my old phone for fapping

When will the price of the S9+ drop?

next year

s10 release will be bonkers

What is Sailfish X and why should I care

>buy pixel 2 for $400 new
>hold onto it til new Pixel is announced
>trade in for it and get warranty on new Pixel
>repeat steps 2-3

is this plan foolproof?

Attached: biribiri_EeKetsu_04.jpg (1280x1834, 323K)

SailfishOS was Nokias aborted answer to Android now run by Jolla. There's a special official version for Sony phones.
jolla.com/sailfishx/

Is a Nexus 5 a good phone to use in the meantime while I wait for the pixel 3 to come out? The phone that I used to use broke, so I need a new one.

Attached: file.png (425x425, 224K)

I bet you must be a cuckold that love black so much?

On a AT&T note 4 right now. Worth just replacing the battery and waiting for the note 9 release?

>wait for the pixel 3
lmao

>If you don't want Google or Apple at all sailfish x is your choice.
I will still be able to install apps from the playstore right? or will i have to do it through apk?

Hi Sup Forums, what app do you use for taking notes?

Bonus if it's accessible via cloud by Google/Microsoft. I don't use iPhone/Apple.

I don't mind the good old pen & paper, but that shit eventually gets messy.

Attached: 1513108645658.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

I want a P20 so much just because of that color.

One phone operator had a deal with huawei so you could get a P10 last year for totally around 300€ just if you agree to split the pay for 6 months. Almost half the price of what it actually would costs directly. I hope they do the same deal with the P20 this year.

true and meme, since Sailfish only works on a Sony Xperia and you can't even properly use all the features in the phone.
LineageOS and no google apps is the best shot. F-Droid is your friend

Want to buy S9+.
Costs like 2000$ in local currency.

Forever an eurocuck

it's shit user, get an S8 on a discount or just another phone that isn't made for cock sucking cucks

quads checked

Attached: 1521269098094.jpg (748x684, 125K)

>$2000
>more expensive than a decent used car
stop being a cuck and get a proper phone

If I buy a Oneplus 5t expecting a mid to high end smartphone while still providing a good value per dollar exchange, will I be disappointed?

If so, what should I buy instead? Thanks.

Attached: a2b0134630512fa5ab55b5f6d13c60d60c203fd50f39e4d6dadc2453df200f3f.jpg (1152x864, 237K)

There is an option to turn it off

you shouldn't be

No, you won't have a playstore from Google. You can either download them via raccoon or get some apps from fdroid. Android apps do run on sailfish OS as long as they don't require Google apps to run.
If you are using sailfish OS you can either use
>the sailfish OS store with sailfish apps
>fdroid for foss Android apps
>sideload apks you can't find on fdroid. WhatsApp for example works AFAIK.

Enjoying the s8 rn, just make sure you have a screen protector, tard.

Attached: SmartSelect_20180320-185158_Tumblr.jpg (218x186, 22K)

The only thing I will need to run on such phone is Slack (for work), WhatsApp, and Maps.me. If all of these run without google botnet then I will be happy.

saw the quotes the s9 has for screen replacements.
makes me want to get samsung's insurance just in case I somehow drop my high priced machine and break the screen like a chump.

Oneplus 5t apparently doesn't work on Verizon.
Sorta big oversight seeing as it's the biggest carrier in NA, oh well.

Any equivalent phone that works with Verizon?

Attached: 6952ed9487f0f9fb095de23ddb01fdf83bf9ebf3f278c88d77e1b9b0115d76fe.jpg (1200x900, 237K)

I don't know if they do. Look it up I guess. WhatsApp does run. No idea about slack or maps.me

I thought the Sony Xperia XZ1 would be good, but it doesn't have a fucking finger print sensor, wtf?

best in metal with front facing speakers?
sad there is no Axon 8.

Anyone here have the new moto X?

What were they?

Can anyone recommend a good Verizon supported phone?

so the oneplus 6 is probably gonna have a notch, bummer

Attached: 1521590610446.jpg (436x413, 14K)

Why Nokia 6 even though Moto g5+ has better performance and zenfone has better battery

Should I ditch my OnePlus 5 for an upgrade to an S9/S9+

around 2 to 3 hundo.
did do the trade in so it cost me a little under 400, but i'd hesitate paying for a replacement if it ever came to that. last phone i did break the screen of was the S4, but that was still functional past the spiderweb crack.

it's too old for normal smartphone usage, but a fun toy nonetheless

I use Google keep. Opens with a gesture in Nova, and it's been pretty much perfect

It's on the power button you fool.

I'm using Armorsuit film on my Galaxy S8 just because I couldn't find a reliable curved glass protector. There's a slightly noticeable drag as compared to a naked glass screen but it went on without any air bubbles, looking at it it's like it's not even there.

App recommendations

What's the price for a brand new Priv and a Xperia Z5? In a bankruptcy auction right now

very quick and snappy with lineageos or dark rom

Is the Motorola Z2 any good?